Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Just not at 5.7v+?! :facepalm:

Geez, I was hitting this all day long at 6.0v on the Provari. Guess I oughtta read more better. Will dial it back as soon as the finger comes off the power button.

:vapor:
:laugh: on a 2.5Ω?? Was it burning away the liquid too fast?? A note from the Switchbook, atomizers can be exercised for max voltage if done in increments. ;)

Then a 2.5 is fine then as it gives me great versatility of going high or low on voltage right? buying in bulk for me is around 5pcs lol :vapor:
lol then thats not a problem. Yep, you can alternate currents without a problem.
Isaac, The Order# was30039, 6Dec2011. I didn't pay attention, the the wrappers when I removed the atomizers. And unfortunately, the trash went out yesterday so I can't even try looking for it.

(note: I did send you a msg about this through your website contact form. I was looking for your feedback on this before ordering more. Thanks for getting back to me 'here'.)
Hey Mike,
I found you and also the email. There were keywords in just the right sequence to send your email to my "Orders" subfolder, which I found a few more emails :facepalm: Going to have to find a new way to prevent this if anything the folder will be closely monitored. It Definitely sounds like you have a 1.8 there. I'm glad that they're a big hit in the household! Would you like me to credit your account or send you another 2.5Ω?

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Yes sir there are. The Provari's setup is using boosting. Meaning it's exercising a 3.7V battery. When you apply an LR (pretty much anything under 2.5 on the PV's setup. Your stressing the hardware to act. This can trip the safety switch by automatically shutting down the unit and displaying an Error code "E". For mine, this happened with anything under 2.5. If and when it did allow it, the battery run time was significantly reduced because anything with low resistance does demand a good amount of power. Typically where you want to be at is 2.5Ω and above. You should never buy bulk till you know what your getting into. Not just for the io6, for anything :laugh: 2.5 is the most versatile resistance to grant you the option of shooting different voltages at it. Just not 5.7V+
Ah... nothing above 5.7v on the 2.5ohm... don't yell at me :( I sometimes push the 2.5 at 6v as well. But... you know I'm a special one...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
:
Hey Mike,
I found you and also the email. There were keywords in just the right sequence to send your email to my "Orders" subfolder, which I found a few more emails :facepalm: Going to have to find a new way to prevent this if anything the folder will be closely monitored. It Definitely sounds like you have a 1.8 there. I'm glad that they're a big hit in the household! Would you like me to credit your account or send you another 2.5Ω?

Thanks! I'll be placing another order for more tonight or tomorrow, you can just include a replacement 2.5'er with the next order.

Now that I've tried them - I can't have just 1 (or even) 2 in the house:vapor: plus my wife wants her own.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
ok folks, any suggestions on what atty or carto 510/901 (cylinders) to use for sleeves?

We need a good "recipe" so we can use our own d/t...

even after theecig.com i06 d/t pyrex comes out, i'll need one for the VVPV auto top feed.
on the beta he uses a regular plastic top cap that comes with the atty, drilled a hole in it for the fluid tube.

i hear the i06 barrel is even narrower than the 510 atty cylinder, but that will have to be dealt with too...

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
:laugh: on a 2.5Ω?? Was it burning away the liquid too fast?? A note from the Switchbook, atomizers can be exercised for max voltage if done in increments. ;)/QUOTE]

Lots of juice is right LOL Dialed it back to 5.5 then & the battery is lasting longer too. Bet I go to bed before 3 a.m. tonight. Still hits great. :D

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
ok folks, any suggestions on what atty or carto 510/901 (cylinders) to use for sleeves?

We need a good "recipe" so we can use our own d/t...

even after theecig.com i06 d/t pyrex comes out, i'll need one for the VVPV auto top feed.
on the beta he uses a regular plastic top cap that comes with the atty, drilled a hole in it for the fluid tube.

i hear the i06 barrel is even narrower than the 510 atty cylinder, but that will have to be dealt with too...

Hey Uke,

I use a Boge 510 blank carto tube, just gut it, I drill 2 X 1mm holes 180% from each other 1/4" up from the bottom, put the i06 in it, put that whole set up , up into my Empire Drip shield then my favorite Trippy tip on the top. This has been working super for months.

If ya want to get a bit tricky, you can run a bead of silver solder around the bottom, then sand it purty to finish if ya want too :) but not necessary, just put a 510-510 sealed adapter on the bottom of the Atty and up into the Empire shield she goes.

No muss, no fuss, just a perfect vape after vape, not a drop comes out either. Atty stays wet and last for what seems to be forEVER ;-)

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
So far 2 of 5 have read out 1.8 on my Darwin, the plastic says 2.5 witch is what I ordered. I think some have probably been mislabeled, no big deal, just a heads up. I"ll report the other 3 I orderd when I get to them.
On a Darwin it shouldn't really matter, just dial in your preferred watts :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Run a 3/16" drill bit through it = problem solved. Place the DT in the drill (mini lathe) and drill with a drill bit held by pliers or vice grips, slowly. :)
Good idea Switcher. I'm going to try that. The other way I break too many things when the bit grabs and pulls it'self down. Guess I could get a drill press.

skye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Texas
So ummm I guess no one is gonna answer me on this?
I use to think people on ECF were helpful and full of goodness.
Now I'm not so sure. Pfffffffffffft

Merry Christmas anyway................................................................

I bought 2 of the DT's ( red and black) when I bought the i06's. The black tip is very tight, but I'm getting used to it an no problems at all. The red tip slides down, and comes off very easily.

I do have a question....how should I clean the i06? With hot water, vodka, or something else?

Thanks in advance :)

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com

Merry Christmas anyway................................................................

Sorry, your post must have been overlooked. I for one, do not clean my atomizers. If however they are getting to the end of their lives-not performing well, I will swish them in pure grain alcohol and give them a few quick shakes and let them dry. Not sure what others do with theirs.
Hope you have a nice Christmas as well as everyone else!

acv987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Cleveland, ohio
The IO6 is Terrible!..................... FOR BUSINESS! These things last so long its ridiculous. Kind of like that gum commercial. I have had more than 5 IO6s last me a month or longer. Isaac should really just sell inferior products the increase his bottom line like everyone else does. I mean if an atty can last this long why dont the rest of them from other vendors hmmmmm.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

You don't clean them. Cleaning is nothing more than a propagated myth that prematurely kills attys. Pffffft

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
You don't clean them. Cleaning is nothing more than a propagated myth that prematurely kills attys. Pffffft
Here Here... or is it Hear Hear? I agree; cleaning them perpetuates less than optimal euphoric vaping... throw on a spanking new atty and see what you're missing.

fwiw, In my experience so far It seems the i06 is best after a day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread