Ruyan Disposable Cigar Review by a Cigar Aficionado

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
First of all, I apologize that this is only a text review with no video, despite having hundreds of dollars in image-editing and flash-composing software, I don't have anything to edit videos with.

As a big cigar fan, I had been looking forward to trying one of the Ruyan disposable cigars. Just to give you some background information, I have two humidors, and they were completely full until recently (can't keep them full now being out of work though), and I've smoked hundreds of cigars from all over the world, to the point where I could tell you the country that the tobacco was grown in just by taste, like any other cigar connoisseur. I've smoked rare cigars that some cigar smokers have never seen in their lifetime. Besides all of the first-class cigars I've smoked, I've also smoked a lot of the cheaper machine made ones that are more sweet and mild, like backwoods, as a replacement for cigarettes at one point, although these things have no right to be called cigars.

Anyway, I got my 2 pack today, and I really wanted to love these, but I'm afraid that I can't say that I do. First off, the flavor is nothing like a real cigar. It's very sweet and flat, by flat I mean it doesn't have the richness of a real cigar. I would say that this is sweeter then some candies. I know it's hard for a flavor to not be sweet because of the PG/VG, but this is sweeter then many other e-liquids I've tried. This tastes less like tobacco then any other tobacco flavor I've tried. I mean, the flavor is pleasant, but nothing like a cigar. Maybe a really mild cigar that's been over-flavored, like a backwoods honey berry, but those don't taste like cigars anyway.

Having such a large battery and atomizer, I was expecting this thing to be a vapor power-house, yet it produces the same amount, or maybe even slightly less vapor, then my super-mini (RN4081). And if you inhale into the lungs you barely get any vapor on the exhale, as others have already said. But then again, a cigar is not mean to be inhaled into the lungs. However, I've noticed that sometimes atomizers take a day or two to wear in and start producing their full-capacity of vapor, so I'll keep you guys updated.

Also, I've only been using it for an hour, so I can't comment on battery life obviously, so I shall note the amount of hours it lasted when it's time has come. At that point, an autopsy will be done and I will determine if it would be possible for me to bring it back to life.

Overall, I'm not impressed. I do like the covering on the outside of it, it looks almost exactly like a real cigar, except for the LED. There's even veins and imperfections in the wrap,which leads me to believe that it could actually be a real tobacco leaf. Actually, if I put my nose close to it and sniff, I do get a faint whiff of tobacco, so it's quite likely that this is a real tobacco leaf, albeit treated with chemicals so it doesn't dry out and tear, but a tobacco leaf nonetheless.

I would imagine that this would be great for a night out on the town, as you wouldn't have to worry about batteries dying, atomizers failing, or cartridges drying out, but as a replacement for a real cigar, I don't think any cigar lover is going to be trading this in for their Cohiba, no matter how bad they want to stop smoking.

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
i used to roll my doobies in Backwoods! Thanks for the post and please take pictures when you autopsy that cigar.

I'll be sure to do so.

You know, I thought the flavor would grow on me, but the more I puff on this thing the more I dislike the flavor. I'm only continuing to use it because I'm having a problem with one of my atomizers for my RN4081, and I'm waiting for a replacement for my first atomizer to come still.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I'll be sure to do so.

You know, I thought the flavor would grow on me, but the more I puff on this thing the more I dislike the flavor. I'm only continuing to use it because I'm having a problem with one of my atomizers for my RN4081, and I'm waiting for a replacement for my first atomizer to come still.

Hey I thought the exact same way you did at first, the taste and hit were do big deal, actually a huge disapointment however, after I found that you can pull the tip off and top off, over and over, this thing will not stop, and it is almost 3 full weeks, I am not on it all day, by no means, but as a change, especially for feel, which I love the size, it has performed as well as a handful of other cigs out there. Plus the 2 pack packaging is nice, compared to the way, my e cigar came in., Which is okay, maybe I am difficult to please

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hey I thought the exact same way you did at first, the taste and hit were do big deal, actually a huge disapointment however, after I found that you can pull the tip off and top off, over and over, this thing will not stop, and it is almost 3 full weeks, I am not on it all day, by no means, but as a change, especially for feel, which I love the size, it has performed as well as a handful of other cigs out there. Plus the 2 pack packaging is nice, compared to the way, my e cigar came in., Which is okay, maybe I am difficult to please

I've heard that normally the battery dies out before the liquid dries up though. Did you find a way to recharge the battery?

Also did you have the one that you had to push together or the newer one where you just take off the plastic cap and then pull out the plug from the mouthpiece hole?

When mine dies I plan on taking it apart to see if there's anything I can do to recharge the battery or connect the atomizer to some other power source.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
Has any one tried the bling...is it any good?

yep bling is good giving a nice hit with good tobacco taste but lacks the full lung smoke feeling so if thats what you want, dont buy!

I still use my bling everyday but need another device to get the lung full of smoke feel :)

And it performs far better than the disposable

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Ted....How does it compare your mini pipe? I have killed 4 atomizers and a switch of the pipe in one month. I killed 2 atomizer in the last couple of days....I was only using them for 6 days. I need to replace the mini-pipe with something similar. My 801 atomizer taste like sh-t...Ive had no luck this last couple of weeks...I am desperate.LOL Give me a suggestion....Please.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
Ted....How does it compare your mini pipe? I have killed 4 atomizers and a switch of the pipe in one month. I killed 2 atomizer in the last couple of days....I was only using them for 6 days. I need to replace the mini-pipe with something similar. My 801 atomizer taste like sh-t...Ive had no luck this last couple of weeks...I am desperate.LOL Give me a suggestion....Please.

Ha ha join the searching for a device that works for longer than a day club!!

I also have the mini pipe and the atomizers are lasting about 6/7 days before they are useless.

The bling works for about 3 months before strting to tail off and tastes fab but wont fill your lungs like the pipe.

All the items have there faults and i am afraid the holy grail of e-cigs is not around the corner but if you see atomizers as disposable then its already here!

Source the cheapest juice you can and stock up on atomizers is my advice.

Also find a device which has cheap replacable batts

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
I've heard that normally the battery dies out before the liquid dries up though. Did you find a way to recharge the battery?

Also did you have the one that you had to push together or the newer one where you just take off the plastic cap and then pull out the plug from the mouthpiece hole?

When mine dies I plan on taking it apart to see if there's anything I can do to recharge the battery or connect the atomizer to some other power source.

Leaford did a video on topping off the cart, but it's no longer available.
if i remember right, it produced tons of vapor using different liquid.

i was interested in the concept because of the long battery life, huge cart and the price seemed fair for the amount of use.

if the battery could be recharged and you could use your own liquid, i thought it might be worthwhile.

please keep us posted DCrist721 and thanks for the review.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC

Hi mine is the one to take off the tip, but after maybe a week, I discovered I can pull the tip, I did, looked at the filler and loaded it up with juice, several times, then I have replaced the filler with newer and still smokes, it does not appear to be tailing off at all

As I mentioned, it is almost over 3 weeks and I do hit it everyday, not all day, but I switch between all my stuff and that is always a part
I would buy the 5 pack and plan on lasting awhile

good luck with taking your apart

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
have you tried any of the cigar flavor type liquids?
I would love something that taste like a nice Ashton maduro

Yeah, I've tried a couple of cigar liquids, but not of them even vaguely resemble the taste of a cigar. If you blindfolded me and had me vape these, I would never figure out that they were supposed to be cigar flavors. This one reminds me the slightest bit of a machine-rolled "cigar" like a flavored backwoods cigar, but I think it's more the kind of sweet molasses-like taste of the flavorings used for the "cigar" rather then the tobacco itself. But any real cigar lover will tell you that "cigars" such as these ahould not be called cigars, they're more like jumbo cigarettes with natural wrappers. The tobacco is of a much lower quality.

I know it's sad, but unfortunately there is no flavor that even comes close to a cigar for us cigar lovers. We can only hope that someone comes out with a better cigar flavor in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread