OK this is my rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
I appreciated this discussion because today, for the first time, I tried vaping, and I did experience some uncomfortable symptoms. I didn't panic, but I wondered what was going on, so it's nice to know I just overdid it. What happened is, I ordered 3 disposable e-cigs to try the flavors, and they arrived in the mail. So I puffed a little on one, then on another, practiced how to get some good smoke by taking a longer drag than I have to on analogs, etc. I didn't think I smoked all that much, and while I was playing with my new toys, over the course of a couple of hours, I didn't smoke any analogs. Then I went out to the grocery store, and I felt a bit weird -- sort of sleepy but also sort of jumpy, distracted in a weird way. I also started getting a mild headache. Of course first thing, I blamed the weird symptoms on the e-cigs, since that's the only unusual thing I consumed or exposed myself to. It worried me a little, but my solution was to come home and take a nap and then just stick with my analogs for the next while. Meanwhile, I'm here trying to find out what went on in my body and why. You guys answered that. I really didn't think I overdid it, but I must have, trying the different flavors, etc. I think maybe e-cigs are stronger than analogs, since if I took the same number of puffs on analogs, I wouldn't have felt these symptoms, though I might be coughing more. So, since it's harder to see how much you consume with an e-cig, how do you guys regulate yourselves? BTW, I ordered medium strength, since that seemed middle of the road when a newbie doesn't know what she's doing. I guess next time I'll order the low-nicotine e-cigs.

Congrats on making the first foray into vaping! Most of us regulate our nicotine intake simply by vaping as much as we want to. If we get unpleasant side effects like headaches or anxiety or palpitations, we back off a bit. Since you're just starting out, don't worry so much about it. You get more side effects the first week and then your body adjusts.

Trust us, you're not going to hurt yourself. You would have to vape far more than your body will ever let you to get close to a dangerous dose. It wouldn't hurt to have a few different strengths of nicotine around to experiment with, but don't toss your juice when you try a different strength. You will adjust :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread