• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies.....let's get fit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I went for a walk at lunch time today. The weather was warm, flowers are blooming in people's yards... It was nice. At home I've been trying to hula hoop. It hasn't been going too well, but it's sure a work out - gets me all out of breath! I think the problem is that it's a cheap one I got at a grocery store for me and my granddaughter. It came in pieces that you fit together to make it a circle. Now I bet if I had a real one, with the "shwoop, shwoop" sound, I would be able to do it. :)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Seems I've gotten a case of "runner's knee." So I'm somewhat down for a while. Still going in to the gym to do some stuff, but not much until this heals. I can tell you one thing... nothing is more boring that a recumbent, stationary anything!

Hope your knee gets better soon..the only recumbent stationary activity i enjoy is reading :laugh:

ouchie !

lol...yea, I don't "get" the gym running machines & stuff like that !

I used to like the weight machines and free weights, but the beasties get annoyed if i exercise and don't take them ;)

I went for a walk at lunch time today. The weather was warm, flowers are blooming in people's yards... It was nice. At home I've been trying to hula hoop. It hasn't been going too well, but it's sure a work out - gets me all out of breath! I think the problem is that it's a cheap one I got at a grocery store for me and my granddaughter. It came in pieces that you fit together to make it a circle. Now I bet if I had a real one, with the "shwoop, shwoop" sound, I would be able to do it. :)

oh! hula hoops are fun....haven't thought of them in years! you should spring for a good one- i think it's gotta have that little rolling "shwoop, shwoop" weight in it to work right.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Seems I've gotten a case of "runner's knee." So I'm somewhat down for a while. Still going in to the gym to do some stuff, but not much until this heals. I can tell you one thing... nothing is more boring that a recumbent, stationary anything!

Take care of your knee! Hope it recovers soon.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I'd completely fallen off the mini-workout routine....have been doing i little teensey bit of extra walking. But i woke up this morning with the time, energy and motivation to take the beasties for a walk-jog. We had fun :)

Way to go!!! I have had no energy for anything lately :(

DH doesn't understand why I want the TV in front of me when I am on my bike.......because it's boring!!

Hope your knee heals quickly!

Never thought about getting a hula hoop......great idea!

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
I'm trying to find stuff to do that isn't so boring while I heal, but that is proving tough. The gym had a class I could actually get to (they hold few classes at times when people who have jobs can go, but we pay extra because they hold classes. Doesn't seem right to me). It was called "Power and Grace." Lord knows what that is, I still don't really know. At first I was happy because it was a good ab workout, but then I realized it was yoga on crack... and it required a lot of kneeling to do stuff. Which... yeah, I can't do. I can't do that even without runner's knee (I broke the other knee back in college, so kneeling has been challenge ever since). Still looking.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I have not been able to get into yoga - it just looks impossible (and I am not that flexible). I did belong to a gym for awhile, about 10 years ago before our kids went crazy being teen-agers, and I noticed the same thing about the classes - they were all during the normal work day, even though the gym was open 24 hours a day. My daughters were taking a zumba class last fall through our recreation department and liked it a lot. I got a zumba game thing for our Wii, but haven't gotten brave enough to try it yet.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I tried Zumba once. That is where it became completely apparent that I do, in fact, dance like a cracker. I never went back.

I will probably find out the same thing, which is why I got it in a way I can try it out in the privacy of my house, and also why I haven't tried it yet, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread