Newbie in need of help, Which SVD to choose standalone or kit ?, Batteries ? (protected / unprotected ?), Clearomizers or tanks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blineboy

Jul 26, 2013
UK
Hi everyone, i currently smoke a few cigarettes a day but i am looking to swap my habit with an e-cigarette. I have in the past, had a try of my brothers ego pen and i enjoyed it but the PG juices were irritating my skin. So i went ahead and ordered some 100% VG juice today and made a start into the transition. I really like the idea of getting a SVD, as all that i have heard of whilst doing lots of reading on here about it is praise, but would really appreciate some further help and guidance getting me set up. Please keep in mind i wish to keep my costs down as low as possible at this time.

I see that there are two SVD for sale on fasttech SVD]$45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - blue / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Battery Compartment and $60.08 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Set - w/ 2 x iClear30 atomizers and heating cores at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Would i really need the telescopic tube extension in the more expensive package ?
  • What is its benefit ?

If i bought the standalone,

• Which make of battery ? protected battery or non protected ? is there a limit to the mah the battery could be ?
  • What type of charger ?
  • Which tank / clearomiser would you recommend for VG juice that would work well with the SVD ?

thanks for reading

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
First link (cheaper one) says, "Telescopic Tube supports 18350, 18500 or 18650 batteries".
Second link also says, "Telescopic Tube supports 18350, 18500 or 18650 batteries".

Aw imr batteries is what you need, either 18350 or 18650. I get mine at super t manufacturing, but there are other recommended places. The 18650 Panasonic (18650ch) are also really good. I have a trustfire charger. They are not well regarded here, but I have had no problems with mine.

Lots of tanks or clearomizers would work.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
The SVD kit looks as if it has an add on telescope. maybe for more batteries ? or am i just seeing things. Or is it just the same as the lesser one but with two iclear 30 atomizers included.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It is a little confusing. I was under the impression that the $37 kit just has the tube (telescoping tube), but not the clearomizers. From what I know, the itaste is telescoping. I didn't think there were any extensions that could be added. But I can definitely see how those two descriptions could give a different impression. Hopefully someone will come along who has purchased, and they can confirm.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
You either need to buy the kit, or you need to buy the standalone and add batteries and a charger. Kits are generally the better deal, but they don't allow you to customize your accessories. This particular kit, though, does not come with the batteries or the charger, just the iclear's which are ok, but there are better clearos out there. Recommend you get the standalone. Then add the following:

Charger: http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

Batteries: $11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Add some clearos: $12.64 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (5-Pack / 1.5mL) - 2.0

Add some replacement heads: $4.05 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Atomizer Heating Cores (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.0

Add a tank, maybe: $10.28 Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL) - silver / 2.4

The spare evod and protank coils are interchangeable. The telescoping tube allows you to use 18350, 18500 or 18650 batts. It's what makes this such a nice APV. Otherwise, get the Vamo kit with everythnig included, it's less money. I have the SVD and it's a very nice APV. My only problem is that my fingers cannot find the fire button. I often adjust voltage/wattage without meaning too. Annoying. Also, the display is backwards. It's a "lefty." Otherwise, outstanding in every way. Good luck!

Edit:

Add an air flow controller to the Protank, and you will have the best clearo on the market:

http://www.madvapes.com/tank-airflow-controller.html

The AFC customizes and tightens up the draw. Very nice. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
So Bill, the battery tubes are the same for both links right? I've had the svd in my cart at fasttech for 2 weeks now with my finger hovering, and it never occurred to me that the tubes were different between the kit and the tube alone option.

Yes. It's a fabulous deal in the standalone package. Add the other very good gear, you'll be happy. Excellent charger and the best batts on thsir site for vaping. There's one other new batt that's getting some attention now, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. These are excellent. You may also want to buy some 18350 batteries. I prefer my APV's in 18350 mode. Just suits my hand, mind better, lol. Best to you!

Edit:

Btw, some vets are now recommending the Pannies over the AW's. Live and learn.

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Yes. It's a fabulous deal in the standalone package. Add the other very good gear, you'll be happy. Excellent charger and the best batts on thsir site for vaping. There's one other new batt that's getting some attention now, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. These are excellent. You may also want to buy some 18350 batteries. I prefer my APV's in 18350 mode. Just suits my hand, mind better, lol. Best to you!

What's the other that's getting attention?

I've got a provari and a vamo, but the itaste looks sexy to me. Lol. I also prefer the size of 18350, but prefer 18650 for vaping time.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
What's the other that's getting attention?

I've got a provari and a vamo, but the itaste looks sexy to me. Lol. I also prefer the size of 18350, but prefer 18650 for vaping time.

It's a Sony and I'll have to look it up for the exact match. I didn't see it on Fasttech, which is weird, because that is where I think others said it was. I'll research and get back to you on this. OR SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS CAN CHIME IN, on this new Sony. Best.

Edit:

ok, found the batt that others are now liking:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...us18650vtc3-18650-1600mah-37v-rechargeable-li

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Oh, I thought you were talking about battery tubes. Yes, I have the panny. Two of them. They are fantastic. I didn't get them from fasttech, but I've seen them on there, and the prices are great.

These are the ones I have $11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Right. These are the same as I mentioned earlier. The new batts that has some in a drool are the Sony's:

$11.72 Sony US18650VTC3 18650 1600mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - 30A discharge at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit:
I can't vouch for these though, and the markings don't seem correct. I would not order these at this time until some additional information is known.

blineboy

Jul 26, 2013
UK
Blineboy- sorry to hijack your thread. Hopefully some of the info was useful to you though!

No worries at all, it has given me better insight with you both here. so thank you guys.

The airflow controller is out of stock will leave that one for now,

The Kanger Protank is also out of stock.

So will get the SVD, Some Evod's, EVOD heating Cores, Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries and a charger for it.

What is the difference between

$11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and

$8.83 Panasonic CGR18650CG 3.6V 2250mAh 18650 Rechargeable Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

They look identical except one is called CGR18650CH is 3.7v and is and the other is called CGR18650CG and is 3.6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread