Is the tiny locking pin in the switch of the Nemesis clone being too short going to be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus287

Nov 16, 2013
Wilmington, NC, USA
I've had a brass Nemesis clone from fasttech for a while, and I couldn't find a single flaw with it. I just recently got an hcigar stainless steel Nemesis clone from vaperoyalty. The whole thing was pretty f'd up. I've pretty much fixed everything, but the little locking pin in the switch that keeps the silver plated bottom contact from turning is too short and won't come into contact with the pin. It's about 1mm too short. When the switch isn't depressed, the magnets push it up to the pin, so it contacts somewhat then. But when I press the switch in, the top of the locking pin slides about 1mm below the contact. Am I going to have an issue with the switch coming apart?

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
As far as I know the pin is only there to stop the button from spinning freely when screwing in the switch assembly. The button stays together with the negative terminal simply screwing snug into the button, in other words I don't think the pin is supposed to do anything with the negative terminal, so if it's short it won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread