Noob questions/Apollo Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

420bot

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Canada
Hey guys,
I'm looking for some opinions on my selection of my first e-cig. I'll start with what I'm looking for.

A device with:
-The size of a regular smoke
-Does not look like a regular smoke (black w/blue LED) so I can avoid unecissary hassles indoors
-Good flavours (carts not drip)
-Something as close to retaining the feel of a analog during inhalation (Throat hit?) within these parameters

I smoke about 8-12 analogs a day (1.3-2.8mg of nic each)

My research has pointed me towards the apollo standard kit. I like the look and it's just at my price point. What are peoples thoughts on the apollo products? What other suggestions would you make based on what I want?

Also what is you opinion/prefrence between apollo and bloog?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SubOnAux24

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Valley of the Sun
With Apollo, you are stuck with their proprietary equipment. At their mercy, so to say. Bloog will interact with most KR808 equipment out there. A little more choices there. Do your homework and spend your money wisely, there are hundreds of ecig sites and models out there, i would only recommend ECF registered suppliers where they are here on this site with customer service as well as their website. You work hard for your money and hope you find what you are looking for :)

420bot

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Canada
I asked a rep today (who by the way, totally lived up to their reputation of great customer service) and he said they are incompatible with anything other than apollo.

does anyone have any experience with apollos different flavours? I notice bloog has quite a few more flavours available, along with more customization (colours/drip tips) but is a little more expensive with the kit.

PS RIP Steve Jobs, terrible news

VetSGT

Destroyer of Mods
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
kansas
Well new to vaping too, I love it. There are alot of brands that meet your criteria. In my opinion take it for what it worth any brand that lock me into there stuff probably isnt gonna get my business....I like to mix things up and try my own. I hear alot about the bloog which is alot like what I got with interchangeable parts. And so far this has been pretty easy going. Another brand you may want to check out would be smokelessimage. Thats what I went with and so far has been great. I am sure alot of the regulars will be able to put in more info. Good luck.

Last edited:

SubOnAux24

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Valley of the Sun
With Apollo, you are stuck with their proprietary equipment. At their mercy, so to say. Bloog will interact with most KR808 equipment out there. A little more choices there. Do your homework and spend your money wisely, there are hundreds of ecig sites and models out there, i would only recommend ECF registered suppliers where they are here on this site with customer service as well as their website. You work hard for your money and hope you find what you are looking for :)

Quoting myself: I guess ya'll don't read b4 you post.

Anyhow , my 2 bits. I had a Apollo disposable (for a 77 cents promo sale), tobacco flavor was horrible. This was over a year ago and possibly just a run of bad juice. Whatever. I personally would stay away from them with what i know is available on the open ecig market. There just is so much better than that IMO.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
A lot of people like the Volt for a starter. Your flavor is going to come from your juice and what you use to deliver it( atomizer,cartomizer,dripping, carto tank etc) Of course as a rule the bigger the battery the bigger the hit. That is why most jump to a manual Ego. I see you are from Canada After you get your five post count and 1 hour has passed head to the Canada Forum. You will be able to see where we get our supplies
Drac

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, SmokelessImage Volt and Halocigs G6 are all the same thing, can use each others cartos and also use the Vapor4Life cartos (more prefilled flavors than any of the above) and they all have blank cartos and can use other blank KR808D-1 cartos 2.5-3 ohms and use any juice that is thin enough to work well in cartos which means hundreds of juices. That has to be enough flavors for you.

In addition, on a manual battery you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juices (drip tip not recommended on auto batteries but you could use DSE901 cartridges).

420bot

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Canada
Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, SmokelessImage Volt and Halocigs G6 are all the same thing, can use each others cartos and also use the Vapor4Life cartos (more prefilled flavors than any of the above) and they all have blank cartos and can use other blank KR808D-1 cartos 2.5-3 ohms and use any juice that is thin enough to work well in cartos which means hundreds of juices. That has to be enough flavors for you.

In addition, on a manual battery you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juices (drip tip not recommended on auto batteries but you could use DSE901 cartridges).
Ya I canceled my Apollo and I'm going to go with the SI volt, more flavours and I'm only paying $67 on a standard kit USB passthrough, and 2 extra packs of cartos. Now I need to find a PPC that fits, their out of stock on their new mini PPC. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread