Little Rant about ordering on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Don't feel too discriminated against. I live in California, and when I went to order my first ever eCig from Blu Cig, they wanted me to send them a photo copy of my Driver's License, first! They only do this with California, because of some weird law we have here, about minors buying "tobacco products". It so turned me off I punted the idea of eCigs for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I tried another vendor and there was none of that ridiculousness. Double fortunately, I didn't get that Blu (since they don't work that well, as we all know).

Lastly, I lived in Japan for a few years in the 90s (pre-internet, sort of), and realized when asking friends to send me things I couldn't get there, that most Americans are fairly ignorant when it comes to international shipping.

Cheers...

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
I live in AUS and some people won't ship to me. I just don't buy from them. I would rather support people/businesses which support me vaping.

True with regard to businesses. I take that stance myself.
However, with classifieds, it's different IMO.
It's different because people are either selling their gear to buy something else or because they are quitting.
Either way they help a fellow vaper and vaping in general by selling world wide.
Isn't that the true goal of vapers all over the world? To help people quit, as they have, and provide them the avenue
to do so?

Jpracing...is there a picture somewhere of everything you have bought so far???? I would reallllllly like to see that lol.

None. It is not in my constitution to do so, either. :)

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Also, some specific sellers here restrict their sales to CONUS only or insert country here only.
*if I never see those words again it would be too soon*
We are a small community of vapers, people. If I had something to sell, it would be worldwide.
My reasoning is this; More vaping products around the world, more vapers. More vapers, less
stupid legislation around the world.
And, all you have to do is tell the buyer he pays for trackable shipping. Simple. If the buyer
says no, then sell it to someone else.
Also, you're helping out a fellow vaper in your small vaping community even if
he/she is from another country.
To me, that's the most important part along with stopping bad legislation.

I fully second that rant.

jp,it would be a pleasure to deal with you my friend,unfortunately,i too am a hoarder :)

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
The problem I have is that some sites don´t let me pay with my cc, they want an american card. I get everything shipped to Texas, but have to pay with a mexican cc and some sites don´t let me use it.

Look into a pre-paid CC,I think you can do it on-line...that would open a whole new market for you :)

muriarte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Monterrey, MX / McAllen, TX
Look into a pre-paid CC,I think you can do it on-line...that would open a whole new market for you :)

I did look for it, but Western Union asks for a US SS number and the only other reputable provider I found has aproblem with their sistem and I couldn´t fund the card. Anyway, I just took my business elsewhere.

For example, Cooper Creek didn´t have the option to pay with my card and I sent them a message asking if there was a way to buy from them and they modified their webpage to allow my card! That is excellent customer service right there!

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
True with regard to businesses. I take that stance myself.
However, with classifieds, it's different IMO.
It's different because people are either selling their gear to buy something else or because they are quitting.
Either way they help a fellow vaper and vaping in general by selling world wide.
Isn't that the true goal of vapers all over the world? To help people quit, as they have, and provide them the avenue
to do so?

None. It is not in my constitution to do so, either. :)

That is a bummer. I would love to see that.

Blue OG Buzz/Silver Vein Alpha/Green and Black Reo Mini FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread