Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
First thing I thought of when I received my Roughstack was how homemade it looked and how much it looked like it might be made for drugs. Of course, the Roughstack looks more homemade than most mods. The original plain metal one that I have just looks like a piece of pipe.

I have to drive by a very small town police station a few times a week. So, I make sure to always use a battery that looks very "manufactured" and reasonably cigarette-like, never a mod.

I don't need the attention. At the very least, I don't have time for it. Besides, once they're proven wrong, they might feel annoyed and feel a need to justify themselves by finding something else trivial to harass me for. Just don't need it.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I vape openly everywhere. The only time a police officer ever seemed to notice, he came up to me at a sports event and asked me what it was. I told him, and showed him how it worked. He asked for info for his wife and called some officers over who smoked. I gave them the info too. It was actually pretty cool.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
The battery acid is funny, so 1950s! :laugh:

We have to keep in mind that cops don't always know what an ecig is. I drive around trying to sneak vapes in so other drivers will not use their cell to call cops and say such and such car, with such and such plates, driving such direction is smoking crack or pot or whatever. It is the way it is. I live in a relatively large city but few know about mods. They may have seen late night commercials for those cheapie ecigs, but a pipe bomb looking mod, or box flask looking mod is beyond knowledge levels. Also, as previously mentioned, you can't really see what is going on in the car, so it looks suspicious, more so if you have tinted windows.

A unique community it still is, I hope more people catch on and less hassle comes about soon.

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
I was driving to Grandmas house on thursday for thanksgiving dinner, and a block away from her house a cop passed me going the opposite direction, he slowed down and observed me vaping my ego-t with great interest. He pulled a u-turn and pulled up behind me with his lights on RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GRANDMAS HOUSE!!!!! He asked me for my liscense and then immediately asked me, "Whats that thing around your neck?" I have my ego on a lanyard necklace. I told him it was my personal vaporizer. He asked, "what are you using that for?" i told him i was using it as a replacement for analog cigarettes, then he said " I pulled you over for the crack in the windshield, make sure you get that taken care of" and walked back to his car!!!!!!! No ticket, but what a pain in my ....!!! I hope you had a less eventfull thanksgiving!!!

I have a really simple solution, I use one of my cheap white 510's with a red LED on it when I'm driving 1st glance by a cop and all he sees is some guy smoking a cig.

I haven't had much in the way of "off looks", all things considered; but did get a "What the Hell is that?" question, the other night at a Walmart.

Go figure...I've been vapibg the same mod all over the place (Walmart included) and, suddenly,as soon as I top a 510 with a SS ming, people take notice and get a bit antsy.

Good thing I didn't have an LED tank under the ming, I guess...

Roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread