Kanger Mini Protank 2 - for eGo batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say the Mini Protank 2 on my ego twist was the best step in a right direction for me when I came back after buying cigs at work...BLAH..I have loved this set up and it has became my everyday set up. I was using T3's and T2's, which I enjoyed but at the same time had alot of the issues everyone else had... The mini protank 2 just seems to hit everything I need right on the head. I personally couldnt be happier with this set up and it really does keep me away from the rest of the pack of cigs i bought.. Its funny how the right set up for you can just totally change your world and just make you the happiest person.

Statements like these are exactly what made me order a mini for my twist... now if the vapemail would just arrive!

Night Owl

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Fort Lauderdale FL
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier business discussions are not allowed on ECF

Rodnaz

Aug 20, 2012
Phoenix Az
Good idea on the shrink tubing. Not to side rail the thread but it is about mini parts. Who sells the tube from top to bottom? It appears the upper piece & center tube are one part. I had one break for no reason - I've never broken the glass or base on a mini or full size pro tank. Anyone else have one break? I may have to buy a unit but they say all parts are replaceable.

JohnQPublic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
United States

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
IMG-20131113-WA0027.jpg

My handy mandy

bogmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Glad to hear folks are having luck with their mini pro v2 on an ego battery. Wish I could say the same.
My batteries from my ego kit only throw 3.3v, from what I understand, but the coils that came with the kanger seem to have too much resistance for this battery. All I seem to get a lot of is air and whistling; little vapour or flavour. :oops:
What version of the replacement coils did you get? 1.5, 1.8, ...?

Wondering if I need to get new batteries, but these seem to work fine on my other tanks

Sorry for bringing an old thread back from the dead but I picked up one of these today and my ego-T battery isn't working. Just gives me three blinks every time I push the button. The ProTank 2 is a legit Kangertech product and has 2.2ohm coils. My battery is a knock off, runs a solid 4v for most of a charge. It does have the proper button lock-out feature and i've confirmed it to work just fine with my EVOD which is a 2.5ohm coil.

I just re-did the battery's seal around the center pin because I had read that they tend to wear out and lose contact. That didn't help.

I do have a brand new ego-C Twist variable 1100 battery coming this week that is not a knock-off so I hope that works if this battery i have wants to keep being a pain in the ....

Captainlk

Sep 1, 2013
Iowa
Are there supposed to be o-rings at the top and bottom of the protank 2 mini glass tube? I thought there was when I first purchased it some time ago. But I put them away for awhile because I got frustrated with the airy draw. Now I started using them again and I see there are no rings and my tanks leak if I lay them down. Are there supposed to be o-rings, and where can I purchase them? I can't find a decent diagram anywhere showing how this is supposed to look and function.

yenmenthol

Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Sorry for bringing an old thread back from the dead but I picked up one of these today and my ego-T battery isn't working. Just gives me three blinks every time I push the button. The ProTank 2 is a legit Kangertech product and has 2.2ohm coils. My battery is a knock off, runs a solid 4v for most of a charge. It does have the proper button lock-out feature and i've confirmed it to work just fine with my EVOD which is a 2.5ohm coil.

I just re-did the battery's seal around the center pin because I had read that they tend to wear out and lose contact. That didn't help.

I do have a brand new ego-C Twist variable 1100 battery coming this week that is not a knock-off so I hope that works if this battery i have wants to keep being a pain in the ....

Try pressing the battery 5 times rapidly, it might have a safety on/off switch.

yenmenthol

Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Are there supposed to be o-rings at the top and bottom of the protank 2 mini glass tube? I thought there was when I first purchased it some time ago. But I put them away for awhile because I got frustrated with the airy draw. Now I started using them again and I see there are no rings and my tanks leak if I lay them down. Are there supposed to be o-rings, and where can I purchase them? I can't find a decent diagram anywhere showing how this is supposed to look and function.

you can buy them off ebay:
KANGER PROTANK mini 2 o rings | eBay

blirt9701

Jun 13, 2014
TX
I like the PtM2, but I think I have a coil issue. I always use kanger coils, but have an issue with frequent pulls that have a bit of a burnt taste (is that a dry hit)?
I am relatively new to all this (4 months into vaping), does anyone else have issues like this with the kanger coils? I have even been toying with the thought of learning to rewick with raw cotton or wicking. I just have a feeling that it's not the tank so much as it is the coils.

2whit7

Last edited:

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I did use a mini protank 2 and it's a great bit of kit. IME a big design flaw is when you unscrew the bottom to fill, the top also loosens; it takes some dexterity, and could see it being a problem for people with bad eyesight. In the end, I took the plunge and upgraded all my Evods to the new Evod 2 tanks, and a protank 3 for my vamo. They seem to get through juice more quickly but the flavour is definately fuller.

faile

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Indiana
I did use a mini protank 2 and it's a great bit of kit. IME a big design flaw is when you unscrew the bottom to fill, the top also loosens; it takes some dexterity, and could see it being a problem for people with bad eyesight. In the end, I took the plunge and upgraded all my Evods to the new Evod 2 tanks, and a protank 3 for my vamo. They seem to get through juice more quickly but the flavour is definately fuller.

You are not kidding about the top loosening!! That was a bit of a nasty surprise the first time it happened-- thought I broke my tank and got juice all over the place! ;) (My other tank, Kanger T3S doesn't seem to come all the way apart so I didn't realize the mini could...) Now that I'm aware of it as a possibility though, it's easy to avoid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread