IKV's new and improved 306 - the good, the great, and the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Hello folks. So today I received two 1.8 ohm 306 atomizers from our good friend Isaac, who was kind enough to include a free drip tip for me and a message written to enjoy these atomizers - which already had me suspicious of some incredible feat about to take place. I primed one with 7 drops, took two drags, adjusted voltage on Provari and checked ohms (read 1.9-2.0) and threw it on my Reo VV after applying two more drops and setting the voltage to 4.0

First thing I noticed was an incredibly clear and smooth pull or air flow. This pulled me in immediately (pun not intended) and caught my attention with a pleasant surprise. This isn't your average "airy" pull that you might think when I say its a smooth pull. It's hard to describe but the draw on it IMO is perfect. Just the slightest resistance in air flow to create a perfect and relaxing pull, while getting that bit of resistance to let you know your doing something. I love it.

Second thing I noticed was the clearest and most pure taste of my juice I've ever tasted, comparable to the io6 but IMO a bit better overall in experience. Just smooth delicious vapor pouring out of these bad boys, quite heavenly! The pinnacle of a good vape I must say, and I'm not just saying it as you might guess by the urge I felt to write about these fantastic atties.

Thirdly, the vapor at first was quite adequate to warrant a, "well there's definitely enough" thought to myself. As I sit here now and continually pull on it, I think it is now fully broken in as the vapor plumes are HUGE, which is saying a lot with 70% PG juice. I can't even imagine if I was vaping VG lol. The taste also seemed to improve even a slight bit...so overall I have to say I am impressed with the "break in" time, as about 10 pulls in this thing started kicking like a mule.

Other things I'd like to point out which I noticed in design quality;

First off a funny tidbit. Upon receiving an atomizer I always take a pull through the cartridge/cap end to check for draw, if there's any primer (there isn't), etc. Upon going to take a pull I received NO airflow whatsoever. "OH NO", I thought! Defective atty? No airholes punched at the factory? Isaac, WHAT THE HELL? Then to my extreme relief I took a look at the orange cap of the 306 and noticed there was no hole in the middle top cartridge like there often is. Phew...you scared the hell out of me Isaac!

Anyway, enough side tracking..

The bridge has been squished together a bit and pointed upwards a bit more. Allowing for, I'm assuming, the great draw on these things. But also, and here's the best part, the juice WILL go down and not get stuck and build up, like I've seen on other compressed and bulky bridges on other 306s. Plenty of room for the juice to go down. +1 for design quality there Isaac.

My FAVORITE part though, above all else that made me smile upon inspection, is that these things have virtually NO wick that I could see. No fluffy and puffy wick pouring out of these things, which makes me happy because I always hated de-wicking and risking the atomizer's health. I see a hint of a tiny spec of wick running through the coil which is all I believe is required.

The throat hit is more than adequate for me at 10mg nic and an average power level.

So to conclude...my favorite atomizer to date in all regards, with the exception of the unknown variable, longevity. I feel these will last a while just because of the nice design. I can't see them gunking up too much, and there isn't much wick to mess up. I will be treating these with the utmost care and giving them alcohol baths to make them last. Of course I will report back with any issues or new things I like about them, as well as how long I can make this one last and when I think it needs a bath, and how that goes.

The one regret I have is writing this post, because next thing I know everyone will go and buy some and Isaac will be out of stock, and I'll be screwed :D:D Just kidding. Anyway, I highly recommend them for anyone who already enjoys 306 or io6 in general, and while I won't go so far as to promise miracles, I promise they are worth trying.

Happy vaping folks! These new toys caused me a lot of stress relief in what I will be vaping with for the near to distant future. :vapor:
thanks Isaac!

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Nice, keep us posted how they hold up. I've had a lot of things I thought were going to be my favorite on day one wind up disappointing after a few days. I would like to try these though, VV REO and 306 is my favorite set-up.

Thanks, and will do. Been vaping it hard for a few hours now and its still promising a bright future :)

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Ok, so I got the new and improved 1.8 IKV 306 and have had a ton of fun playing with it. First impressions were spot on with what LegioX said "The bridge has been squished together a bit and pointed upwards a bit more. Allowing for, I'm assuming, the great draw on these things. But also, and here's the best part, the juice WILL go down and not get stuck and build up". I also really like this feature. Maybe it's just my imagination, but the bridge looks like the first i06's I purchased, as the last handful of i06's I've used have a slightly thicker bridge that's not as "pointy", and the wick can be seen on them. The wick in this is tiny in comparison. I vape VG heavy juices, and I feel this atty was made for them based on the flavor that comes out and the plumes of vapor that VG should produce. I'm also confident that my juice will not gunk this up as easily as other atty's..which it has yet to do. :)
It consistently meters at 1.9ohms on the Provari. I'm finding that the sweet spot is right at 3.7v. Dripping 3 drops provides about five good hits spaced 3 seconds apart, and then 3 muted ones. Pretty damn good considering each "good" hit gives great flavor and a consistent, smooth draw; a bit smoother and cooler than the i06. The atty does get hotter faster than the i06, but it cools down fast as well. More voltage just adds to the heat factor and I feel does not give as pleasant of a vape in terms of flavor. I did prime it with 6 drops of juice initially and there was definitely some gross primer in those hits. But it went away fast.
I went back to my 10 day old 3.5 i06 w/Siam drip-tip last night and there was a noticeable change. Basically, the i06 hits much tighter, and did not produce as much vapor. I also just felt the need "pull harder" with the i06. Granted, it's 10 days old and has not been cleaned (I dont bother ever cleaning atty's, just keep them wet as I vape). However, the slight gurgling (with 3 drops) and occasional leaking is still present with the i06. I posted in the 'did the i06 change' thread about this. The flavor is still there however, and the i06 seems to keep the juice longer which contributes to more good hits in a row than the 306 gives. Roughly 8-10 with the i06 compared to about 5 with the 306.
The only negative about the 306 for me is the drip-tip I'm using. I'm using the white Delrin cherryvapes' cannon d-tip. I like the idea of the cannon (long barrel, further away from the heat); but I would rather have a steel or small, basic 306 d-tip (like the one's on IKV's site) to use with it. Reason being is that it feels like the flavor is being muted a bit by the Delrin material, which is thick and surrounds the atty as well. The vapor travels through a long barrel of Delrin and picks up some of that "plasticky" flavor. Hard to explain, but maybe someone else has experienced this??
All said, Isaac has another winner on his hands with this 306. I still like the i06, and it's hard to steer away from that as it has been my vaping go-to atty for about almost a year now. Of course, of course, it's been 4 days with this atty. I plan to use it exclusively without cleaning to see how long it will last, but so far, so great. Good day IKV'ers.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Glad you like them ZooKansas. Nice write up.

As for your question about the plastic drip tips transferring a plastic flavor to the vapor....YES! I noticed this and then bought a 306 Stainless Steel drip tip made by Siam Mods, basically the io6 version but made for 306s. Fits perfectly on the 306 and not even close to being too tight to risk getting stuck on. Improved the flavor and vapor production tremendously and I am now perfectly content. I may grab a glass tip as well but other than that...I've found my vaping nirvana, and I am an extremely picky vapor lol.

Mine is still going strong and I'm loving it! Now that I figured out which juice I want to use them with I'll probably open up a fresh one in a couple days and see how long I can run it for.

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
I am done with the new i06 atty's - no more for me.

I just recieved 4 of them this month to replace my previous i06's. Experience so far is, 2.5 ohm atty meters at a 1.7.

Another i06 atty popped in the first 2 minutes of use.

3rd i06 atty has a draw so tight, it is like trying to suck a golf ball through a water hose.

#4 is going into the drawer to gather dust.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

I just recieved 4 of them this month to replace my previous i06's. Experience so far is, 2.5 ohm atty meters at a 1.7.

3rd i06 atty has a draw so tight, it is like trying to suck a golf ball through a water hose.

Ya if they don't work out for you then I wouldn't use them either. But like I've said before just because one person likes a product doesn't mean we all will. Everyone has different vaping styles. I have a new one that I've had forever but beings I can't get the quality vape Fusions give me from any other atty or carto it just sits in the drawer. Good luck in finding what works good for you. :):toast:

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York

Check out the 306 then if the i06s aren't working out. You may enjoy them. Its the closest alternative you can get also.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Check out the 306 then if the i06s aren't working out. You may enjoy them. Its the closest alternative you can get also.

goodpost.gif

That's what I would recommend too. Seems people are liking them a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread