Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
If money isn't an issue get the real deal. QA/QC is huge man. I always think the clones are the bad ones that get tossed out by Quality Control. The Kayfun is beautiful man, brag about having the real deal, not a clone ya dig?

I don't dig. The clones perform just as well as the "real deal", and are built just as well, too. You can hardly tell the difference if you were to compare them side by side. In fact, you would have to know what to specifically look for, in order to tell them apart (extremely minor differences).

While it is true that sometimes the clones are cheap imitations, it is certainly NOT the case with the kayfun clones.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
I don't dig. The clones perform just as well as the "real deal", and are built just as well, too. You can hardly tell the difference if you were to compare them side by side. In fact, you would have to know what to specifically look for, in order to tell them apart (extremely minor differences).

While it is true that sometimes the clones are cheap imitations, it is certainly NOT the case with the kayfun clones.

Absolutely agreed. My three, all from FastTech, are wonderful, smooth, high quality little guys. I have slight preferences for the 3.1 and the Russian 91, but that's just me. They are also perfect for use on the MVP2 - you don't need to go mech or sub-ohm. They perform well on VV/VW stuff.

scylla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Illinois
Only problem I have encountered is the juice strength you are used to must be toned down. I have always used 24 MG and found that to be way too strong. I cut it in half to 12 MG and it is much better.
I also use a separate dripper attie to taste my new juices before I commit 3 ml or so to the KFL+ tank. Waste not want not.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
I also use a separate dripper attie to taste my new juices before I commit 3 ml or so to the KFL+ tank. Waste not want not.

I have dripped using one section less no chimney and removing gasket by drip tip with my kfl+. Now I just put in a ml of new juice with the tank fully assembled if its good I fill it up.

YuckMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Minnesota
I have a genuine KFL+, R91, and an EHpro clone. The one I like the least is, oddly enough, the one everyone seems to say is the best clone. I don't have the Hcigar and the Tobeco versions, but I'm happy to compare the ones I do have.

R91
I had problems with my R91 out of the box. I had to replace the insulators in it to get it working without shorting out. The upper and lower chimney seem more like nickel plated brass than stainless steel, in fact I'm pretty sure it is. Not worth the price imo. I'd stay away from this one unless the adjustable center pin is a necessity for you.

EHpro
The EHpro is very nice. The machining quality ranks right up there with the genuine. The draw is the tightest of the three. It's not so tight that I feel I need to drill it out, but I did completely remove the adjustment screw. It is 100% stainless steel, but it seems to be a slightly lower grade than the genuine. Not a big deal. No complaints with this one, just some comparisons.

Genuine KFL+
It's the real deal. Nuff said.

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
I'm currently having problems with my Hcigar Kayfun clone. I put a twisted 28 kanthal nano coil (1mm) with cotton so it slides easily through, reads .7 ohms. I'm getting flavor but a consistent slightly burnt taste no matter the screw position or trying light or hard pulls. Any ideas?

Seems like the wicking can't keep up.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
I'm currently having problems with my Hcigar Kayfun clone. I put a twisted 28 kanthal nano coil (1mm) with cotton so it slides easily through, reads .7 ohms. I'm getting flavor but a consistent slightly burnt taste no matter the screw position or trying light or hard pulls. Any ideas?

Seems like the wicking can't keep up.

Less cotton seems to be the answer. I get 10 or so wicks out of a cotton ball. I also use 80% vg or higher.

Iv had my Kayfun L+ for about 2 weeks now and gone through quite a few builds just to see what works best with 100% VG because thats all i vape. if your using a thicker juice and or getting dry hits you have to tighten up the draw, this atty works based on the vacuum you create so a thicker juice needs more vacuum to wick properly, as for the build itself 2 strands of 2mm silica using 4 wraps of 32g wire, too much wick in that little space will block not only juice flow but air flow as well, so what should be an amazing vape is now little poofs that taste of burnt ... hair. I have no problems what so ever with dry hits and getting good vapor production, and flavor? I didnt even kno what my all day vape really tasted like until i filled my Kayfun with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread