Swedish Camel snus and some other bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I decided to give the Swedish version of Camel snus - white portion version - a go for no other reason than I used to smoke Camels and it's very good IMO.

I know the USA version is said to be sweet but the Swedish version doesn't taste sweet to me at all - it's allegedly got a tobacco/bergamot flavour but I'd say there's a hint of rose in there too. It reminds me of the unfortunately named nasal snuff called "Ganja" by Dholakia of India.

I got a tin of Taboca mini strong portions too and they're almost identical to the camel flavour - the Taboca are a little differently shaped compared to other minis (see attached) and, for me, the perfect shape/size: a bit longer, narrower and more packed. I prefer the long lastingness of the regular portions but the less-lip bulge of the minis; the shape of the taboca's is excellent for discrete use/long lasting flavour, about 2 hours for me. So for that flavour, I'll probably go for the Taboca which is a bit of a bonus since they're only about 2/3rds of the price of the Camel whites.

Pic: top - Camel white, middle - Taboca strong mini, bottom - Göteborgs Rapé mini white for size comparison.

[In a moment of madness, I also ordered the Thunder Wintergreen Extra Stark. Two words: f**k me. I could take no more than 10 minutes (max) and I was being ultra careful not to move it around after I'd put it in. That tin is going straight in the freezer for long term storage. Very very dangerous stuff!]

Attachments

• snus1.JPG
    snus1.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread