• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies.....let's get fit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Thanks :),, I like doing long term focus programs, there are some nice apps that I have also enjoyed for the android but am sure you can find them or like then for all smart phones

Nike Training Club (NTC) - has all kinds of workouts to choose from short and long, and different body parts, strength and cardio to switch up.
Just 6 weeks - is a push up, sit up, pull up, squat individual challenge .. Never would of believed I could do 100 push ups and it was fun getting there. the others are 200 challenges . Love body weight exercies
Accupedo is a pedometer, very simple tracker doesn't use GPS which is great for me to help me track my focus steps with my Dog Ra on his journey.

Does anyone know a good cross fit type app?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Ok, so i just heard about this app yesterday...

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Run for your Life from the Zombie Hordes!
Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. We immerse you in an action-packed game and story mixed with your own music, whether you're jogging in a park, running along a trail, walking to work, or even running on treadmills.
And if you want a serious workout, turn on thrilling zombie chases that force you to speed up to escape the hordes!

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The most i ever got to was 4 miles....when i run regularly (which will happen again someday) I have a 2 mile route. Much longer and it's too easy to blow it off because of not having the time ( i jog more than run- I'm slow). So i do better with small increments than large.

On the bright side (?) I've had meetings all over campus lately, so I've been getting a mile or so of extra walking in most days.

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
Believe it or not, sometimes he does (not in my room though - not enough space!) More so in his younger days as he is 10&1/2 now so pretty senior for a mastiff breed - but he was improvising with me just the other week after class, although one or two songs is usually enough for him now.
It's called canine musical freestyle - lots of fun.

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
Hi all...my cardio of choice is Zumba. I used to do cardio on ellipticals and barely broke a sweat, I then discovered Zumba and sweated my .... off (and had fun!)! Two years ago, I lost 40 lbs with Zumba and weight watchers. I have probably gained 10 lbs back, but I am ready to get to it again. Now that I quit smoking, it feels great to be the girl who doesn't light up a smoke in the gym parking lot!

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Astounded, canine musical free style in my house means that the beasties are bouncing and barking and not at all keeping time to the music. They've been known to interfere with situps too. 1-3 cold noises waiting for my face as i get to the top of the situp. :facepalm:

JoJoVa, I've never tried zumba. I sounds like it would take coordination, and that's not one of my greatest strengths. I'm ok with walking or jogging slowly, but I'm really good at sitting with my feet up :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread