Newbie in need of help, Which SVD to choose standalone or kit ?, Batteries ? (protected / unprotected ?), Clearomizers or tanks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The CGR18650CH batteries are IMR safe-chemistry batteries. You want to use safe chemistry batteries in your protected circuit APV. Batteries are the most important selection in vaping. Safe chemistry, when matched with protected APV's, is shown time and time again to be the best combination. There is debate here on that point. The overwhelming number of Vets say go IMR (lithium manganese) batts are best. I agree. Never go cheap on batts. That's a user error, and extremely rarely causes a catastrophic failure. Battery + Heat = Catastrophy.

blineboy

Jul 26, 2013
UK
The CGR18650CH batteries are IMR safe-chemistry batteries. You want to use safe chemistry batteries in your protected circuit APV. Batteries are the most important selection in Vaping. Safe chemistry, when matched with protected APV's, is shown time and time again to be the best combination. There is debate here on that point. The overwhelming number of Vets say go IMR (lithium manganese) batts are best. I agree. Never go cheap on batts. That's a user error, and extremely rarely causes a catastrophic failure. Battery + Heat = Catastrophy.

Cheers buddy.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Blineboy, I finally figured out the discrepancy! I had to go look at gotvapes site to figure it out. The $37 does come with one tube compared to the $60 one, which comes with two. The $37 itaste svd only has the short tube, but it will telescope to accept 18350 or 18650. The extra tube you get with the more expensive option is more for a nicer form factor if you are using an 18650. It makes to tube a uniform diameter all down the tube, rather than having a thin-thick form that you'd get with the shorter tube. Or something like that. They call the long tube the "extended grip" tube. Look at the 11th picture on the gotvapes svd page.

I don't know if I explained that correctly, but if you look at the itaste svd kit on the gotvapes site maybe it will make more sense.

Last edited:

blineboy

Jul 26, 2013
UK
Blineboy, I finally figured out the discrepancy! I had to go look at gotvapes site to figure it out. The $37 does come with one tube compared to the $60 one, which comes with two. The $37 itaste svd only has the short tube, but it will telescope to accept 18350 or 18650. The extra tube you get with the more expensive option is more for a nicer form factor if you are using an 18650. It makes to tube a uniform diameter all down the tube, rather than having a thin-thick form that you'd get with the shorter tube. Or something like that. They call the long tube the "extended grip" tube. Look at the 11th picture on the gotvapes svd page.

I don't know if I explained that correctly, but if you look at the itaste svd kit on the gotvapes site maybe it will make more sense.

Hi thank you for coming back to the thread with that information, it makes a lot more sense now what it is.

I went ahead on the same night i started this thread and with both your help i went on and purchased 2x Standalone SVD, 2x NiteCore I4 Chargers apposed to the 2 battery Nitecore I2 charger, 2x 2 pair of Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V batteries, a pack of 5 EVODs, and a 5 pack of spare EVOD heating cores. Hopefully that is myself and the brother sorted for now, so again really appreciate your time and advice. Take care guys and hopefully i will try and stay around as much as possible on this forum and stay up to date things. I am going away on vacation so it will be hard, but i will always be rest assured its the best place for all e-cigaratte related information thanks to people such as yourself. Many thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread