KangerTech Mini Pro Tank II 2 vs. Mini Pro Tank 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I love my mini protank ii 2, iClear 30BCD is good for tank size & seems to taste good. I get more vapor on both tanks than I need, paired w/ 1 KangerTech VV Evod and iTaste VV 3.

Love my mini protank ii 2 so much I'm wonder should I get another one, I know it is a single coil but I love the flavor it produces. Now the price of the mini pro tank 3 BDC is the same as the 2 - I need other users of these tanks. I' m currently @ .3 Nicotine - and going to 0 nicotine So Flavor is the Main Tank Feature I care about. I'm not into the Vapor Smog or Fog hype. As far as I'm concerned the e-cig technology is sophisticated enough that the vape on an average tank is good enough for me unless it enhances flavor I don't care about it. lol

How many tanks do you keep around. I'd like to have one for each of my favorite flavors. lol but I can't afford that.... What is the advantage of the dual coil on mini pro tank 3? Does it use the same battery power as the mini 2?

What is your favorite DIY Tobacco flavor?

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Really seanndenise, I've read mixed posts from user complaining of leaks and too tiny to rebuild the coil heads which is why I held off on it and went w/ iClear 30bdc. I have the habit of waiting for new technology to simmer before I taste it. Prices go down too with the new years newest and hottest. I'm new too and started out with my beautiful V2 cigalikes that feel so dainty when I use them now. mhho the VV battery feature was a must have to keep all these low ohm rated clearomizers from burning.

Like I said I love the mini pro tank II 2 only draw back is the coil head is not listed rebuildable, neither is the mini 3. Getting the replacement coil heads is confusing b/c everything is hyped as dual coils??? I too prefer 2.2 or 2.5 ohm resistant. Don't know which tastes worst burnt ejuice or that metal taste in my mouth from those steal drip tips feels like when I used to visit the dentist. lol

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Fstop and welcome.

I have tried many Kanger clearos--and I like and use them all. I do not rebuild, but they are rebuildable, with a bit of practice. If you want to rebuild your single Kanger coils, there are many great tutorials on YouTube--just search for Kanger coil rebuilds. The duals are harder to rebuild, for obvious reasons, but some people have figured out how to it, also.

If you like single coils, enjoy your ProTanks 2 (regular and mini). i also like the eVod and T3S clearos. Simple to use, coils are a snap to clean. If you want to improve airflow on your single-coil clearos, get some Aerotank bases--they work just fine with single coils.

Kanger Upgraded Stainless Steel Original Aerotank Base. Compatible with Protank I, II, 3, Aerotank.

KangerTech Mini Aerotank Base - Sun-Vapers.com Compatible with mini Protank 1, 2, 3, and mini Aerotank.

If you want to try dual coils, I highly recommend you get an Aerotank--regular or mini, with the new airflow control base. They are wonderful--they produce more vapor at lower wattages and I'm a big fan.

Good luck!

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
I have both and don't notice any difference in the vape between them. The MPT3 does use more power. I've been rebuilding MPT2 coils for awhile. Once I started I figured if I'm building coils, why not just get a Kayfun. I got a couple KFL+ V2's and the flavor is much better than a MPT. Still use the MPT's from time to time but normally it's the Kayfuns.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Really seanndenise, I've read mixed posts from user complaining of leaks and too tiny to rebuild the coil heads which is why I held off on it and went w/ iClear 30bdc. I have the habit of waiting for new technology to simmer before I taste it. Prices go down too with the new years newest and hottest. I'm new too and started out with my beautiful V2 cigalikes that feel so dainty when I use them now. mhho the VV battery feature was a must have to keep all these low ohm rated clearomizers from burning.

Like I said I love the mini pro tank II 2 only draw back is the coil head is not listed rebuildable, neither is the mini 3. Getting the replacement coil heads is confusing b/c everything is hyped as dual coils??? I too prefer 2.2 or 2.5 ohm resistant. Don't know which tastes worst burnt ejuice or that metal taste in my mouth from those steal drip tips feels like when I used to visit the dentist. lol

Lots of people rebuild the protank single coils; and some rebuild the dual coils as single coils;
the coil heads are not proper rebuildables; they have a difficult rubber/silicone grommet which will eventually wear out from repeated rebuilding

i've got an mpt2, an mpt3 with standard dual coil, and an mpt3 in which i rebuilt the coil as a single coil at 1.5 ohms. i love them all. i widened one of the airflow holes in the pt2 to about 1/16", and it rocks.

the price on fasttech for authentic pro-tanks is incredibly low. it's not at all expensive to experiment with them.

i'd also recommend the anyvape mini davide, for a great bottom coil ego tank.

-z!!!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I have both and prefer the flavor of the mini PT2. The PT3 feels airier to me so I get better vapor but less flavor. If you are willing to leave Kanger coils, the Aspire BVC coils are delivering the best flavor I have had, even at low wattages. You can try an Aspire K-1, which uses BVC coils, is about the same size & price of the mini PTs and is also glass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I really like my MiniP3 but its juice capacity is not much to talk about. I have started using MTS3 on my Ego type batteries as it hold almost 3mil of jucie. And They are inexpensive I just ordered 2 for $5 each

I have 11 miniprotanks, but I don't use the top tank part, just the bases, and I use protank top on them.
On the coil head I use 2 silicone caps (1 inverted) instead of 1, to seal the space.
So I get the mechanical, electrical, and airflow advantages of the eGo base of the miniprotank, as well as the capacity of the protank.

yeah well i have no plans on rebuilding them, those things are dinky and these big old fingers arent built for micro surgery LOL.

I too read about others having problems with them but mine doesnt leak and seems well built, time will tell i suppose after its been opened and closed 50 times.

To tell you the truth this isnt about money to me, im really wanting to kick the smoking habit and will pay triple the cost of real smokes to do it if i have too, i just want to enjoy it and not feel like a cigarette would be more tasty or satisfying.

Im sure i wont be the last guy with 10 tanks sitting in a box that just didnt trip my trigger.

good luck :)

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I have both and prefer the flavor of the mini PT2. The PT3 feels airier to me so I get better vapor but less flavor. If you are willing to leave Kanger coils, the Aspire BVC coils are delivering the best flavor I have had, even at low wattages. You can try an Aspire K-1, which uses BVC coils, is about the same size & price of the mini PTs and is also glass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks pokemom, ordered 1 from 101Vape to give it a spin. I really need the taste on my tobacco juice to pop b/c I use 0 Nicotine e Liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread