Kayfun lite plus Vs Russian 91%

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandt38

Moved On
Nov 29, 2013
Summerfield, NC, USA
So I have been looking at, and ordered a kayfun Lite plus, and the waiting begins. But I am further looking for other high quality, similarly built RBAs. The 91% seems to be brought up quite a bit. I started looking at the 91% and see that according to sites selling genuine 91%s that it's parts are interchangeable with the KFL. So is this really just a KFL?

I would honestly love to have a couple KFLs, but was only able to acquire one. So I have found some genuine Russian 91% at a site I have bought a lot of gear from. I know I will have it in just a few days, and at $93 it is cheaper than the KFL+.

Is this the same unit? If so I think I may jump on this purchase before it is too late.

The Russian 91% from Kebo is a very advanced rebuildable atomizer tank system. The flavor that it's reduced chamber design produces is simply amazing.

This is very similar, and parts compatible with the Kayfun Lite, however this version includes adjustable air flow and an adjustable center pin on the 510 connector.

This product is NOT made by SvoMesto and should not be confused with their Kayfun products.

This item does not come ready to use...you must build your own coil. We strongly recommend researching two or three videos on YouTube so you fully understand how this device operates. Because it is an advanced user device we cannot provide support on how to build it.

Includes:

(1) Russian 91% atomizer made of 304 stainless steel

(1) 510 style drip tip adapter

(1) 10ml empty e-liquid bottle

(1) Metal tank tube (replaces translucent plastic tube if you wish)

(1) Package of silica wick material - approx 2 feet

(1) Package of nichrome coil wire - approx 2 feet

(1) Package of misc replacement parts, screw driver tool and gaskets

(1) Kit box

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I have been looking at, and ordered a Kayfun Lite plus, and the waiting begins. But I am further looking for other high quality, similarly built RBAs. The 91% seems to be brought up quite a bit. I started looking at the 91% and see that according to sites selling genuine 91%s that it's parts are interchangeable with the KFL. So is this really just a KFL?

I would honestly love to have a couple KFLs, but was only able to acquire one. So I have found some genuine Russian 91% at a site I have bought a lot of gear from. I know I will have it in just a few days, and at $93 it is cheaper than the KFL+.

Is this the same unit? If so I think I may jump on this purchase before it is too late.

They are obviously not the same, although similar. Some parts are compatible; the two products are very much alike but not exactly.

They are the two commonly mention bottom coil RBAs mentioned on this forum; I'm pretty sure there are a couple much lesser mentioned bottom coil RBAs- the gp spheroid comes to mind.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Why do YOU prefer the Russian, if you don't mind my asking.

The Russian 91% actually predates the KFL+, in that the original KFL does not have adjustable air flow, and the R91% did from the beginning. IMO - The KFL+ is Svoe Mesto's response to the R91%. I have both and prefer the R91 as well, primarily because the air flow screw is on the outside, while the KFL+ AF screw is on the bottom.
This may seem like a small point until, should you want maximum air flow, you simply remove the AF screw from the R91... leaving the hole fully exposed, on the side of the body. Doing the same thing with the KFL+ doesn't afford nearly the benefit, as once screwed to a mod, it will be blocked by the mod... unless you want to leave an unsightly gap to obtain maximum air flow.

Some will say "well you can drill them out", which is true, but unless the entire air path is enlarged, the air flow will only be as effective as it's smallest restrictor, that being the positive block air screw... which is already about as big as you can make it without ending up with a stack of threads, and no screw. ;-)

Fill screws are mostly irrelevant for either, as practically no one uses them, instead most have learned the procedure for filling from the top without leaks from the AF hole.

Again, these are small points and should not detract from buying either atty. As most parts are interchangeable, items like aftermarket clear tank tubes are interchangeable as well. Unless maximum air flow is a big deal, you really can't go wrong with either one.

sandt38

Moved On
Nov 29, 2013
Summerfield, NC, USA
Thanks everyone. Pulled the trigger on a Russian 91%. Vaporkings has them for $92.50 if anyone is looking. I got a few feet of 28 and 30 Ga kanthal A1 just to snag my free shipping option. Should be here Monday.

http://www.vaporkings.com/Kebo-Russian-91-rebuildable-atomizer-system-p/kebo-russian91.htm

Now it is time do do some research on building this unit. While I am going to use the search feature, any input provided here would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread