Second hand vape in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Thank you for taking me seriously and not poking fun at me and saying how irrelevant my question was. That info helped tremendously

I am going to throw in my thanks as well. :)

I haven't even started yet - my kit will arrive today or tomorrow - but I spend a lot of time with one of my grandchildren and actually live in the same household as one of my grandchildren for a period of time each year. (I have always smoked outside there or in the garage - and in my own home, never when a child is present.)

I am so addicted to cigs, I can't even play a board game with my grandchild - because I can't go that long without smoking. :( Running in and out - keeping everyone waiting on me - really takes the fun out of the game. So - I was hoping it would be safe to vape in my grandchildren's presence - thereby allowing me to spend more quality time with them engaging in fun activities.

What's the verdict? Do you all think it's okay - or just to be extra cautious, should I go to another room or outside?

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
Wow I'm seeing you all over the place now! As to answer your question it is a personal decision but here's a study to help you out with your decision. Ecigarette mist harmless, inhaled or exhaled

I haven't even started yet - my kit will arrive today or tomorrow - but I spend a lot of time with one of my grandchildren and actually live in the same household as one of my grandchildren for a period of time each year. (I have always smoked outside there or in the garage - and in my own home, never when a child is present.)

I am so addicted to cigs, I can't even play a board game with my grandchild - because I can't go that long without smoking. :( Running in and out - keeping everyone waiting on me - really takes the fun out of the game. So - I was hoping it would be safe to vape in my grandchildren's presence - thereby allowing me to spend more quality time with them engaging in fun activities.

What's the verdict? Do you all think it's okay - or just to be extra cautious, should I go to another room or outside?

WAC_Vet

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Missouri

My Grandchildren love the smell of my vapor. They try to guess what flavor it is! It's so nice not to have them tell me that I'm "stinky" (from smoking). My home smells better, and I smell a lot better! Rob's Blackjack leaves a lovely aroma, for quite some time after a heavy vape.

Last edited:

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
My:2c: - I do not have any concerns about "second hand mist" that I may be emitting as there have been studies to show it's fairly inert and dissipates quite rapidly.

The Harvard study referenced is nothing but a fluff piece to justify a grant. The mentioned a few variables that were accounted for but there are far to many left unaccounted for. PG is just one of many PGE's and was not fully isolated in the study nor was the PG vapor assayed for purity. In other words, we do not know what else was being carried by the PG vapor. You know when you walk into a freshly painted room eve if a day or two has passed. I could chain vape in my car for an hour straight and you would never know it when you got in.

With all of that being said if someone really objects to my vaping I will defer out of courtesy. If you are worried about kids or grand-kids I should think that turning your head when exhaling would be enough to ease your conscience.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I could chain vape in my car for an hour straight and you would never know it when you got in.

I would say you need to get better juice. My sister and I chain vaped in my car during a 6 hour drive. When my (lifelong nonsmoking) mother got in the car, she told us it smelled wonderful - like a bakery. I'd been switching between Blueberry Pie and Bavarian Cream, while my sister was vaping Blueberry Muffin and Snickerdoodle Cookie.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
I would say you need to get better juice. My sister and I chain vaped in my car during a 6 hour drive. When my (lifelong nonsmoking) mother got in the car, she told us it smelled wonderful - like a bakery. I'd been switching between Blueberry Pie and Bavarian Cream, while my sister was vaping Blueberry Muffin and Snickerdoodle Cookie.

I am looking forward to my next trip to the states to do just that hopefully in Sept. It's just too expensive to ship things here unless I really need it. I could probably talk a few of my guests into bringing some to Mexico for my wedding though.

Of course if anyone reading this is planning a trip to Belize and would like to bring me some supplies I'm sure I could return the favor with advice about Belize, a day out to one of the keys in my boat or possibly even a free place to stay for part of your trip..

hippiebrian

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Long Beach, Ca.
This thread reminds me of an article I read about a San Francisco couple who were trying to sue an apartment comples owner because their 12 year old daughter had asthma. Luckily, they were not successful. The funny part, though, was that in the picture they sholed the couple loading their daughter into a huge suv! And they were worried about cigarette smoke? Please!

atomizer mizer

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
USofA, Alabama
Im sure a trip to the grocery store in the family car releases more deadly smoke than a lifetime of second hand smoke could ever release. Not to mention the big lie about 2nd hand smoke being so dangerous. SimpleSins makes a good point regarding the danger of nicotene vs carcinogens released in the burning process from cigs.

Anyone ever take second hand vape into consideration before they vape in public places. If the liquid is infused with nicotine when you blow it into the air you are exposing others around you to a highly addictive substance that has been know to cause side effects. People who vape in the work place might be doing even more damage by exposing the same people to nicotine day after day. I don't know if I like the idea of vaping in public.

I'm still new this this e-cig thing and maybe I still don't have all the facts on how this works but it should be something we should discuss if we what to be responsible people in our society

Anyone have a opinion of this matter

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I would say that if you're concerned about second hand nicotine, to pick up an air purifier that will clear the air of dust, pollen, mold spores, etc. and keep the air circulated indoors when all the windows are shut (during summer when the A/C is running, or winter when the heat is on). I would suppose that a good HEPA air cleaner would assist in cleaning the air of whatever trace amount of nicotine might be floating around (or again, keeps the air circulated so you don't end up with clouds of vapor).

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread