New,Need to Quit Smoking,Looking for Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniemarie

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2015
Albuquerque NM
Hello I have been lurking for a week reading and filling my notebook with all sorts of info.
I have 1 month to quit and then I move into a no smoking building.
I want a system that fits with my smoking style for the time being. That means on demand and on the go. I roll my own from organic tobacco so its a bit difficult to say how many I smoke a day. I light one take a few puffs, put it down and it goes out….10 minutes later I light it again, and so on.
I go through about 3 1.4 oz pouches of tobacco a month.
I need something that is familiar to me. Something small, round, not fussy or difficult to master .
I have read a lot on the Itty, Bitty section of the forum and gathered a few ideas.
Joytech Eroll or Ecab
Ovale emini
Ego one mini
Not much available in my town, but I can get a Ovale emini kit for $40 or a Ego one mini kit for $50
If I am going to spend that much since I am new to all of this I want it to be local so I can go to the shop for any problems with the equipment.
Online I saw an Ecab starter kit for $20…. I don't mind buying online if I find things for 20 or under.
Any tips, suggestions, opinions, please lay um on me.
Im going to keep my questions about e-liquid in a separate post after I get through the decision of what equipment to buy……my brain can overload quite quickly. Thanks everyone and thanks for such a great place to get help with this annoying but very pleasurable habit.
I feel lucky to have found you guys

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Need to go to some vape shops. Try a few juices and talk to sales folks and tell them your on a limited income. You should be buying for long term savings eventually.
The most cost effective way I found is a built in battery reg. box mod Istick 30w (~$30). and a dripper (RDA). Learning curve for box mod --s/b no problem. Dripper (magma RDA ~ $10) much more difficult to learn but doable. Juice, need to learn DIY basics.
For now, recommend an expensive vape kit. Then study DIY (making you own e-liquid). Then look into Mod and dripper.
You want the most efficient vape for the money so you will be vaping at approx. 1.5 ohms with a dripper.
For DIY --long term savings:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
ref: 10 Ways to Save Money & Start Vaping Cheap | Cheap E-Cig Deals
Use search function regarding smoke detectors.
If you have any additional questions just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner and I will get back to this thread.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hello I have been lurking for a week reading and filling my notebook with all sorts of info.
I have 1 month to quit and then I move into a no smoking building.
I want a system that fits with my smoking style for the time being. That means on demand and on the go. I roll my own from organic tobacco so its a bit difficult to say how many I smoke a day. I light one take a few puffs, put it down and it goes out….10 minutes later I light it again, and so on.
I go through about 3 1.4 oz pouches of tobacco a month.
I need something that is familiar to me. Something small, round, not fussy or difficult to master .
I have read a lot on the Itty, Bitty section of the forum and gathered a few ideas.
Joytech Eroll or Ecab
Ovale emini
Ego one mini
Not much available in my town, but I can get a Ovale emini kit for $40 or a Ego one mini kit for $50
If I am going to spend that much since I am new to all of this I want it to be local so I can go to the shop for any problems with the equipment.
Online I saw an Ecab starter kit for $20…. I don't mind buying online if I find things for 20 or under.
Any tips, suggestions, opinions, please lay um on me.
Im going to keep my questions about e-liquid in a separate post after I get through the decision of what equipment to buy……my brain can overload quite quickly. Thanks everyone and thanks for such a great place to get help with this annoying but very pleasurable habit.
I feel lucky to have found you guys

A lady with a solid plan! You have a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. Your logic of buying local for the beginner support is pretty sound as well. Just make sure that THEY understand why you are paying a premium over internet pricing, so there is no misunderstanding with that arrangement. Welcome to ECF, Good luck on quitting!

I am not familiar with any of those particular setups, but I think if you have settled on those choices, I definitely see more people using, and being quite happy, with the Ego one mini kit.

I would suggest you purchase TWO batteries, minimum. Backups are SO important, since you can't just pop into a gas station and get another if anything goes south with your equipment. So let me suggest this option, if your local store carries the Ego One Mini kit. You can purchase these online for $35, so TWO would only be an additional $20. Then, purchase your spare coils and your juice from your local store. That should be enough to be able to count on them for a little support should you need it. You can get the Ego One Mini Kit for $35 here:
Joyetech eGo One Mini Starter Kit ⋆ MistHub

Don't skip entering the contests here to try to win free gear and ejuice, as well. Make a post in the current contest for a chance to win, and register for more chances to win as well, here:
Running - It's winning time again! 250 Joyetech eVic VTC Minis up for grabs.... :)

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread