Please help out me and my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
We could suggest better if you are set on a slim ecig.

The kit is overpriced.

He doesn't tell you the threading. You may have to buy all supplies thru his website. His cartos are about 5 dollars per box more than other places. I checked Vapor4Life which sells prefilled cartos for KR808-D1 batteries. I have no idea what threading the EON is.

It doesn't tell how you how many mah the battery has. He says the battery will last 1 to 3 days. At the very most, a slim ecig is 300 mah and will last 3 hrs. of moderate vaping.

He says a carto is equal to 2 pks of cigs....No, even a light to moderate smoker will go thru 2 cartos per day.

Wow that makes a big difference... Sure I would like to get a brand that'll allow me to use different brands of cartos! Are eGO, Riva, and Volt all changeable?

Hi & welcome to ECF.
It's a common way to think that bigger battery will require you to pull harder than small battery, but that is NOT the case. PV (personal vaporizer) or e-cig are very different from regular deathsticks (cigarettes). With cigarette, the stronger you pull the thicker smoke you'll get, but with a PV all you have to do is to pull slowly but longer to get thick vapors, if you pull hard, all you gonna get is a mouthful of e-juices - not a pleasant experience. The bigger battery are lasting longer between charges than small battery. And they have more power to keep you satisfied longer than small battery.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

Good to know!

I think the best e cig out there is V2 cigs.......their flavors are the best also......i am smoke free 43 days now....and believe me i tried everything to quit smoking.....patches,gums,hypnosis,meds.....nothing worked til i got my V2....now i hate analog smokes...they are so GROSS
Glad that you lasted 43 day after all! Keep it up! Are V2s expensive?

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
I see that company name being recommended so let me make sure u know this about V-2. Learn from my mistake. If u seen a V-2 kit at a store in your area do not buy them. I say that cause if you do they will not warranty anything. U have to buy direct for the website. Good ecig but I lost about $150 cause of the poor customer service after my purchase at a local store. My dad still uses v2 and he loves them but its been said. Buy something that will do what u need it too in the most important time. I have a provari on the way from provape.com. Cost a lot but u can make up for it if you DIY your own juice and never have tech issues or have to buy more later down the road. I had 7 or the cig style ecigs in the last 4 months and looking back its hard to say money was well spent, except that I fought my .... off to stay off the analogs. Not only that my wife would have killed me after spending all that money then dropping it. She wanted me to quit ecigs at one point.

If I ever ended up getting V2s I'll make sure I get it directly from their site :)

After spending hours of my week studying this forum i've heard good things about ego, riva, and volt. Ego and Riva are sharp looking! Personally I feel that getting away from the look and feel of an analog cig will contribute to greater long time quitting success.

I am leaning more toward the sharp looking ones now... After all, I do want to get away from holding something that looks like a cig lol.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
think the best e cig out there is V2 cigs.......their flavors are the best also.....

Now I can go around defending V2 for getting me off analogs, but this is too much for me to let by. All is relative. After discovering the infinite world of variously flavored e-juices out there, I hate V2 flavors... THEY'RE GROSS! Also, their gear is indeed overpriced. Going with pre-filled cartos is also like burning money. So, all I'm trying here is to save you some steps; I may be wrong, and most of us actually need to go through those steps.

Watch this nonetheless: 4 Stages of Vaping - YouTube

spunkymama

Jan 8, 2012
Wisconsin
everybody has their own opinions......some may not like V2.....but there are plenty of us that love the product.....it isnt that expensive....stqarter kit is about 65......i LOVE my V2.....and they have a LIFETIME warrenty on their batteries which is way worth it since other places i have checked out have only a few months warranty

choose for yourself........otherwise i have also been purchasing from smokeless image...their prices are pretty cheap also not as big of a TH but still good

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Advice: dnt look too hard into reproducing the taste of analogs;in a short while,you will get bored and tired of it anyways,guaranteed.

Jump to caramels,fruits.

Get a 30ml of 24mg/ml juice,a few samplersof 18mg/ml (3-5ml) of the rest (some place offer 10 packs of samplers),find your taste and strenght down the road.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
everybody has their own opinions......some may not like V2.....but there are plenty of us that love the product.....it isnt that expensive....stqarter kit is about 65......i LOVE my V2.....and they have a LIFETIME warrenty on their batteries which is way worth it since other places i have checked out have only a few months warranty

choose for yourself........otherwise i have also been purchasing from smokeless image...their prices are pretty cheap also not as big of a TH but still good
Like I said. That warranty is only good if u buy direct. They keep track of it. If u buy new at a store or even a used one from someone u know they will not warranty anything. They are the only company I ever seen that tosses customers under the bus like that.

Now I can go around defending V2 for getting me off analogs, but this is too much for me to let by. All is relative. After discovering the infinite world of variously flavored e-juices out there, I hate V2 flavors... THEY'RE GROSS! Also, their gear is indeed overpriced. Going with pre-filled cartos is also like burning money. So, all I'm trying here is to save you some steps; I may be wrong, and most of us actually need to go through those steps.

Watch this nonetheless: 4 Stages of Vaping - YouTube

My 2 cents. I love V-2 flavors. Just posted a thread tonight to see if anyone can tell me how to DIY the "RED" flavor they sell.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
LOL
Advice: dnt look too hard into reproducing the taste of analogs;in a short while,you will get bored and tired of it anyways,guaranteed.

Jump to caramels,fruits.

Get a 30ml of 24mg/ml juice,a few samplersof 18mg/ml (3-5ml) of the rest (some place offer 10 packs of samplers),find your taste and strenght down the road.

Will do! hah

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

Your going to get a lot of suggestions from everyone on this forum. The most important point you have to remember is to get something that you really want.

This forum is going to be your best resource for anything that's e-cig related. If you want reviews, there are plenty of them here:

E-Cigarette Reviews

You will have to decide:

*What's your budget?
*Form factor
*Battery life
*Versatility
*Power
*Convenience
*Quality
*VV or fixed voltage (that will come later)

It's easy to start out with something like a VOLT or EGO. If that's what you want and go from there. The ECF Library is going to be your best friend in terms of gaining the proper information:

The ECF Library

Take a look at the "Wonderful World of Vaping" threads. Be proactive in your search for information and not be swayed by opinions but, actual facts.

Hope that helps

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Do you mean cutoff? Volts have a 5 second cutoff, which is probably not your thing. An Ego, Riva, and Kgo will have a cutoff of about 10 seconds.

Then we get to mods in which there is no limit at all. So, that might be what you want in the near future. Ego's and everything is suggested for people since it helps them gradually learn how to use an ecig. When they get to the point to where they are comfortable with vaping and vaping gear. Then they can move onto mods. Although, there are people that just get mods in the first place and go from there. You just have to be comfortable with the learning curve that's associated with mods.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Thanks!! the Wonderful World of Vaping" threads are very helpful!! I will read them all day tomorrow :)

WELCOME TO THE ECF

Your going to get a lot of suggestions from everyone on this forum. The most important point you have to remember is to get something that you really want.

This forum is going to be your best resource for anything that's e-cig related. If you want reviews, there are plenty of them here:

E-Cigarette Reviews

You will have to decide:

*What's your budget?
*Form factor
*Battery life
*Versatility
*Power
*Convenience
*Quality
*VV or fixed voltage (that will come later)

It's easy to start out with something like a VOLT or EGO. If that's what you want and go from there. The ECF Library is going to be your best friend in terms of gaining the proper information:

The ECF Library

Take a look at the "Wonderful World of Vaping" threads. Be proactive in your search for information and not be swayed by opinions but, actual facts.

Hope that helps

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
That does sound interesting and I can't wait to learn those mods! Thanks for confirming the cutoff time.

Do you mean cutoff? Volts have a 5 second cutoff, which is probably not your thing. An Ego, Riva, and Kgo will have a cutoff of about 10 seconds.

Then we get to mods in which there is no limit at all. So, that might be what you want in the near future. Ego's and everything is suggested for people since it helps them gradually learn how to use an ecig. When they get to the point to where they are comfortable with vaping and vaping gear. Then they can move onto mods. Although, there are people that just get mods in the first place and go from there. You just have to be comfortable with the learning curve that's associated with mods.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
No problem at all. Also, since you have already reached your 5 posts requirement. Feel free to look around the forum since you can make threads anywhere you want now. Also, you will be able to pm people. Which is important since there are some mods/vendors here that are exclusive to the ECF. The only way to order would be through pm and paypal.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Wishing you and your wife luck in quitting cigs and to live a healthier lifestyle.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
For new vapers I recommend just what your original post stated: get something that is as close to an analog as possible. I started with one brand, but recommend vapeshot.com stuff for beginners now.

They include pretty much everything you need in a starter kit including the PCC (charge Pack) and they have discount codes.

Their stuff is "510 style" which means it has male threads on the cartomizers. This makes it more compatible with bigger batteries down the road should you decide you need a bigger battery later.

Their website is good for new vapers too. It's easy to get everything you need at a decent price.

For juice I recommend V4L. They have discount codes as well. Their batteries and cartos are all kr808 style though so they are less compatible if you get bigger batteries.

Good Luck!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Best 2 piece unit I've tried has been the Volt from Smokelessimage.com I'd pay the little extra for the sealed automatic batteries, just beause juice getting in the non-sealed batteries will be the death of them. Good luck in your journey to stop smoking and welcome to ECF!

Another KR8 lover on the scene here, so my vote is also for a KR808D-1 model ecig, which is what the Volt/Bloog/Halo are. The couples kit from Smokeless Image may be a good way to go ... and wow, I can't believe that you just started this thread and its already 5 pages long :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread