Naz's Ruyan #1 Disposable Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Hey Emp- Thanks- I think you'll find it's 'like a cigar' but unlike one too- enough so that I really think you'll enjoy smoking it often whereas, like you say, real cigars arem ore of an 'occassional' smoke. The flavor is one that I think you will really enjoy, and is much better even than any Cartridges flavors I've tried- it just packs more punch really than anyhtign I've experienced- but it's a mild enough punch that it's quite pelasant.

I am now at 1600 puffs- still going, although the inhale is gettign a bit light- the mouth tingle is still here, and the puff/exhale vapor is still doign well- abotu hte same as my last post. The taste though has changed slightly, and I guess I would describe it as just starting to get bland- like all cartridges will do when htey are begiinning to get dry I guess- The flavor is still there, but it's just in hte beginnign stages of gettign bland- ever so lsightly though, but enough to be noticeable, even at 1600 puffs. I would probably recommend takign soem Ruyan cigar liquid and refilling at probably 1400, just to top off the strength and taste a bit for the remainder of the life of the cigar- but really, the taste is still going- just a bit weaker, but not bad- so if ya just want to keep going without refilling, It is my opinion that you can do so nicely for at least 1600, and we'll see if it goes to 1800- even 2000. If it becomes too bland and vapor too weak at 1800 though, I'm goign to end the experiement and top off the cartridge and begin the second phase of the test- how long it lasts with refilling- until the battery dies completely. Battery is still goign quite well for now though.

I should hit 1800 later this afternnoon, and might even get 2000 by tonight, at which point I'll give my report.

Yep- Wayne is a super good guy- Nothign but praise for his fast service, friendly fast email responses, great prices etc. wil ldefinately be buyign there again very soon.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I'm coming to realize cost is not uniform. Naz said he had to pay, what, $70 for a carton of cigarettes? Where I live, we have some of the lowest tobacco taxes anywhere. A carton of namebrand cigarettes is $22. After tax. I did a carton a week until 13 months ago.

I also used Dean's Lil Cigars, which are $8.40 a carton!! In Florida, our tobacco store shelves groan under the weight of the new little cigars that are replacing cigarettes (they aren't subject to cigarette taxes). Most are about $1 a pack of 20. Strong enough that a pack is good for a day.

I understand the e-smoking appeal to the pocket for many. For me, it seems expensive compared to smoking tobacco cigs.

If I had those prices where I live- I probably would have never even concidered esmoking because I probably never would have discovered them. Those prices in Florida are insanely low! I can only wish for prices liek that unfortunately. I guess though, for you at least, (and us too I guess) is hte fact that while it mgith be more expensive to esmoke, it is most likely much more healthy, and in the case of the Ruyan throwaways, quite tasty and remiscent of smoking an actual very mild cigar too. While a bit expensive, I find the health factor to be an important key issue when deciding to esmoke. As it stands, I liek hte throwaways with their multiple atomizers, their taste, convenience, and form factors. I never really cared for the penstyles or the standard ahrd to draw, short cart-life minis. Although less expensive for sure, they just don't appeal to me, and hteir history of breakign down in short manner was just frustratign to me. I just like hte idea of having lots of atomizers at hte ready- even if it is a bitm ore expensive. :)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
OK Folks, I am officially impressed with the Ruyan Disposable Cigar. I have reached 1950 full puffs, and it has just now begun to degrade as far as vapor and taste and tingle (It began around 1900, but was still going quite ok until just a few minutes ago at 1950. If I place the cigar on end, so the battery is down, I'll get probably 10 good puffs now, but then it gets pretty weak, so I've reached the limit, and there's really no point trying to eek out anymore fro the cigar at hits point in my opinion. I'll move onto the next phase with refilling now. I really hate to move onto this phase because I really liked the cigar-like flavor quite a bit, and don't want to ruin it with other flavors lol. In fact, I think what I am goign to do is keep standign hte cigar on end for a few minutes, and keep vaping that way for a few puffs, just to keep the flavor goign for hte rest of night, and perhaps for a bit tomorrow until even that doesn't work anymore- then I'll begin with the refilling

The taste and vapor and tingle remained very nice and noticeable al all the way through till about 1930, then started dropping off pretty significantly at that point, so it is very close to being a 10 pack equivalent vapor-wise- although nicotine-wise, I think you'll get pretty good nic for 1/2 to 2/3's the way through in my experience.

For those looking for a very nice enjoyable smoke, I heartily recommend this throwaway, and can state that it is a very enjoyable after meal vape as the taste just really compliments the taste of food, honest- after meals is when I think I enjoyed smoking hits the most, perhaps because the pallet was fresh with other tastes, and when hit with the cigar vapor, it just seemed a bit stronger and more pleasant. The tingle really did hold up almost all the way to the 1950 point

I believe you will almost certainly get 1800, and most likely get 1900 and still be enjoying it even if the vapor is a bit less at that point as the flavor will still be enough that you'll just really enjoy and look forward to vaping the cigar- I know I certainly did. This is one product I enthusiastically endorse, and will enjoy just that much more if the refilling produces any extended vaping.

For those who might be hesitating, I would just say "What are you waiting for?" :) Heavengifts is awaiting your orders :)

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
"That's pretty impressive. Must have one hell of a battery inside. Be interesting to know what it is."

at a guess one of these.. least it should if ruyan have any sense....

Energizer® Ultimate Lithium Batteries

For the countless electronic gadgets that you can’t live without, get the latest lithium battery technology that’s proven to be the world’s longest lasting AA and AAA batteries in high-tech devices.

Other things you should know:

* Last up to 8x longer in digital cameras (versus Energizer® MAX®. results vary by camera.)
* Weigh 1/3 less than standard alkaline batteries
* Perform in extreme temperatures from -40°F to 140°F
* 15 year storage life
* Leak resistant construction

AA sized 2900 mah... weight 15 grams.. roughly 15 times the capacity the average rubbish cig sized mini battery has..

they might just be really mean and use the AAA sized one..

for a two dollar battery.. one dollar cart.. and two dollar atomizer wrapped up in paper to look like a cigar ruyan are taking yer eyes out..

still.. they do say there is one born every minute..

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Phillip- I'm not sure yet what the battery is- I won't know until it's drained down to point it's no longer functing well enough- then I'll rip it apart- Dusty said he was going to rip his apart too & he's further along with his than mine- so we might get an answer sooner from him.

Trog, I don't mind paying more for a cigarl ike htis as currently it's very likely the best tasting, smoking product on the market right now- it's been a very enjoyable smoking experience for me, and if it goes for awhile with refilling, then I say great- I'll just have to find some liquid somewhere that matches what was in the cartridge for taste and tingle. I'd love it if they were $10-$15 dollars cheaper, but right now we don't really have a choice except for the $15 cigars at Bestecig, but noone knows yet abotu their shipping, and I'm sure hte liquid they use isn't as good, and who knows how well theirs performs?

It has been my experience that these cigars last the = of just abotu 10 packs- a carton of Ciggs- without any refilling, and that = $30 a carton for htese cigars as compared to $65-$70 for a carton of Ciggs where I live- While the cigar might be expensive per cigar, it's certainly a heck of a lot less expensive for me than regular smoking, and it's most likely much healthier- two very important issues as far as I'm concerned. Plus they taste great- much much better than the nasty old real ciggs- so I don't mind payign for those positives and paying 1/2 less than I would for real ciggs to boot. Plus you have to figure that if I can get another 2000 puffs with refilling- I've just cut the price in half again so they'd work out to $15 per cigar. I'm not sure if hte battery will go that long- but Leaford has been using his disposable cigar with refillign for a month and half now- I certainly won't get that long as I smoke it much more thna he does, but we'll see.

TB I spoke with Janty USA and hte cigar liquid isn't the same- it doesn't evaporate in the lungs, which I really want, and not sure if it tingles liek the Ruyan liquid in the disposables does- I think that's an important issue in the taste, cigar-like category, but I'll probably send away for a few cigar cartridges of different flavors includign hteir cigar one, and see if it'll suffice for refilling- maybe 1/2 RY#4 and 1/2 cigar will make a nice smoking jucie. I'm goign to email Ruyan and ask if there's any way we can get bottles of hteir disposable cigar jucie- if so- We've got an almost perfect set up I'd say.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
i wonder how different the bling is regarding taste naz you will have to let me know :D

Send me a cartridge & i'll let ya know :) Gonna be awhile till I get a bling I'm afraid, But I could order a 5 pack of bling cartridges, just not sure what flavor they are? Will have to check out JantyUSA site to see if they carry the bling cartridges- I could squeeze htem out & compare.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
OK folks, my battery died- not quite completely, I can still get hte led to light for 1-2 seconds, but the draw is hard and very little vapor even with hte refill HOWEVER, during my previous test, I dropped the cigar on a wood floor and it laded with a solid hard thunk- I was worried that I'd broken it, but picked it up, and it started smoking again after a few inhales, so I'm not sure if that is playing into htis or not, but htere ya go. I'll have to wait to see how long my next battery goes provided I don't drop it again, so don't go by this experience, just htought I'd mention it just incase the battery does only go around a certain number of inhales plus or minus a few hundred or so. Kinda dissappointed as I wanted to start the refillign test right away, but now I'll have to wait for about a week until I finish hte prefilled juice in my next cigar- I'm goign to smoke this next one more liek a real cig though, 10 puffs, put aside for 10 or 15 minutes take 10 more puffs (sometimes I chain smoke two regular ciggs right in a row, so I mgith occassionally take 20 puffs off cigar then set aside). If the cigar can last me 10 days with good flavor, tingle, and vapor, I'll be quite happy- at $30 as compared to $65-$70 for real ciggs, per carton, I'd much rather smoke hte cigar thank you very kindly lol :)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I ordered a set of 5 TB- I did drop the cigar and it landed quite hard flat on it's side- I'm not sure if that is what contributed to the demise, or if pulling off the cartridge to refill somehow managed to skew a wire just enough that it broke the connection just enough that it's intermittenly connecting or what- the Cigar was workign fine last night and htis morning, then I took cartridge out to add soem of Cashme's cigar liquid he sent me, and wham- it just stoped workign- I'm goign ot dissassemble the whole unit- taking pictures as I go, to see what's up inside, and whetehr another battery can be soldered in or what. Not looking for it to work, but if it does, then will be a fun experiemnt. At any rate- I got my 9 1/2 packs of smokes worth of vaping out of it, & we'll see what a cigar does that isn't dropped and smoked a bit more conventionally instead of hammering on it liek I did the last 3 days- I was pretty rough with hte inhales- doing straight inhales for 7-8 seconds, puffing for 25 straight full puffs in a row etc. Not sure hwat hte "Now order another one" comment is about- I know you think they're overpriced and htat perhaps only the foolish would buy htem, but hopefully your comment wasn't subtle jab with htat thought in mind

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Naz, I was making a businessman's statement: Now, order another one. In other words, it worked exactly as advertised. It was never meant to be refilled or to have a battery replaced. There are already devices that are refillable and rechargeable.

Not poking any fun at you. Just saying Ruyan got it perfect: Both things must die at nearly the same time. And so they did.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Naz, I was making a businessman's statement: Now, order another one. In other words, it worked exactly as advertised. It was never meant to be refilled or to have a battery replaced. There are already devices that are refillable and rechargeable.

Not poking any fun at you. Just saying Ruyan got it perfect: Both things must die at nearly the same time. And so they did.

I can definately replace thebattery easily enough- I took a 9 volt, just to test, and it produced vapor, tried hooking up a 2.9 converter plugged direct into the wall- got nothign- we checked the battery with two volt meters- one showed it was meh- still in ok range- the other showed it was just under 3 volt- it appears the battery juice needs to be 3 volts, and if it drops just a bit- that's it. Going to try to find a 3 volt lithium battery somewhere & see if it works- but it's definately replaceable with just a little bit of soldering- not sure if it will be worth it depending on how much a battery is, but well see- it appears that the cigar battery is a special one with two 1.5 volts stuck together end to end- but I can buy smaller 3 volt lithiums- we'll see. They haven't beat me yet lol

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
for a two dollar battery.. one dollar cart.. and two dollar atomizer wrapped up in paper to look like a cigar ruyan. are taking yer eyes out..
still.. they do say there is one born every minute..

in fairness, though the cost could come down in price, there are factors other than raw materials to account for. machinery, rent, wages, research, electricity etc and they have to make a profit. its like the restaurant business, their profit is not the difference between food cost and sale. you have to pay out for a ream of .....

i think the cost is quite reasonable and is probably only do-able as a result of the poor conditions some chinese factory workers face. I would pay more if i knew they got a decent wage and fair working conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread