io6...we have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I was vaping an SLB 3.5 and it was alright, but not quite alright. Popped a fresh one in and woozer... Since the 3.5 was used @ 6V, I couldn't up the voltage to extend it as customary with lower Ohm atties, it got tossed. If I get a month out of an atty = $0.30/day I am quite happy. Many atties last well over that, some longer than others, it is the luck of the draw. We have unrealistic expectations at times :)

Time stamp 12 sec that atty lasted 12 months. It served me well and I was sad to see it go. The other I got at the same time bit the dust after 4 months.

mycarsifarst

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
I just got the io6's in the mail. First, the transparent red should be renamed to pink...not a biggie, but yeah. The io6 is great so far, this has the best draw of anything I've used in the close to four months I've been vaping. The vapor is awesome, flavor is great, especially around 4.3V with a 2.5 ohm io6. It metered 2.5 exactly, so that's a plus. All in all, I'm a happy camper...er...vaper...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I just got the io6's in the mail. First, the transparent red should be renamed to pink...not a biggie, but yeah. The io6 is great so far, this has the best draw of anything I've used in the close to four months I've been vaping. The vapor is awesome, flavor is great, especially around 4.3V with a 2.5 ohm io6. It metered 2.5 exactly, so that's a plus. All in all, I'm a happy camper...er...vaper...
... and it would be with those settings :) my sweet spot 7W

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
What I did find out this weekend is that a quick soak in pgrga (pure grain rock gut alcohol) was needed with my i06. I tried out a new juice-ick, yuk, nasty,horrid and might I mention that I did not like it at all, not even a ittle bit. The flavor would not leave the i06, it was determined to sit there and make my favorites taste horribly wrong. I had to take a perfectly good working i06 and clean it out. So far, no harm done and we are back up and running nicely with nice tastes!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hey Uke,

I use a Boge 510 blank carto tube, just gut it, I drill 2 X 1mm holes 180% from each other 1/4" up from the bottom, put the i06 in it, put that whole set up , up into my Empire Drip shield then my favorite Trippy tip on the top. This has been working super for months.

If ya want to get a bit tricky, you can run a bead of silver solder around the bottom, then sand it purty to finish if ya want too :) but not necessary, just put a 510-510 sealed adapter on the bottom of the Atty and up into the Empire shield she goes.

No muss, no fuss, just a perfect vape after vape, not a drop comes out either. Atty stays wet and last for what seems to be forEVER ;-)

I've re-read this a couple-few times trying to understand the setup. I'm a new dripper, vaping for months but just started dripping, so please 'scuze my ignorance.

Are you relying on the o-rings in the drip shield (bottom ring on the 510-510 adaptor, top one around the carto sleeve) to hold the assembly 'together' ? Is that the idea?

Also, since the OD of the IO6 is much smaller than the ID of the carto sleeve - when you drip into the assembly doesn't the liquid run down the inside wall of the carto sleeve. I can't get an 'image' of the liquid drops falling to the center of the IO6 inside the sleeve instead of it running down the inside wall of the carto and winding up between the IO6 and the sleeve.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been hooked on 357's for the last few months. Came across some recommendations and had to give one of these guys a try. WOW...I bought one to try and I already ordered 4 more. The one im using now is 1.8 and im running it at 3.4v on the provari. CLOUDS. Like crazy clouds. I am seriously impressed. If it lasts a month ill be happy as a pig in, well, ya know. Thanks Issac!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I've been hooked on 357's for the last few months. Came across some recommendations and had to give one of these guys a try. WOW...I bought one to try and I already ordered 4 more. The one im using now is 1.8 and im running it at 3.4v on the provari. CLOUDS. Like crazy clouds. I am seriously impressed. If it lasts a month ill be happy as a pig in, well, ya know. Thanks Issac!
I betcha ya saved tons of money in the process :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread