Looking for a good non-rebuildable tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
That would be the V2 version. Much more versatile than the V1.

Never tried this setup but it does sound like it would work with the airflow closed :)

Agreed. I am strictly MTL and this it my preferred set up with the 1.2 coil, but, yes it is the V2 version of the subtank mini. Also there is the benefit of the RBA heads if she ever wants to rebuild or just rewick for longer life. My other top pick would be the Nautilus mini or the full size if you want more liquid volume. I used to love and often recommend the GSAir tanks but I found the flavor and coil life to be a lot better with the STM or Nautilus mini.
I have a stock of the .5 and 1.2 coils for mine (v1) but have been using the RBA exclusively (.8Ω build, 28ga Kanthal). It's a step up from an MTL setup but running at 15W. Part of why I recommend the STM - versatility. Drop the 1.2 coil in there, close down the airflow and lower the power and it's Tootle Puffin' Time for me. ;)

:offtopic:@Robert Cromwell and @suprtrkr - have you been co-opted by @roxynoodle ?? 'Cause your avatars are all showing up the same for me. :confused: :confused:

Reactions: YoursTruli

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have a stock of the .5 and 1.2 coils for mine (v1) but have been using the RBA exclusively (.8Ω build, 28ga Kanthal). It's a step up from an MTL setup but running at 15W. Part of why I recommend the STM - versatility. Drop the 1.2 coil in there, close down the airflow and lower the power and it's Tootle Puffin' Time for me. ;)

:offtopic:@Robert Cromwell and @suprtrkr - have you been co-opted by @roxynoodle ?? 'Cause your avatars are all showing up the same for me. :confused: :confused:
In memory of a wise and cherished member who can no longer be with us.

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
USA
I recently acquired new tootle-puffin' gear because the atomizers for my old setup went out of production. The Nautilus Mini with 1.8ohm BVC coil heads was my choice, and I haven't had any regrets. The tanks are a little smaller than I like, but I have had zero leaking incidents and zero flooded atomizers after three weeks of use. I am running at 8-10 watts and really I couldn't be happier.

At < $10 per 5-pack, replacement heads are easily affordable too. I picked up ten packs and I'm still not through the first one.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
My wife is finally ready to upgrade her ProTank 3, and I'm so happy for her, but I'm not sure what to recommend, as I don't follow the tanks with pre-built coil heads.

I think she'd like to keep the coil cost down to what the PT3 is (about $2.50 per coil). She hits MTL, so the airflow would need to at least have a restrictive enough setting that could match the PT3 (very tight draw). It also needs to be 22-23mm to fit nicely onto her iStick 30w. She's not really into sub-ohm (yet), so the coil options need to be pretty diverse as well. A good capacity (~5ml) would be nice.

Ideally, it'd be cool if there was a rebuildable deck option, so if she ever decides to start building her own coils, she could do so. She's had the PT3 for over 2 years, so I wouldn't be surprised if she ran this new one until it disintegrates too.

How about the Bachelor Tank? You can cheaply buy replacement coils, (with wicks in place), for ~$3 per ten, or build your own. Seems like an affordable, well-built, single coil unit with a lot of features.

ETA: looks like the OEM replacement coils, (and the ones that come with the tank), are only produced in 0.5 ohm, (NiCr), or 0.2 ohm, (Ni200), resistances. So, that may be a deal breaker for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread