Screen names: How did you come up with yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
this isn't actually the name I went by for years and years, but my underground (pirate software) habits got the attentions of the people you don't want to have it.. and my wife is ldy_jaguar, so I became mr. jaguar, but most places don't like spaces or periods.. so I'm mrjaguar. my favorite saying is "here kitty kitty" since I started using this nick.

gasp

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Missouri
I am an American living in Japan... "gaijin" (pronounced GUY-jin; just so people don't get the wrong idea) means foreigner in Japanese... imagine that. The avatar is from my companies flash site - guess you can see below if your interested.

every time i see your name it makes me think of gaijin.com.

i used to talk to the guy who owns that ever so often. if i remember right he used to do web dev as well...not sure if he still does or not though.

gasp

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Missouri
I had to check that out just now cuz you made me curious lol least you didn't mention gaijinpot.com... I totally got the wrong idea when I heard that one for the first time.

lol i'd never heard of that one before.
there used to be some amazingly cool stuff on gaijin.com but he closed it down for a while and now it's mostly just a blog. not sure what happened. i know he was getting tired of maintaining it though. kinda sad to see some of it gone away.

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
Mine is perhaps not as clever as many I have read here, but here goes! My first name is Joe, so that's a no brainer. My last name is DiQuattro so "D" for "Di" and 4 for "Quattro". It's Italian in origin so the spelling is a bit different than it would be "en Espaniol".

As for my avatar pic, cigarettes are an addiction or "monkey on my back". The are an insidious evil as they kill 50% of lifetime users. Hence, the Evil Monkey from the show "Family Guy". It's the evil monkey that I'm getting off my back!

A friend of mine was looking for a new username for another site, and this was one of my suggestions. She ended up going with a different name, so I decided to use it myself. I was reading a webcomic at the time called Cyanide & Happiness, and it inspired my creation.

I love their webcomics

My username is a mix of my middle name and my mother's maiden name

Elijah and Coldiron

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
Ah man, such a long story. I started out my online existence way back in 1978. Started out with Compuserve forums and chat rooms at ridiculous hourly rates. Down-graded to BBS's when those became popular. 16 line BBS's were the thing. I forget what the software was called that ran them, but they used a 16 port serial card with 16 individual modems.

Since most of the people calling into them were avoiding long distance rates, all of the people were locals. And I made lots of friends. And lots of enemies. I would mess with noobs that logged on and immediately started hitting on whatever woman was online. There were silly features such as anonymous chat and anonymous forums that I would use to get into fights with myself and cause problems. I figured out how to use ASCII codes to mess with people's screens. I would mercilessly torment people I was having an argument with. I was basically an online PITA. To this day I don't know how I got away with the things I did.

One of the BBS's had a rule. You could have a 'handle' but your actual first name had to be in it. One of my friends called me Bobnoxious. It stuck. Been using it ever since.

These days I try not to do any of those things. I might get out of hand on occasion if I've been drinking, but it's usually not insulting, just stupid. lol

pisacandy

Feb 15, 2010
Kansas
Someone once asked if he could have a "piece of Candy"(my real name is Candice, no I'm not a stripper!)... so I just tweaked it to my own taste, plus the leaning tower of Pisa has to be one of the coolest things ever :)

The avatar is just my fascination of cats, their attitudes, and how sometimes... no matter how smart we are... we all need a helmet ;)

Greekwitch

Jan 20, 2010
Columbus, GA
Greekwitch- in the early years of my marriage my husband frequently told this joke. " When we were dating Carole ( that's me), told every one she was dating a damn Greek god, now after many years she says she married a (excuse me) GD Greek.
We said our vows on Halloween, so hubby says he married that witch on Halloween. At least he doesn't replace the w with a b.
We were making muscadine wine complete with labels and needed a name, hence "Greekwitch". Awe, isn't that sweet?
Crash you win! Health and happiness always.
Don, you are a riot, this forum is so refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread