tanks/rta's/rda first one need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkcloud375

Jan 24, 2015
illinois
Ok just pulledthe trigger on a sigelei 100w plus box mod. Now im looking into getting a tank of some sort so i can have for on the go.( quiting analogs with my new divice) i am also looking into rda and rtas.

A few tanks i have looked into are the llemo, lemo drop, atlantis, and of course the subtank.

What im lookin for in a tank.
Good price ( subtank is a little pricy but it is 2 tanks in 1)
If its a rta must be easy to build
Does not leak juice ect..
Great flavor (also like clouds but more into flavor)

What im looking at in the rdas
Magama,veritas,plume vail or however its spelt, mutation x.

What i wAnt out of my rda
good flavor
good clouds
(Can be ether or. Or one thats good in both aspects)
Leak proof or very close to it(i know all rdas leak but some are better than others )

Last edited:
I currently is the plume veil 1.5 and I love it! It's easy to build on due to the positive block. Also has lost of adjustable airflow. I also started out on a mutation x, I really liked it too, not as much airflow options as a plume veil, but still a great rda. As for good flavor and clouds, coils and wicking technique is huge! On my plume veil, I run dual parallel 26 gauge coils at .3 ohms and get great flavor and vapor.

LuNar

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Hays KS
Hi Darkcloud!

Congradz to upgrading to a high powered mod!

I personally have a Lemo drop and it's friggin amazing once you figure out how to properly build and wick a coil. One thing I'd recommend about the lemo is to not use the screw for the fill hole. Use the little rubber plug/oring thing it works much better. Also if the bottom base thing isn't screwed all the way in to the bottom cap it could lead to inaccurate ohm readings so just make sure it's screwed on there good and snug. Absolutely no leaks or gurgling.

The kanger subtank is definentaly a good choice because it comes with that rba base and some other goodies. 50 bucks is kinda meh but it is a solid tank that comes with a 0.5 coil head that can be rebuilt, if you like using coil heads, also comes with little screw drivers and some spare o rings ect. Good bundle imo.

I hear the atlantis tank is pretty good but I do not own one so I really can only tell you that many people use them and love them. I just don't know too much about this tank.

I have a tugboat rda and it's pretty awesome but I've heard a rda just came out called," The troll rda." From what I undertand it's about 32 bucks and has adjustable airflow, adjustable center pin, four posts on the deck, deep juice well.
Matt from "suck my mod" on youtube just put a video up reviewing it so if this catch's your interest you should go check it out.

I've also heard of this goblin rta but I don't know much about it but it looked interesting.

Remember to make sure you are using higher amp batteries if your going to run sub ohm coils at high wattages!

Last edited:

amtseung

Sep 22, 2014
California
I saw your post about the sigelei 100w box. I have one too. Love that thing, probably too much, because one of the magnets fell out.

Tank suggestions: Atlantis. It takes the prebuilt BVC coil, and has, imho, the best airflow of any tank to date aside a heavily drilled/modified RSST

RDA suggestions: Dark horse RDA, Mephisto V2, Tobh v2.5, APO, 454 big block. The veritas is finicky for building, The plume veil is also very finicky, as you need to position coils at exactly the right spot to utilise all of its potential, which is why I sold mine. The Mutation X is a solid choice, but it's flavour is slightly muted to me, as the chamber is fairly large and its airflow is meant for us cloudchasers building 0.2ohms and below. I found its sweet spot to be between 0.1 and 0.12 ohms for a good balance of flavour, clouds, and warmth. I highly suggest you don't do this.

darkcloud375

Jan 24, 2015
illinois
Lunar, yea i was kinda think the drop look pretty nice and like how i can rebuild it to diffrent ohm and what not without going into the subtank (even though i really want one but my budget isnt that high to get everything i want).
Amtseung, yea i did notice how the veritas and plume veil look kinda hard to build on so i probably will stay away from till i get my coil building skills rrefined. I have looked at the dark horse and do like it just wasnt sure on flavor with it. But have heard not but good things aboutthe magma rda as far as flavor and how it dont leak as much and it dont have o rings so less to worry about.
Oh and dont worry dont plan to do super sub ohm right out the gate probably will stick around .5 give or take a ohm and mess around and improve my coil building skills and learn more into ohms law than i know now before i go below .4 ohm.

As far as battery i have been looking at the purple 35a efest due to the anti counterfeit stickers and what not. Dont want to get fakes and have to worry about them venting or blowing up.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Right now, IMHO the mutation x v2 is the best cloud chase out there. Quad 26 gauge coils at .4 ohms and it throws vapor like you wouldn't believe.

Plume viel is great for flavor, but it is VERY restricted on its airflow for my liking. I have a Lancia that I love, but I wouldn't suggest it since its very difficult to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread