Looking for a good non-rebuildable tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicatrize

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Michigan
My wife is finally ready to upgrade her ProTank 3, and I'm so happy for her, but I'm not sure what to recommend, as I don't follow the tanks with pre-built coil heads.

I think she'd like to keep the coil cost down to what the PT3 is (about $2.50 per coil). She hits MTL, so the airflow would need to at least have a restrictive enough setting that could match the PT3 (very tight draw). It also needs to be 22-23mm to fit nicely onto her istick 30w. She's not really into sub-ohm (yet), so the coil options need to be pretty diverse as well. A good capacity (~5ml) would be nice.

Ideally, it'd be cool if there was a rebuildable deck option, so if she ever decides to start building her own coils, she could do so. She's had the PT3 for over 2 years, so I wouldn't be surprised if she ran this new one until it disintegrates too.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
imo subtank isn't really a MTL tank and its better suited for sub ohm DLH style vaping.

If she doesn't have the Nautilus thats a nice tank and the forum seems to like it, I don't have one personally. Or you can check out the Triton mini which also utilizes Nauti's coil heads.

The problem with new tanks these days is that almost all of them are geared towards DLH, sub ohm. Sure they have >1ohm coil heads but its not really a tight draw MTL kind of tanks.

Reactions: dsheik

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
How do I convince her that she needs to be building her own coils? I've been trying for a year, and she's not having it, lol. I've stated the obvious benefits...saving money, control over your vape, etc. I'm not going to force her, but when I started building my own, vaping became a much better experience for me.

Convenience. I don't mind rebuilding (my PT2 heads and my STM OCCs in addition to my RBAs) There are just some times that I don't feel like doing it. I want to pop a blister pack and roll. You might think about the regular Aspire BVC coils on a Subtank Mini (I haven't tried on my Nanos.) I find them for about $8-9/5-pk (so at least less than $2/coil) They're decent and certainly MTL.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
How do I convince her that she needs to be building her own coils? I've been trying for a year, and she's not having it, lol. I've stated the obvious benefits...saving money, control over your vape, etc. I'm not going to force her, but when I started building my own, vaping became a much better experience for me.

You don't need to convince her to build her own coils.
You could just get a pack of rba heads and keep them coiled and wicked for her. She doesn't have to see you rewicking them.
$12.62 Replacement Nano RBA Coil Head for SUBTANK Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
3806800-4.jpg

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
GS Air 2
.75, 1.2 and 1.5 coils available.
Can do restricted lung with the .75 the other 2 are MTL.
I have the 14 mm version and love it.
This is a great step up from the Mini PT II, it's what I went with when I wanted to set aside the PT.
Very affordable tank and coils with lots of options.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Put a 1.2 or 1.5 coil in it, close the airflow down to the minimum and hit it at 8-10W. It's tootle-puffin' in my book. MTL? Yah shoor youbetcha! :D

Agreed. I am strictly MTL and this it my preferred set up with the 1.2 coil, but, yes it is the V2 version of the subtank mini. Also there is the benefit of the RBA heads if she ever wants to rebuild or just rewick for longer life. My other top pick would be the Nautilus mini or the full size if you want more liquid volume. I used to love and often recommend the GSAir tanks but I found the flavor and coil life to be a lot better with the STM or Nautilus mini.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
The above post goes to show how we are all different. I tried the higher than .5ohm coils on subtanks for MTL and found it the worst vaping experience of my life pretty much... Only find the .5's and full airflow for lung hits usable, much prefer MTL on the nautilus mini.

Which goes to say.....

Best to go to a local shop and try the different tanks out before buying.... We will all like different things..

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
The subtank mini + RBA is a good overall setup. Very easy to build on and not bad in any area. A well rounded tank. I did not find it great for MTL and havent touched it in sense I moved to something better in that department. If the MTL part is non negotiable I would choose an actual MTL tank.

Reactions: Jdurand

Koolbreez777

Mar 30, 2016
I've been playing around with different coil builds that I come up with and I actually built a vertical coil inside the tiny subtank mini rda with Kanthal A1 26ga 8 wrapps. It wicked well the first go around packing the cotton outside the coil walls enuff to establish the seal at the two wick holes. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and has better wicking ideas for such a small vertical setup on the sub mini rda..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread