Questioned by the police!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robnoxious

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
Brighton, Michigan
I was driving to Grandmas house on thursday for thanksgiving dinner, and a block away from her house a cop passed me going the opposite direction, he slowed down and observed me vaping my ego-t with great interest. He pulled a u-turn and pulled up behind me with his lights on RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GRANDMAS HOUSE!!!!! He asked me for my liscense and then immediately asked me, "Whats that thing around your neck?" I have my ego on a lanyard necklace. I told him it was my personal vaporizer. He asked, "what are you using that for?" i told him i was using it as a replacement for analog cigarettes, then he said " I pulled you over for the crack in the windshield, make sure you get that taken care of" and walked back to his car!!!!!!! No ticket, but what a pain in my ....!!! I hope you had a less eventfull thanksgiving!!!

Last edited:

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
For some reason, vaping in the car is more uncomfortable than vaping in public. People don't get a clear look at what your vaping and give some wild looks. I vape in the car w/ my two teenage kids and I swear people think I'm doing something illegal.

At least you didn't get a ticket. Next time, make sure that you have some bottles and a refill syringe on the passenger seat.

Fro-Man

Dec 4, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have been asked several times if my Reo Mini was a type of "pipe" and couldn't figure out what they were talking about until I found that there is a very popular "pipe" that is essentially a box with a metal stem protruding from it. I am never surprised by the lack of respect or invasive bullying behavior our public servants demonstrate these days but it's not their fault. Society is less polite as a whole and they are encouraged to display a suspicious and adversarial attitude and operate under the assumption of guilt on the part of anyone they approach. Sign of the times so don't take it personally.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Yeah, I just posted my Rules to Live By in another thread, when you're a hippie you get extra attention, anyway!!!:laugh:

Officer why doesn't my car smell like something illegal?
Where's the illegal substances get put in this thing?
Amazing that I didn't need to use a lighter or match to get smoke, isn't it?

I have to pass through Crackville when I volunteer at the animal shelter. I've been half waiting for a cop to pull me over.

Some cops are just d-bags, others are cool (like with any group). One cop a town or two over has a boner for me for some reason. Tried to tell me since I had a bottle of brake fluid in my car I was making .... with it. OK, brake fluid in my car.... I also have a gas tank with gas in my car, does that mean I am making Molotov Cocktails?

Around my neck of the woods I would rather deal with a Statie or Sheriff. They are a more professional and not so much d-bags. Few of the local departments have some folks out on a power trip.... sucks that one idiot can give a whole department a bad name :(.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Too bad you didn't have a coffee/donut mix in your PV and ask him if he would like to have a vape of his daily break instead of running red lights to get to the local coffee shop. Cops?...don't get me started but I've encountered one that was cool. I was sitting next him at a stoplight and was happily vaping away. He chased me into Wal-marts parking lot to ask about getting an ecig for him and his wife. I'm not a person who will try to hide it.

Also, since I mostly use mods, most drug addicts won't invest that kind of money into one. Do cops really think they will? If they do, they are dumber than the person committing the crime. Drug addicts find the cheapest way to get their fixes, not the most expensive.

Last edited:

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
Sad thing is, there is now a ... Tincture steeped in PG that can be vaped through a PV.

It is sold in certain medicinal ......... shops. This kind of thing is going to make it harder and harder to vape in public.

There are reports from people that this ... Tincture has little to no odor and is very potent.

May draw more heat from the cops to us who use PVs as smoking cessation tools.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Quite a few years ago, I got pulled over for popping a couple of Altoids in my mouth while driving. The cop thought I might be doing some kind of drug. I opened the box and offered him some. End of story.

Now, I always keep several disposable e-cigs in my glove box for distribution to curious cops who smoke. So far, I've never been pulled over for vaping in the car, but it might happen.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Reminds me of something that happened to me, years ago. I was in the Navy at the time. I was going thru the gate going on the base. A buddy was in the car in front of me, he told the Marine at the gate that I had acid in my battery. You know they pulled me over & looked in my battery! I told them, well, duh, everyone has acid in their batteries. They still looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread