Russian 91% Ordered - Very excited - A few ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
I know it's not the original Kebo (or whatever brand) but I didn't quite have enough to get it, so I ordered this one:

Kayfun 3 1 High Quality RBA Atomizer Tank Russian 91 Clone | eBay

Anyone know who the manufacturer might be? The seller stated it was a very good clone...Hope I didn't make a mistake, but I am still excited as this will be my first rebuild able - My cousin ordered 200ft of wire and 15ft of wick material so we will have plenty to make mistakes with lol.

If anyone knows about the item above (brand, quality, etc) please let me know - I searched but couldn't really find anything on all the different makers / manufacturers of the Russian 91%...I know the Kebo (UCT) one is supposedly the original but are Tobeco, hcigar, etc. making the Russian 91% and if so which ones are best.

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Yep. The real KFL+ has the air adjustment screw on the bottom. Many of its clones, including so called R91 clones, have this screw on the side (and in the wrong space for the R91's). So, if yours doesn't have an air adjustment screw, then its a Kayfun Lite clone with a matte-ish finish (like the finish on the Russian and the Russian 91%). You cant see the bottom of the atty in the ebay photos, so I assumed it was a lite+, because they are the majority of the non-3.1 clones out there.

Last edited:

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
It has the empty needle bottle and decent packaging, which I BELIEVE screams EHPro.

Honestly, there are so many clones of so many versions from so many companies (not just the "Big 3") in so many different tooling runs, it could make your head spin. You've gotta just take the clones piece by piece, in my experience.

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
Guess I will see once I get it who the maker is...I try not to get too caught up in who actually made it because I know there are good clones out there - Just don't want my first RBA experience to bad because of bad products.

I am seeing if the seller of the Kebo will overnight the genuine one as I am so anxious :) The other is on it's way, I will post a review of both when they arrive to help others out...But if the Lite doesn't have adjustable airflow I am not sure if I will like it, I am running an AeroTank right now and love how I can open it all the way for a nice mouth hit or close it a little for a solid lung hit.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
You may have to fiddle a bit with the device once you have it in hand, but most of the "clones of clones" do work just fine. The pics seemed to be taken so you could not really see where the fill screw is and they left the bottom extension ring on to make it look like the Russian (at least to me). Also, the middle metal extension ring that goes in place of the plastic one looked like it had a different finish. Maybe it was the lighting.
I would not worry too much though. If you really are unhappy, it looks like you can return your purchase within 14 days only costing you postage. It is a pain, but at least you can do something if you need to.
As an aside -- I've been burned too many times on eBay and now pay very close attention to the seller ratings and %. I never by from anyone less than 99% and always read the negatives to get a feel for how they resolve problems--FWIW.

Last edited:

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I would never order an original - non clone item from ebay.

Ever.

The chance of you getting a very good clone instead are extremely high regardless of what they say in the ad. I know people, and I know ebay. They are always looking for that sucker. I see troll ads on there all the time of clones listed for the price of the originals and suspicious wording.

The kayfun and Russian atomizer is probably THE most cloned atomizer of any - ever. And if you don't know the difference between a KFL + and a 91%. I would not trust myself to buy a real one from China-bay.

Recipe for a crappy day and money lost IMO.

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
Well, if they screw me that's what PayPal buyer protection is for :) Not really worried about it...Overall he has a fairly good rating, I know there some negatives but one thing you have to realize is that ALOT of people are idiots, plain and simple - My ebay account has over an 800 all positive, but we got a negative one time because some guy got ...... off because he didn't read the listing clearly. I would say at least half of those are just people being butts.

Anyway, And I do think I know the difference between a 91% and a KFL+, I just didn't pay enough attention to the pictures and was focused on the wording in the title after a very long night of cruising the internet and looking a million different sites and listings.

Hey, he says it's Authentic - the pictures show it as Authentic - he has sold like 20 in the past few days so we will see, and if it's not I will return it, get my $$$ back and order another - I've got time....Well a little, these AeroTank wicks are only lasting a few days each ughhhhhh.

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
Yea If I were you I'd find one from a vendor, quite a few have them in stock for 90$ which is what I payed for mine with free shipping I might add. Best atty I own and no searching high and low for Legit Kayfuns lol. Honestly If I were you I'd just keep the clone you already ordered and get a KEBO R91 as well. Chances are once you try that style you'll want a second. My russian 91% stays at home on my roller and I rotate through 4 other Kayfun clones on my nemesis clone when I'm at school/work or anywhere where I dont feel comfortable walking around with a 300$ setup.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
The one currently on eBay does look legit and it also looks like they are throwing in extra insulators now. Think I mentioned mine came from a local B&M and did not have spare insulators.
I'm so cautious with eBay because they really seem to protect shady high volume sellers. Got caught up in a triangulation scheme (think that is the right phrase) and it was a 2 month long mess that ended up costing me even though I was the victim. It's just a caveat and by no means saying not to deal on eBay. Just have both eyes open......lol.

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
Yeah, overall I have had good luck with Ebay - I think "most" sellers are honest, a small portion are not - Looks legit, sounds legit and they upgraded my shipping as requested, got it out the same day unlike some people who had ordered from them and said shipping was slow and no communication.

I think the clone will be here tomorrow, as well as the wire and wick material my cousin ordered, his 3.1 hcigar clone and we are heading to the local B&M to spend a few dollars on who knows what lol. Then we are coming back and experiment with some coil building. Sounds like a vape-tastic weekend :)))

Also ordered a sample pack from fuzion vapors and it sounds tasty!!

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
The cloning is truly amazing.....with high accuracy measuring equipment and CNC lathes/mills (probably something better than that out there as well) eye popping devices can be made. It seems to be the little stuff where you can tell the difference between the clone and original. Saw a pic the other day of a clone of a Russian and the lettering was close, but no cigar. You really do have to get down to the minutiae to find the differences. And then you start with the original vs clone vs clone of a clone discussion... don't want to go there..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread