My introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
Hey there, I recently got into vaping a little over a month ago. This site was a fantastic resource while I was looking at different products and brands, so I'd like to start out with a thanks to everyone here for the quality and sheer amount of information you all provide.

I started out with a pair of KR808-D1 batteries because I was looking for something small and easy to take with me so I could drop the cigs. The ones I got were from V2, one of their kits with 2 batts and 10 cartos. It was great for getting me started and to help me with kicking the habit, as well as deciding if it was something I enjoyed. I haven't even bothered with a cigarette since I opened the box up and started vaping. In fact I've got an almost full pack that's been just sitting on my table by the door, ignored. I picked up a set of Kanger M3 clearomizers and some juice from Good Life Vapor and have really been enjoying them, far better than the cartos that came with my starter kit.

Now that I know it's something I enjoy, I ordered a Vamo V3 Stainless last night, along with a set of Kanger Evods. I also placed an order for a handful of other juices from another site, as well, so that I'll have some new flavors to try when it arrives, really excited but it looks like the juice and tanks will be here before the actual Mod, so I'm a little sad about that. They'll just be sitting there for probably a week before I can use them, haha.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. So, hello.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
Thanks everyone. Yeah letting them steep is probably for the best but I have no patience, so I'll probably end up trying at least some of them right out of the mail with my current unit. They're pretty small clearomizers so I suppose it'll be okay. =P The ones I have on the way are from Mt Baker Vapor, since they're right around the corner from me, relatively speaking, so the shipping looks like it's only going to take a day, maybe two. So they'll probably be seeing a lot of future business from me.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I'll tell you right now the Vamo is one heck of an upgrade from the 808s, though I still use both equally, the Vamo at my desk, the 808s on the go. You won't be disappointed as long as you run a good delivery system on the Vamo, the Evods should be great, I keep meaning to pick a few up but I'm so busy vaping off my Vivi Nova I never remember to do it.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
Yeah, I didn't even consider it, but a friend of mine wanted an Evod for his Twist so I figured I'd toss one in since I was already placing an order with them. Was very pleasantly surprised with the price, so I got him one, and ordered a few for myself! Sadly Black and Stainless are still unavailable. Very pleased with the site overall. Great prices, and everything is labelled well from steeping suggestions to warnings about what type of equips to avoid with certain juices. Plus it's a local company for me, so it makes it that much more satisfying to buy from.

Last edited:

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
Thanks everyone. Yeah letting them steep is probably for the best but I have no patience, so I'll probably end up trying at least some of them right out of the mail with my current unit. They're pretty small clearomizers so I suppose it'll be okay. =P The ones I have on the way are from Mt Baker Vapor, since they're right around the corner from me, relatively speaking, so the shipping looks like it's only going to take a day, maybe two. So they'll probably be seeing a lot of future business from me.

What kind of juice did you order? I shop there too, and have them ship to Ohio. Great service and price. Some of their juice is great right out of the mail (hawk sauce). When you get 5 posts you can visit and post on a popular thread here specifically MBV.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
I got a pack of spearmint cartos in my KR808 kit that I rather liked. Until I got my clearos and proper juice, after that I realized how terrible the flavor in the V2 carts was. But I was a huge fan of mint shisha, so I went and ordered two mint flavors, Wintergreen and White Out. I also picked up Banana and Peach Rings. Love almost everything peach, but the regular peach juice they have has pretty hit or miss reviews. Peach rings seemed to be better reviewed overall so I opted for that instead. Got them all at a 50/50 blend with an extra flavor shot in each.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
Today was good. My MBV juices and EVODS arrived. I was tempted to sample them but I think i'll leave them untouched until my Vamo arrives, and use them to break it in. =P

Also I went to my local mall today because I needed a new pair of work pants and figured I'd swing by the small (Seriously, it's tiny. Standing room only for about 10 people.) vape shop that just opened up there. They had Kanger ProTanks on sale for $15, so I bought 3.

Merbearw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Fair Oaks, CA
Hi Jesauce,
I'm a new member too and similar story about trying the V2 and knowing it was going to work. I still use blank carts and have ordered 3 times from MBV. I like vanillas, chocolates, good bakery sweets etc., so nothing tobacco-ey. I like their Vanilla Custard, Milk Choc, Cin Roll, if you're interested in those type flavors.
I feel the same way about this forum and the help given; a BIG thanks for all the info :)

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Hi Jesauce,
I'm a new member too and similar story about trying the V2 and knowing it was going to work. I still use blank carts and have ordered 3 times from MBV. I like vanillas, chocolates, good bakery sweets etc., so nothing tobacco-ey. I like their Vanilla Custard, Milk Choc, Cin Roll, if you're interested in those type flavors.
I feel the same way about this forum and the help given; a BIG thanks for all the info :)
If vanilla hits your taste buds well....you might try Grant's Vanilla Custard.....IIRC, kinda pricey - and not always available - but I've heard it's incredible vanilla flavor!!:)

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
My Vamo arrived yesterday, and I've been using it fairly heavily. Pretty oustanding, I must say. I've got a few tanks for it now, with a few different resistances. My Protanks came with a handy little voltage chart in it. It a much smoother vape than with my others, and it has a very solid weight to it. A little large, though so I probably won't take with with me everywhere. I've got an eGo on the way, though so that'll probably be what I take to work with me.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Today was good. My MBV juices and EVODS arrived. I was tempted to sample them but I think i'll leave them untouched until my Vamo arrives, and use them to break it in. =P

Also I went to my local mall today because I needed a new pair of work pants and figured I'd swing by the small (Seriously, it's tiny. Standing room only for about 10 people.) vape shop that just opened up there. They had Kanger ProTanks on sale for $15, so I bought 3.

MBV prices on juices rock! read the reviews real carefully. non tobacco, single flavor juices steep pretty fast. MBV doesn't censor their reviews, so there is a lot of info on there, like steeping times for a lot of juices. (quite a few of the negative reviews are from folks who didn't steep their juices at all!)

you got your Vamo pretty quick, where did you get it from?

15 bucks is a good deal on Protanks here in WA. i paid $25 for one at the Vaporium in Lakewood. (got the rest on line)
be sure to check out the cleromizer ssection here. you can learn how wick/rewick and recoil your Protanks. some recommend taking on of the 2 flavor wicks out, which you can later use to replace it with. cotton is also good for rewicking.

Jesauce

Jul 31, 2013
Bremerton, WA
Yeah there are a few vape shops that have opened up recently. I've been to two already. One has a huge section of juices they make in-store, and the other just has some great prices. I actually just spotted a 3rd shop the other day that had a 'Grand Opening' sign out front, but it was like 11 pm and they were closed. I'll be swinging by the next time I pass by, though. the MBV prices are indeed awesome, so was the shipping. Took all of 2 days to get from Bellingham to my house across the sound.

Ordered my Vamo off of FastTech. Got the V3 in stainless with the fancy Nitecore charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread