My first build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
Awhile ago I bought myself a Mutation x V4 rba and the guy at the shop built it for me.
Today I built my own deck, tell me what you guys think!
f83790155009ecb2164d037c04829c90.jpg

24 gauge kanthal wire, 7 wraps, .29 ohms
e447dad2f7c19f25d2343326b8cb69fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
May I ask the reason for the two statements below? I ask because I have an istick 50w, and the same Mutation, I've built to .5-.8 and for some reason, .3-.4 always ends in hassle. I notice the tones, so I'm assuming there's a reason I have trouble enjoying it if you guys recognize it as odd. Can you offer advice?

Sent from Tapatalk.

Reactions: thetrucker

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
May I ask the reason for the two statements below? I ask because I have an istick 50w, and the same Mutation, I've built to .5-.8 and for some reason, .3-.4 always ends in hassle. I notice the tones, so I'm assuming there's a reason I have trouble enjoying it if you guys recognize it as odd. Can you offer advice?

Sent from Tapatalk.

What is the build at .3-.4Ω and why is it ending in a hassle ?

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada

Sent from Tapatalk.
I'm confused, is my build not good? I'm only learning about RBA's now

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
As am I, that's why I am asking. Mine is 26g.
It feels as if wicking is irrelevant, flavor isn't better, and watts do more damage faster (dryness) I feel no gain at .3 and 50w, than I do with .5 or .6 with 50w, actually seems to keep wicking going longer without dryness, and it seems that wicking is more forgiving.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
I'm confused, is my build not good? I'm only learning about RBA's now

I cannot say if yours is good or not. That is for you to decide if you enjoy it. Personally the lower I go the more annoying it becomes at the same watts. Same wicking. Same liquid. I get burns ruined wicks, near instant dry hits after 2 or 3 puffs. None of this occurs when at .5ish. It's actually wonderful.

Sent from Tapatalk.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
As am I, that's why I am asking. Mine is 26g.
It feels as if wicking is irrelevant, flavor isn't better, and watts do more damage faster (dryness) I feel no gain at .3 and 50w, than I do with .5 or .6 with 50w, actually seems to keep wicking going longer without dryness, and it seems that wicking is more forgiving.

Sent from Tapatalk.
Hmm, I'll have to try a .5 build sometime and see if I find the same conclusion

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
I cannot say if yours is good or not. That is for you to decide if you enjoy it. Personally the lower I go the more annoying it becomes at the same watts. Same wicking. Same liquid. I get burns ruined wicks, near instant dry hits after 2 or 3 puffs. None of this occurs when at .5ish. It's actually wonderful.

Sent from Tapatalk.
Now that you mention it, I do only get up to 4 puffs before tasting dry... Just assumed that was a normal occurrence

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
It's not, Not from build videos I've seen... I get 6 sometimes 8 hits at 40w before sry hitting at .5. Maybe I am messing something up when aiming for lower. The original reason I asked is the initial tone of the responses to your post, they seems to think it was odd to have .29 on a 50w, which promoted me to think this May be my chance to find out my troubles, heh.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
No no, that's why we're here I guess lol. I have issues on things and go to ECF. VU has interning things. But yeah, I do the slightly spaced .5 builds and it's decent. I try .29, I achievement but it's a horrible fight to keep it happy, my coil I mean. I took a .3 to work last night, ended up having to switch to a Protank Mini drip tip instead of wide bore, due to it destroying multiple SATURATED wicks after only 3 or so puffs, where .5 got me through fine.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread