Kayfun Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I have recently been turned on to the idea of getting a kayfun. This will be my first major rba purchase and is more money than I have spent on one specific mod to date. I'm a kanger guy at this point.
My question is should I get a clone? If so, which one? Should I just say screw it and get the real deal?
I'll be using it on my eVic which I also just got about a week ago.
All opinions are welcome! I need a local vapecon so I can see all this in person but West Virginia is way behind the times when it comes to vaping.
Thanks all.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I have both a HCigar Kayfun 3.1 and Russian 91%, they both hit good and produce tons of vapor/flavor (depending on my e-juice). Both are well built...I give the edge to Russian 91% (Kayfun lite) because of ease of refills and feel to it. In another thread, I griped about screws on the HCigar..I don't feel it uses stainless steel screws and I bought it from reputable online vendor...it's probably the manufacture. I just have to spend maybe less than 3.00 on screws etc to replace them.

If money is an issue, go with Ehpro clone like Spooky suggested. I don't think it's noticeable difference in performance...esp if you can get Kayfun lite..makes filling up the tank a lot easier.

BTW...I ordered a authentic Kayfun lite plus revision 2.0...so I'll see how that goes.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Ninjo:12345063 said:
If money isn't an issue get the real deal. QA/QC is huge man. I always think the clones are the bad ones that get tossed out by Quality Control. The Kayfun is beautiful man, brag about having the real deal, not a clone ya dig?

I hear ya there ninjo. Its also very hard to find a negative review about the original. She's a bad beast from what I can tell.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If your looking for Bragging rights definitely get the Original.
If your looking for something that will Match Vape capability - Almost all clones and even the $13.00 Rocket will match it.
I'll let people know about the latest:) $14.00 Kayfun Lite clone in about 2 weeks.

Kayfun Lite Plus Black Edition - about 1200 Sold on Ebay
Excellent unit - Added Features over the original - $49.99

Last edited:

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
No one is going to care whether you have a real Kayfun or a clone Kayfun. OK, maybe some fan boys here, but no one in the real world anyway.

If you budget is in the clone market, go for that...they'll be fine...maybe do try to find an HCigar or EHPro, both are good. If you can swing the money for a real one...get a clone anyway, see if you like it and save some money at the same time. If you like it and still have most of your money, you can get a real one if you are all about that. Do read up on the Russian 91%, Kayfun Lite+ and Kayfun 3.1 differences...each have their strengths, weaknesses and quirks...but most of us agree that all of them are pretty solid.

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
After receiving my Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 clone today and experimenting with it all afternoon........................I like it, BUT.....................all my other devices are mechanical mods and I was expecting it to have a little more airflow. Even after removing the air screw completely, it doesn't. It's a completely different vape than having 1/8 dual air holes on a .5 ohm mechanical mod. With that said, I love it. Once I figured out that it performs better at 2 ohms vs. subohm (for me anyway) I got used to it. I was getting intermittent dry hits when I was going too low with my resistance. I'm at 2 ohms with a cotton wick and performs perfectly. No leaks, no issues. One thing you have to be careful of though is that if you leave one of the kanthal tails too long and don't cut it off flush you could short it to the chimney sidewall, which is what I did. :toast:

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
I have 2 Tobeco clones, they both work great and I use them both all day, everyday. The only thing at all with clones is sometimes the screws that hold the wire down aren't the best quality. I can't speak for other clones, but the tobeco units come with lots of spare parts in case you ever strip a screw out.
One of my units used to whistle on the draw, but I rounded the corners of the air intake with a dremel to make it stop (the whistle wasn't a show stopper for me, I just wanted to see if rounding the corners would work and it did)

Moving from pro-tank units to Kayfun unit just makes since because the concept of operation is basically the exact same (I mentioned that in your other thread ;)

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Catuela:12346199 said:
I have 2 Tobeco clones, they both work great and I use them both all day, everyday. The only thing at all with clones is sometimes the screws that hold the wire down aren't the best quality. I can't speak for other clones, but the tobeco units come with lots of spare parts in case you ever strip a screw out.
One of my units used to whistle on the draw, but I rounded the corners of the air intake with a dremel to make it stop (the whistle wasn't a show stopper for me, I just wanted to see if rounding the corners would work and it did)

Moving from pro-tank units to Kayfun unit just makes since because the concept of operation is basically the exact same (I mentioned that in your other thread ;)
That's why I am locked into the kayfun lol. Thanks!

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
After receiving my Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 clone today and experimenting with it all afternoon........................I like it, BUT.....................all my other devices are mechanical mods and I was expecting it to have a little more airflow. Even after removing the air screw completely, it doesn't. It's a completely different vape than having 1/8 dual air holes on a .5 ohm mechanical mod. With that said, I love it. Once I figured out that it performs better at 2 ohms vs. subohm (for me anyway) I got used to it. I was getting intermittent dry hits when I was going too low with my resistance. I'm at 2 ohms with a cotton wick and performs perfectly. No leaks, no issues. One thing you have to be careful of though is that if you leave one of the kanthal tails too long and don't cut it off flush you could short it to the chimney sidewall, which is what I did. :toast:

2ohm on a mech? Jeez that must suck. I can honestly say I have never had issues with dry hits or leaking at sub ohms. Are you sure you have enough cotton, but not too much that you are blocking the juice intakes? Are you doing micro coils?

I have 2 KFL clones and a KFL+ and the real deal is a little better vape experience. I think its because it has a taller chimney and maybe because the chamber steel is thicker. That said my clones still produce an amazing vape experience.

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
2ohm on a mech? Jeez that must suck. I can honestly say I have never had issues with dry hits or leaking at sub ohms. Are you sure you have enough cotton, but not too much that you are blocking the juice intakes? Are you doing micro coils?

I have 2 KFL clones and a KFL+ and the real deal is a little better vape experience. I think its because it has a taller chimney and maybe because the chamber steel is thicker. That said my clones still produce an amazing vape experience.

lol yeah. Even at 1 ohm I couldn't get it right. I had enough cotton through a 2mm coil 6 wraps 28 kanthal, not blocking the channels. I had the screw removed, then tried it half way. Couldn't get a consistent vape with trying hard, average, or light pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread