Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Hey DIY'ers, I used to be very active here back in 2013-16 but DIY vaping has become such an easy routine that I don't really follow the industry much anymore. Anyways, I've been mixing for 4 people since 2013. Oddly, I'm the only one left who still occasionally vapes flavored juice. The other 3 have gone unflavored only and I myself vape unflavored over 50% of the time. It's been an interesting observation how my circle has evolved over the years. Seems like once someone finds their preferred device and switches to unflavored juice they stick with it. Never saw that coming back 5-6 years ago.

My oldest nic in the freezer is RTS 100mg from August of 2013. It's still absolutely perfect and brand new. Just like many others have speculated here, nic may very well remain stable for decades in the deep freeze. The unflavored mix actually tastes best with nic that has been sitting out of the freezer for 4-6 months. I know some of the original DIY unflavored people said the same thing back when I started in 2013. It's proven true in my circle over time.

I do have 1 question. I've always been opposed to nic salts. Too close to being a page right out of big tobaccos playbook. For basic nic base, who are the most popular nowadays? I have RTS, Wizard, VapersTek, and Nude in the deep freeze with vintages ranging from 2013-15. Any new revelations with nic base over the last 4 years or are all the usual suspects still recommended?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
For basic nic base, who are the most popular nowadays? I have RTS, Wizard, VapersTek, and Nude in the deep freeze with vintages ranging from 2013-15.

Well, for starters...RTS is now Nicotine Giant. Their 100mg/mL nic base is the same as far as I can personally tell. As for others that seem to be popular, Wizard Labs and VapersTek still are, but a few have had problems lately with unacceptable VapersTek nic base. They've gotten refunds on it from them. Nude Nicotine is still popular with those who don't mind spending somewhat more for it.

2 players in the game that you may not know about are Heartland Vapes and Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. They both sell several "grades" and/or brands of nic base. Heartlands' regular nic base is only $44.99/L for 100mg/mL. it's even lower during a sale! There are quite a few of us who've bought it and are very happy with it. LNW is similarly priced, though is a little higher. It also has a solid reputation so far for being very good.

Any new revelations with nic base over the last 4 years or are all the usual suspects still recommended?

Besides the salt nic base that many vendors are carrying now, Nude has also come out with several additional varieties of freebase nic and ways of packaging it for longterm stashing. You might want to check them out as well. They're too spendy for my liking, when I can get perfectly great nic base, that stores well longterm, for much less. However, there are people who really like the new varieties and/or methods of packaging them that Nude has now.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I like Nic River's Chemnovatic, because they give more than just a strength listed on a relabeled bottle. They give the brand, country of origin, and you can see the Certificate of Analysis, MSDS, Lab Testing results, etc. And you won't care (neither do I - nic salts aren't for me), but they're among the few that offer several different types of nic salt, and tell you what they actually are - salicylate, benzoate, or malate. And you can see the data for each, like this for their benzoate. May not mean it's the best, but I tend to trust a product more when the supplier gives me real info.
upload_2019-8-30_15-41-23.png

All that said, I've never tried them, but will likely be ordering Nude's Argon purged soon for long term freezer stock when weather cools down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread