Nemesis Magnet Switch Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
So I got some Nemesis magnets for my hcigar Nemesis from VapeRoyalty, but I am having a few problems with them...

First off I have to un-screw the bottom pin/post on the bottom switch almost all the way completely out for it to make proper connection with the 18650 battery to fire? Which then makes the firing button kinda wobbly feeling? Is this normal?

All the Youtube videos I have watched on the Nemesis pretty much screw the bottom pin/post on the bottom switch all the way in, and it works for them? Not mine...

Second I keep hearing everyone say that once you upgrade to magnets that you can put any size rba on the Nemesis standing up and it wont fire? Well I just have a Trident rba on my Nemesis right now, and it will fire like crazy if I try standing it up? What gives?

Are certain magnets suppose to be better than other magnets? Its almost like these magnets arnt "strong" enough?

Last edited:

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
Did you remove the 5mm kick/fuse/beauty ring?

Is plastic insulator seated?

Pics?

Is it a must to remove the beauty ring for it to properly work better? If so whys the beauty ring even there?

The plastic insulator is seated correctly as far as I know.

Ill take some pics, and post them later...

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Unless you are running a fuse that 5mm ring may have to go to avoid batt rattle.
If your batt is longer than mine there is a chance 5mm will work.

Does your black insulator fit like mine?

Attachments

• DSC_3262.jpg
    DSC_3262.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 176

BabyCrusher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
If your battery moves, you need to adjust both of your contact points. I actually bought longer screws for the top contact because it still wouldn't contact at both extremes. Less than $. 20 I think.

If I use a kick it's fine. Without the kick tube there is just enough room to need a longer screw. Sucks, sure, but I paid $20 not $200

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
If your battery moves, you need to adjust both of your contact points. I actually bought longer screws for the top contact because it still wouldn't contact at both extremes. Less than $. 20 I think.

If I use a kick it's fine. Without the kick tube there is just enough room to need a longer screw. Sucks, sure, but I paid $20 not $200
I have been hearing about people using longer pin/post screws in the top cap. Is there any place in the US that I can order these longer pin/post screws from? Or is there a certain type/size of screw that I can possibly pickup at the local hardware store that will work?

Rosco P. Coltrane

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
USA
Remove the beauty ring. I have the same device and the ring is used when you throw in a Kick. You can also double up on magnets for a stiffer button and that should also prevent it from firing with heavier tanks.

eta: ss will conduct but there will be more voltage drop then if u use the pin it comes with, at least mine does when I tried to keep the ring with no kick and longer screws. Eventually I just asked myself why I was trying so hard to keep a brass ring on the thing...

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Can you elaborate on this?

Are you saying to place a magnet in between the battery positive & the positive post screw? Pics?

Yes, it is done quite often with Flat top batteries. Provari cannot use a flat top, but it will work with one with a tiny magnet on top.

FatDaddy is even including 3 magnets with purchase of his MNKE batteries.
Magnet_Spacer.jpg
Stack as needed for height.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have the brass Nemmy,to make the switch smooth as butter,just remove the small brass spring from the switch and then ''seat'' the other spring into the top groove,no need for magnets here.

I have magnets in the mail but may not use.
I'm enjoying nemmy w/o switch lock pin because switch is free to rotate and I get smoother actuation.
I tend to loosen switch when I use pin; guess my pinky rotates.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I have magnets in the mail but may not use.
I'm enjoying nemmy w/o switch lock pin because switch is free to rotate and I get smoother actuation.
I tend to loosen switch when I use pin; guess my pinky rotates.

Be careful if you remove the pin ''key'',its there too prevent the firing pin from looseing off and may make the mod self fire.I have heard a story where a guy got burnt.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Be careful if you remove the pin ''key'',its there too prevent the firing pin from looseing off and may make the mod self fire.I have heard a story where a guy got burnt.

The key locks rotation of switch post to switch body while allowing actuation.
I torque bottom contact w/ pliers; near zero chance of auto fire.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I left the pin in with the smaller spring removed,now its smooth as silk,I LOVE THIS MOD.
Love the way the locking rings spins with the flick of my finger,be careful not too apply too much pressure on the lock ring when using of it will ''squeese down'' onto the treads of the mod and feel tight.All it takes is a light touch with a spin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread