Roughstack V2 or Maxi Roughstack V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenD188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
O'Fallon, MO
What are the main difference in these two? Whats the actual size of them?

I would normally vape my 3.7v box mod, but it is broken and I have been using my 5v box. I do like the hit on 5v more, but would like to have the option of 3.7 still.

Which one would be best for me? I would be buying new batteries (18650's or 16340's), and it's time for some new attys. I would assume LR for the 3.7 volt, but what about if I use 2 16340's?

It looks like the roughstack v2 is smaller than the maxi? Would I be able to just use a 5v battery on the roughstack, or would I be better off stacking two 16340s?( would have to get the maxi I think)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The regular RSv2 is about 2 3/8 inches long and about as big around as a quarter. The Maxi RSv2 is 3 5/8 inches long and also about as big around as a quarter. The short one will take a 3.0v 16340, a 3.7v 16340, or a 3.7v 18350. The maxi will take a 3.7v 18650, a 5.0v ni-mh batt, two 3.0v 16340s, two 3.7v 16340s, or two IMR 18350s. So, the regular sized RS is capable of 3.0 or 3.7v, and the maxi is capable of 3.7, 5.0, 6.0, and 7.4v depending on battery configuration.

I have 2 maxis and a standard length rough stack. It would be difficult and stressful if I had to choose between them, but the maxi is more versatile.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
So for 3.7v vaping do you recommend 18650s or 16340s? Just need to decide on batteries and which attys I want.

If you are getting the short rough stack, get 18350's for it. One battery is probably close to enough to last most people all day, but you'll want to own at least two so that you always have one charged (and I recommend at least three in case you ever have one fail). As to attys, 2.0 ohm is a good match for 3.7v.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Sure. I took it with my phone, so the quality isn't great, but maybe it will give you an idea. I've forum attached it so you'll have to click the thumbnail below to view it.

2011-08-12 22.33.54.jpg

BenD188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
O'Fallon, MO
Awesome, thanks for the pics! Now I'm going to have to buy one! I think I'm going to be getting the regular RS, two 2.0ohm SmokTech attys, and two 18350's.

I'm going to start with the regular one because with the Maxi I think I'd end up spending quite a bit on different types of batteries trying to find the right voltage for me. I'm afraid that two 18350s at 7.4volts might be too much for me. I'm using a 5v box mod with 2 14500's, and enjoy that as well as 3.7v.

Just trying to avoid spending so much on different batteries to possibly end up not liking it.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Now I'm going to have to buy one! I think I'm going to be getting the regular RS, two 2.0ohm SmokTech attys, and two 18350's.

You'll be happy with that combination. -- And, as already mentioned in the thread, one of the strong points to the rough stack is that the rough stack and maxi rough stack caps are interchangeable. Madvapes sells the maxi tube separately and for only $20, so if you decide sometime later that you'd like the upgrade, all you have to do is get the tube and you won't have to purchase a whole new unit.

I will say that when the V2s came out, I grabbed a new rough stack right away (in fact, mine was the very first v2 to ship, I've been told). A few weeks later, I bought the maxi tube... and then decided I'd really like to have both available and bought another cap a few days later ;)

dragit

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
i plan on the RS at first to give her a test drive... im sure a maxi and battery options for it will follow shortly.

I recommend AGAINST mods unless your a tinker'r. Just thought i would throw that out there because i've read enough complaining from people who want it to work 100% of the time and never want to mess with it (they are in the wrong hobby). Its a mod... and it will require a lil fine tuning

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
i plan on the RS at first to give her a test drive... im sure a maxi and battery options for it will follow shortly.

I recommend AGAINST mods unless your a tinker'r. Just thought i would throw that out there because i've read enough complaining from people who want it to work 100% of the time and never want to mess with it (they are in the wrong hobby). Its a mod... and it will require a lil fine tuning

I think the new RS has a wire instead of spring to connect switch assembly to atty connector.
That old design spring was only issue I've experienced.
I lubricate body threads w/ Vaseline.
RS is very simple to service.

Pic shows wire I soldered in place; I think new RS comes w/ wire and quick disconnect.

Attachments

• RS Wire.jpg
    RS Wire.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread