My Story - FWIW (and suggestions/help welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sako

May 24, 2013
Texas
Hello All. I just thought I'd take a moment to post my vaping experience (and some history) thus far. (I apparently can't hit return so this is going to be one long paragraph) I was a PAD+ smoker since I was about 17. The first time I really quit was close to 20 years later. I took Chantix and I quit for 4 months. I was proud, happy, elated, etc. I then had to attend a work function that was very stressful - and you know the rest of the story (just one, I'll only have one). I got engaged and part of the deal was that I quit smoking. I did (again with Chantix). I was quit for almost 5 years. My mother was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer about 6 months ago. Good thing I quit smoking, right? Well, one night when things got a little rough for me, I drove to the store and bought a pack of analogs. Why? You tell me. Makes no sense, but then neither does smoking in the first place. That was about a month ago. So, I go get my Chantix scrip. The side effects were rough this time and it just wasn't working. My wife was upset to the point of crying every other night or so. Life was pretty rough. I didn't know what to do, but I was getting desperate. So, I ran over to this little place in Austin, TX and spoke to them about e-cigs. They were awesome, but my head was spinning with all of the info as I'd never researched vaping. I talked to a couple of the guys for about an hour going over some things and spotted the iGo 4 (if any of you have experience with this kit please chime in). I liked the look (could do without the diamond looking button) and the guys told me it would be OK for a starter kit. One of the guys was vaping one of their blends of juice they called blended tobacco. He let me give it a try and to my surprise it wasn't as thick or nasty as I thought it would be. A little sweet and not overwhelming - I liked it. I bought two 30ml bottles of that juice at 16ml. They showed me how to fill the clearomizer, gave me a few tips and away I went. I don't live in Austin any longer so I had about a 3.5 hour drive. I had a pack of analogs with 2 left. I puffed the iGo like crazy during the drive. I got a little light headed a couple of times, but nothing serious. I stopped about 2 hours into the drive and remembered I had my analogs so I grabbed one and lit up. No go - bad, bad, bad taste after the e cig. That was the last analog I've smoked in almost 2 weeks. I remember the guy at the store telling me, "I don't think you'll have another cigarette after today." I also remember being very skeptical. He was right . . . If I didn't think I'd get in trouble, I'd name the store because they were great and extremely helpful. At any rate, if I could figure out how to make a paragraph maybe this wouldn't look like the small novella it is. All of that said, what suggestions would you have for upgrades? I bought another clearomizer in the town I now live in as well as some small bottles of their juice. Juice sucks and the clearomizer leaks like crazy. I just put in an order with them for the same juice, less nic and a stardust rebuildable clearomizer. So, that's my story. If you have any suggestions for upgrades, mods, etc. please let me know.

I don't really have any suggestions because I'm new to vaping as well. But I'd like to welcome you to ecf. There are a lot of online stores that are recommended here for buying ecigs and e juice. I recently bought some juice from mt baker vapors and I really like the blueberry and blackberry. I didn't like the tobacco flavor one though. But as you'll soon learn, everyone's taste is different. What one person thinks is great, another one will think is horrible.
With that said, there are a lot of very knowledgable people here. Pick their brains for all the info you can get and have fun!

~Susiejo

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
Welcome aboard....new guy myself (after lurking for a couple of weeks). I also used Chantix to quit -it works great while you're on it. My class didn't stress enough how the cravings would come back after quitting the Chantix and getting it out of your system. After 100days, I bought a Finiti disposable, then a cheap Fin kit from WalMart, and now have a cheap eGo-type kit. Wish there was a store that I could have gone to for advice and testing. By the way, did the Chantix give you stomach pains, nausea, and flatulence? I missed out on the vivid dreams -sounds like they might have been fun. I really wish stop-smoking classes would at least "mention" ecig a as an option. Anyway, I'm too new to offer worthwhile advice, but I do offer encouragement - keep trying and experimenting, don't go overboard, don't be obnoxious (if smoking is not allowed, don't vape).

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
Not sure if this is relevant to you since you are using a primarily tobacco flavor, but if your juice has citrus or cinnamon oils in it, they can break down plastic clearos causing leaks or even cracks. Also, over and undertightening should be avoided. You want it snug, but don't force it. I love my ego/clearos, but I bought a couple cheap cartomizers to use with problem flavors and that's working well for me so far, but I've only been at this for a week. Good luck!

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
I bought another clearomizer in the town I now live in as well as some small bottles of their juice. Juice sucks and the clearomizer leaks like crazy.

FWIW, the ONLY clearo I've tried that has had zero issues is the Kanger T2. I heard wonderful things about the Vivi Nova Mini, but it was so bad I took it back to the store. I have several T2s now and they're about all I use. I know there are other models that folks swear by, and I can't argue, but that's been my experience. The T2s are inexpensive, durable, and utterly reliable.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Welcome and congrats on quiting. Most of us do our shopping online. You want to have backup's to your batteries and juice delivery devices because it what you have goes south your in big trouble.

You have a ego type battery so when shopping for devices make sure they have a ego or 510 connector. The ego is the outside treads and the 510 is the inside treads.

I prefer Kanger juice devivery devices. The Evod,T3,Protank and Mini T3 are all great devices.

Check the preferred vendors section for vendors you can trust. There are alot of scam artist out there.

The vendors in the vendor section have been checked out and are good to go.

If you don't have at least two batteries get a second one now.

Try different juices, some fruit flavors,desert flavors ect. See what you like.

Good luck,
D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread