Spend my £50!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick5573

Aug 26, 2011
Oxford
Help needed!!

I have a £50 budget and would like to move on from my ego battery with boges.

I would like to get a VV mod that won’t be huge as I want to use out and about as well as at home.

I was considering the Vamo (but which model Vivi or V3??) or the Innoken itaste svd

V3 Vamo
$36.31 Vamo V3 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Vivi Vamo
$31.19 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Itaste SVD (not keen on its looks)
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The mvp seems a good option but seems strange having a box shape to me as so different to what im used to.

innoken MVP
$45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Oh wise e cig forum, Which other brilliant mods have I forgotten to consider??

Also

Will I see a big jump in performance from the ego bateries?

Thanks in advance

Nick

nick5573

Aug 26, 2011
Oxford
It's 132 mm. For comparison Vamo is 135 mm, so a little shorter then Vamo.

ah, but I was going to use the Vamo with 18350 batteries therefore shortening the length quite a bit.

I have never owned or seen one of these mods to be honest, even at that length are they at all subtle. Im imagining them the same sort of size as a tube of smarties. :blush:

Ddippel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Fayetteville/Fort Bragg NC, USA
Given that I own both the SVD and the Vamo (v2) I can definitely say I prefer the SVD, bought some 18350's to put in the vamo for when I go out, but I hardly ever use them, even in 18650 mode the SVD and Vamo are not unbearably long to me. They both easily fit in my shirt pocket with only the tank sticking out, giving me an easy access to pull it out when I need a cloud.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I would say go for the vamo if cost is a big concern. Keep in mind that you will still have to buy batteries and a charger. I know fast tech has a kit that has a nite core charger and good Panasonic batteries. Otherwise, stay away from kits when it comes to mods. They usually have cheap chargers and batteries.

nick5573

Aug 26, 2011
Oxford
I would say go for the vamo if cost is a big concern. Keep in mind that you will still have to buy batteries and a charger. I know fast tech has a kit that has a nite core charger and good Panasonic batteries. Otherwise, stay away from kits when it comes to mods. They usually have cheap chargers and batteries.

This is what my shopping cart looks like, do you think i should get that vamo or the V3 version?? Are the charger and batteries any good?

X9 Protank Atomizer with Plastic Tank (2.5ml) *SALE*X9, 2.5ml, Translucent, 2.5ΩSKU 1384900$4.23$4.23Remove Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery CompartmentBattery Tube, Stainless (Variable Voltage)SKU 1351803$31.19$31.19Remove Nitecore I2 Lithium Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger (EU)Nitecore I2: AC (EU)SKU 1319800$14.90$14.90Remove Universal UK Travel Charger Plug AdapterUK Plug, 13A, 250VSKU 1182200$1.30$1.30Remove ICR18350 18350 3.7V "900mAh" Rechargeable Lithium Battery900mAh (Actural 799.1mAh), GreySKU 1271001$4.39$8.78Remove USB Charger for EGO Electronic Cigarette10mlSKU 1270407$2.38$2.38Remove 650mAh/900mAh/1100mAh Stainless Steel Batteries for Ego Electronic Cigarette (3-Pack)Black, 3-PackSKU 1370002$14.55$14.55Remove
Shipping:

Total:

$77.33

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
I would recommend imr batteries like aw's or Panasonic, but those will do the trick. I think the only difference in the v2 and v3 are the v3 only has the rms mode while v2 has avg and rms. Rms is what you are going to want to use (at least likely) and you can do so with both so other than aesthetics it won't be much different. If I am missing another difference maybe someone could correct me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
If you do not currently own a battery charger and batteries,

I would suggest getting an ego winder/spinner/twist or two.
The pro-tank, maybe a mini pro tank or two.
The ego chargers and a few plinths/collars/cones that match.

Everything works the same as always, you just have "turbo" on the ego battery now.
If you find it is NOT your thing, just roll the dial all the way down and it is a normal battery.
Save your pennies for new heads and rebuildable supplies.

Have fun
I

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Help needed!!

I have a £50 budget and would like to move on from my ego battery with boges.

I would like to get a VV mod that won’t be huge as I want to use out and about as well as at home.

I was considering the Vamo (but which model Vivi or V3??) or the Innoken itaste svd

V3 Vamo
$36.31 Vamo V3 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Vivi Vamo
$31.19 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Itaste SVD (not keen on its looks)
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The mvp seems a good option but seems strange having a box shape to me as so different to what im used to.

innoken MVP
$45.16 INNOKIN iTaste MVP 5-in-1 Voltage Adjustable Rechargeable 2600mAh Mechanical LCD Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / with iClear 16 atomizers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Oh wise e cig forum, Which other brilliant mods have I forgotten to consider??

Also

Will I see a big jump in performance from the ego bateries?

Thanks in advance

Nick

About $80 to spend at Fasttech and you need a small form factor, full feature APV with toppers. Only one choice from my way of thinking:

$39.54 iTaste VW V3.0 7-in-1 Variable Voltage Rechargeable 800mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - vv-3.0 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Get two kits. You can add all sorts of different toppers laters such as the Protank or Davide, carto tanks, etc. I have four of the iTaste 3.0's and they are as close to perfect in their application as you can get. Currently, the gold standard of stick batteries, with variable wattage, ohm meter, usb charging, +/- buttons, etc. You won't need the ego's with these and you can take your time and decide on a bigger APV later. The Vamo you mentioned is huge by comparison. Good luck and happy shopping.

btw, if you do decide Vamo, strongly recommend the stainless V3 kit with I2 charger and Panny batts. Very good, this one:

$58.85 Vamo V3 Stainless Steel Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 EU battery charger / 2*Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck.

nick5573

Aug 26, 2011
Oxford
Personally, given that you already have egos, I would drop the 3 pack of egos, and pick up either an extra 18350 battery and an extra tank, maybe some replacement atomizers for the tank, or something along those lines, doing so you could also drop the USB charger

Ah the egos are for my father in law whos trying to get of tabs., Thought they would be a good place for him to start and I have loads of innoken i16s on a sep order

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
Ah the egos are for my father in law whos trying to get of tabs., Thought they would be a good place for him to start and I have loads of innoken i16s on a sep order

That's awesome. I gave a few of my old egos to friends to get them off smoking. It's nice when it works out cause you have a new person buying juice you can sample lol. My one buddy I got vaping recently comes over and we swap liquids pretty frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread