Ithaka Clone/Fogger v2/ Russian 91%, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
they are all out of stock right now, but theyll be back in stock soon- vaporciggz and freecigs both have a notify me button for the fogger v2. vapor toy has it too but no notify me button.

technonut- thanks for the tip on the hcigar kayfun lite clone.

Looks like "Together Best Cooperation" (ToBeCo) is getting in on the fun:

Tobeco Kayfun Lite 3.1,Russian 91% Diy Atomizer,Mesh And Fiber Ready - Buy Russian 91% Diy Atomizer,Russian 91% Diy Atomizer,Cartomizer And Nimbus Atomizer Ohm Meter Product on Alibaba.com

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
The Tobeco looks pretty decent.

The "Rocket"... a Russian 91%/Kayfun clone made by Shenzhen Vapeur, at Smoke Evolution. They make an all "silver" one as well (plated copper and aluminum)... but apparently only blue and magenta from SE.

Too bad both colors are ... well ... less than ideal for me. ;-)

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
i emailed them to verify that they have the v2. the description leans toward v1, but the pics are of v2.

I emailed the manager Sunday and confirmed it was a V2. She also stated they will be getting in replacement tanks soon. I ordered it Sunday and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking at the site now they have changed the description to state v2 and looks like they still have some in stock.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
I emailed the manager Sunday and confirmed it was a V2. She also stated they will be getting in replacement tanks soon. I ordered it Sunday and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking at the site now they have changed the description to state v2 and looks like they still have some in stock.

Hey guys, would love your opinion. I have both an Ithaka and Oddy clones, and I built myself a zapper for making my own ready wires. So owning these two, do you think this Fogger could potentially beat either of these two in flavor? Just wondering if I should add it to the "family"

Thanks!!!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Hey guys, would love your opinion. I have both an Ithaka and Oddy clones, and I built myself a zapper for making my own ready wires. So owning these two, do you think this Fogger could potentially beat either of these two in flavor? Just wondering if I should add it to the "family"

Thanks!!!

wow, way to go scope! how'd you make the zapper?
also, who makes your ithaka and oddy clone...which do you prefer?
i want a bottom coil rba tank but i cant decide which one. i want the fogger because of the price and glass tank but i dont want to get shafted if the design isnt proper i.e. too much fiddling to get it to work the way it should.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
wow, way to go scope! how'd you make the zapper?
also, who makes your ithaka and oddy clone...which do you prefer?
i want a bottom coil rba tank but i cant decide which one. i want the fogger because of the price and glass tank but i dont want to get shafted if the design isnt proper i.e. too much fiddling to get it to work the way it should.

I built the zapper pretty much following this (I have an extra cap in mine) Small Welder for joining Nichrome and Nickel Wires

My Ithaka clone is the Hercules by Rainbow Heaven, and the Oddy is a Tobeco, which I got from Fasttech.

They're both great flavor-wise, but I prefer the Ithaka because it's easier to fill. My Oddy clone has a one piece cap, that's supposed to be two pieces, which makes filling it a royal PITA.

518Awbo.jpg

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
You didn't catch the co-op did ya'? The silver one was available. I suspect there will be a second round.

Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on that. I'm torn between the Taifun and Kayfun designs ... Taifun seems almost too Protankish to me, but maybe that makes it great? (I've never tried either in person)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on that. I'm torn between the Taifun and Kayfun designs ... Taifun seems almost too Protankish to me, but maybe that makes it great? (I've never tried either in person)
For the "under $20" a pop these "Russian Rockets" cost us... you don't have to be overly "torn". :)

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I built the zapper pretty much following this (I have an extra cap in mine) Small Welder for joining Nichrome and Nickel Wires

My Ithaka clone is the Hercules by Rainbow Heaven, and the Oddy is a Tobeco, which I got from Fasttech.

They're both great flavor-wise, but I prefer the Ithaka because it's easier to fill. My Oddy clone has a one piece cap, that's supposed to be two pieces, which makes filling it a royal PITA.

518Awbo.jpg

i believe your oddy clone is a DEKANT, that's why it has a one piece top cap. the Tobeco has a two piece and can be found at chinabuye for 16.59

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
i believe your oddy clone is a DEKANT, that's why it has a one piece top cap. the Tobeco has a two piece and can be found at chinabuye for 16.59

Ah, interesting to know. I got it at Fasttech, they are known to switch vendors mid-stream sometimes. I just fill it from the bottom, works ok that way, but definitely doesn't hold nearly as much juice as the Herc.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Ah, interesting to know. I got it at Fasttech, they are known to switch vendors mid-stream sometimes. I just fill it from the bottom, works ok that way, but definitely doesn't hold nearly as much juice as the Herc.

yes, fasttech used to have the 2 piece cap design. or so i read.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
yes, fasttech used to have the 2 piece cap design. or so i read.

Yeah, lots of conflicting reports in the Discussions section ... probably would NOT have ordered if I knew they did the one piece cap. The whole point of that smaller top cap is to be able to seal it up without building up a lot of air pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread