Naz's Ruyan #1 Disposable Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my ruyan vegas ran out , so i refilled it and changed the battery.:thumb:
Dont think i will be using it outside of the house as it looks a bit like a terrorist device.

Attachments

• DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 126

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
works fine , think it burns a little hotter than it should so the atomizer might not last that long but anything longer than it was intended for is a bonus.
4.2/3.0=40% hotter. You can drop voltage by placing some diodes in series.
Different types of diodes have different voltage drops. 1N4007 should drop about 0.98 volts at 1.6 amp load if whats said in datasheet holds in this case. So (4.2-0.98)/3.0 = ~7% hotter. In practice 2x1N4007 in series might very well be closer. Any type of diode should do as long as it can handle at least 1A continuous load.

Better plan of course is to rewind the coil. I have no doubt that this cigar could last for years if tuned properly. I teared mine to atoms and it is very rugged design.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
a normal e cig coil runs at at 4.2 down to 2.7 volts before its shuts off.. i doubt running the disposable at a slightly voltage will do it much harm..

u can get batteries that come off the charger at around 3.6 volts.. or none rechargeable 3 volt primary cells similar to what would be in the ruyan in the first place.. assuming thats whats in it..

trog

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
This is not a normal e-cig. See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/2478-ruyan-vegas-cigar.html
It has 1.2 ohm coil whereas normal e-cigs have 3.3 ohm coil. Higher voltage also stresses reed tube more. As wire heats resistance goes up. Anyway, voltage diff on coil should be no higher than 2.0 volts for that 1.2 ohm to hold, which suggests there is significant voltage drop on wires. (2.0 volts/1.2ohm = 1.66 amps) I'm sure you could run this off 2xaa ni-hm batteries as well. 1N4007's cost around 0.1-0.3€ a pop...

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
This is not a normal e-cig. See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/2478-ruyan-vegas-cigar.html
It has 1.2 ohm coil whereas normal e-cigs have 3.3 ohm coil. Higher voltage also stresses reed tube more. As wire heats resistance goes up. Anyway, voltage diff on coil should be no higher than 2.0 volts for that 1.2 ohm to hold, which suggests there is significant voltage drop on wires. (2.0 volts/1.2ohm = 1.66 amps) I'm sure you could run this off 2xaa ni-hm batteries as well. 1N4007's cost around 0.1-0.3€ a pop...

do u know what battery it comes with.. i assumed it came with a 3 volt primary lithium cell but could well be wrong.. it might come with the new 1.5 volt AA sized lithium cell..

i aint gonna buy one to find out.. but would like to know..

trog

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
do u know what battery it comes with.. i assumed it came with a 3 volt primary lithium cell but could well be wrong.. it might come with the new 1.5 volt AA sized lithium cell..

i aint gonna buy one to find out.. but would like to know..

trog

jigtg said:
battery: "forte battery cr16670 3.0v 4/3a size", 2.94v(no load)
atomizer coil resistance: 1.2 ohms
while atomizing: 1.60-1.65 amps, 2.54v at battery leads
Air flow switch uses reed tube. One discrete component(transistor?) to drive led, nothing else. No ultrasonics here.

Entire thing, including atomizer coil, can be disassembled without damaging anything. It took nearly 3 hours to disassemble and assemble at the first time. Wires they used are very thin and break from solders easily. Full disassembly and assembly should take no more than 15 minutes now that I know how it is assembled. I lost one silicon gasket that seperates atomizer and battery but I don't think that is absolutelly necessary. Was unsure which way "atomizer can" would come out. Everything comes out from the head side. I plan to rewind the coil with 0.1 or 0.2mm nichrome wire when cart/battery runs out. dx sells lots of 16340/CR123A batteries at laughable price. Manufacturers might fib a bit about the battery sizes so not sure 2x16340/CR123A in parallel(in series physically) would actually fit diameter or length wise. I'll probably go for sku.8683 .

The only thing that could make heath cigar better modding wise is that it would come with li-ion charger. I doubt big e-cigars will ever have problems with hard draw. It's just the way atomizers are with these.

100'th message and no ban, woohoo! Where is my whisky bottle?

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
there isnt ultrasonics in any of them.. so this one comes with a normal lithium primary 16670 running at 3 volts.. the current draw seems to be double the normal type which varies around .75 to nearly 1 amp..

i would guess they are using a much larger heater coil than normal (rechargeable) e cigs..

the cell is quite a big one as lithium cells go.. well able to handle the current draw..

a normal mini e cig i uses a 08440 rechargeable of around 130 mah.. useless..

a pipes comes with an 18340 of around 900 mah-ish.. but still draws less than an amp.. from a battery point of view works well..

u make no mention of the "wick" arrangement.. dosnt the disposable have one.. no little absorbent piece which the heater coil is a wrapped around.. ????

the "wick" thing is the main problems with normal e cigs.. after a short while it ceases to be one and the atomizer loses its ability to produce vapour..

a pic of one with the wire wool bridge peace removed..

coil.jpg

the disposable seems to be a very basic design made to last as long as it has to.. its interesting how much current they pump thru the atomizer thow..

trog

ps.. thats a pipe one.. noticable bigger than an cig one but dosnt draw much more current.. we gave the pipe atomizer a life time of around three weeks.. after that they simple didnt produce enough vapour..

Last edited:

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
ruyan_atom1.jpg
On top of that comes another steel wool ring and bridge. Wire is very thin compaired to others I have seen.
As you can see there are no small holes that could clog.

2 volts^2/(1.2 ohms*1.05) = 3.1746 watts. Pretty normal if you ask me. 1.05 for 5% increase in resistance when fully heated. See
"Increase in Resistance with Temperature" of Wire: Nichrome (tm) & Other Resistance Alloys - Tech Data

I do not believe wick in atomizer burns. Silica, which I guess this is, can stand 1500C without melting, so if anything it just gets dirty.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
its what causes atomizers not to last long thow.. the coil rarely fails.. we think the wick is just wick.. not heat resistant silica gel..

u are assuming way to much with these things.. ultrasonics.. burn proof wicks.. u are way off.. they are cruder than u think they are.. stop assuming and start taking a few more apart.. u might know then and not have to "assume"..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread