tempted to attempt a carto/tank setup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Montreal
Only used clearos since i started 2 weeks ago, started with no name stardusts from my local shop, moved onto a fake vivi nova from my local shop, then real vivi novas from an online shop. but i am thinking about giving a carto/tank setup a try and will ordering them when i order my vapeonly bcc tomorrow.

Problem is I get intimidated when something looks "complicated" and these setups look "complicated" although it seems cheap and simple at the same time, looking at something called the F16 tank? not sure, either way it seems like it would be like 12 bucks for a tank and a 5 pack of cartos.

Would it make a nice difference compared to the annoying issues I get with vivi's sometimes? i keep hearing about dripping, would i have to carry juice on me all day and drip into something? or just fill the tank and vape away all day worry free?

:oops:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Some people really like dripping. I don't like having to carry a bottle of juice around with me.

I haven't used the F16, but it should be a good tank. Do you use citrus, or cinnamon? If so, you need a glass tank. The only thing about the cartomizers is making sure you have them primed before first use.

Only used clearos since i started 2 weeks ago, started with no name stardusts from my local shop, moved onto a fake vivi nova from my local shop, then real vivi novas from an online shop. but i am thinking about giving a carto/tank setup a try and will ordering them when i order my vapeonly bcc tomorrow.

Problem is I get intimidated when something looks "complicated" and these setups look "complicated" although it seems cheap and simple at the same time, looking at something called the F16 tank? not sure, either way it seems like it would be like 12 bucks for a tank and a 5 pack of cartos.

Would it make a nice difference compared to the annoying issues I get with vivi's sometimes? i keep hearing about dripping, would i have to carry juice on me all day and drip into something? or just fill the tank and vape away all day worry free?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
but i am thinking about giving a carto/tank setup a try and will ordering them when i order my vapeonly bcc tomorrow.
I LOVE my Vision Vivis BUT am honest enuff to admit a carto is a far superior vape. When I used a carto+ tank once I figured out how to first fill properly it was wonderful. Remember though some acidic juices will destroy plastic tanks. You could begin with cartos and see if you like it- some don't like the filler taste but it's rare.
As for tanks I've used all types except for the glass ones and never had any issues except occasionally negative pressure builds up in the tanks leading to dry hits or flooding- very rare though and to fix just open tank and allow air in to equalize.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
I found this pretty extensive illustration for inserting a carto into a tank. It may help.

round-peg-in-a-round-hole.jpg

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland

I'm a vivi user. And I've only tried cartos by themselves. They give GREAT flavor, no doubt about it. But for me, they're lacking in the throat hit department, which is what i need more than anything.

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

sivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Montreal
wow fast replies, i like the look of glass over plastic, but i will never, ever use a cinnamon juice, or a citrus type juice, not sure if the "beach smoothie" juice i just got is citrus though. i am looking at canvape now, trying to figure out what goes with what.

also, no clue what priming is o_O

I'm a vivi user. And I've only tried cartos by themselves. They give GREAT flavor, no doubt about it. But for me, they're lacking in the throat hit department, which is what i need more than anything.

Sent from the MOON, using Tapatalk MOON™

uh oh, me too, would it kill the throat hit for me? i have been reading that they give excellent throat hit..

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I'm not sure about shipping to Canada, but the IBTanks are nice. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

wow fast replies, i like the look of glass over plastic, but i will never, ever use a cinnamon juice, or a citrus type juice, not sure if the "beach smoothie" juice i just got is citrus though. i am looking at canvape now, trying to figure out what goes with what.

also, no clue what priming is o_O

uh oh, me too, would it kill the throat hit for me? i have been reading that they give excellent throat hit..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although I often recommend the Vivi Nova's to beginners because of their simple ease of use, I personally no longer use them because of inconsistancy and the lack of flavor production of some juices. I always recommend new vapors to try a variety of juice delivery devices because of such a wide range of preferences by all vapors.

My preference to use are cartotanks. Cartotanks do present a somewhat higher learning curve, but when armed with knowledge on how they work and the proper methodology on how to set them up, many vapors are successful using them the first time that they use them.

I have a detailed step-by-step tutorial with a couple of recommended video demonstrations on a cartotank setup in my blog, which can be accessed by clicking the link under my avatar. Quite a few ECF members with no previous cartotank experience have followed my method and have had great success, as verified by their testamonials following each article in the blog.

Give a decent quality cartotank a trial. I think you'll like them. :)

I recommend an IBTanked to start out with. One of my blog articles is a review of them. I have seven of them in my collection currently.

IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'm on my second 1.6 out of a pack and vaping it side by side with a Boge2.0 and Not noticing a major difference. And there definitely should be.

I think my SMK 1.7's hit harder, altho I couldn't get them to run well at all.

Carto tanks are great when you've found a juice you can vape longterm. Takes me 5sec. to fill my 6ml. tank and I'm done with doing anything other than actually vaping all day.

Do they make a 6ml. RBA tank yet???

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The master has spoken. Lol! Baditude's posts & blogs are what helped me get the hang of carto tanks. Get a cheap one from valley vapes to see how you like them. If you fall in love with them you can always purchase others.

Thanks for the shout out, Chimney. :thumb:

I have the Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks, and agree they are an excellent tank, but depending upon what battery device you are planning on putting them on, they may not be aesthetically pleasing. At least with the pyrex tanks offered by the vendor, they are only offered in one diameter, and being one inch wide can look rather "top heavy" if put on a slim PV such as an eGo battery.

I prefer recommending the IBTanked pyrex tanks, because they are offered in two diameters to choose from (19mm and 25mm). A new vapor can then choose the diameter tank that would best suit the device they plan on using it on.

The above recommended PBuardo video on cartotanks by r77r7r can also be found in my blog article on cartotank setup.

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg 19mm IBTanked on an Ego battery.

IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg 19mm IBTanked on a Mini Provari mod.

IBTanked25mmsb.jpg 25mm IBTanked on a Silver Bullet mod.

clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks on a BB and Silver Bullet.

Last edited:

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Thanks for the shout out, Chimney. :thumb:

I have the Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks, and agree they are an excellent tank, but depending upon what battery device you are planning on putting them on, they may not be aesthetically pleasing. At least with the pyrex tanks offered by the vendor, they are only offered in one diameter, and being one inch wide can look rather "top heavy" if put on a slim PV such as an eGo battery.

I prefer recommending the IBTanked pyrex tanks, because they are offered in two diameters to choose from (19mm and 25mm). A new vapor can then choose the diameter tank that would best suit the device they plan on using it on.

View attachment 190601 19mm IBTanked on an Ego battery.

View attachment 190602 19mm IBTanked on a Mini Provari mod.

View attachment 190603 25mm IBTanked on a Silver Bullet mod.

View attachment 190606 Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks on a BB and Silver Bullet.

Absolutely! You know I have a bit of bias now that I only love one device. Lol! Didn't even think to ask what they would be putting the tank on.

sivo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2013
    Montreal
    hmm lots of reading before tomorrow, also 2 things, i use a vamo right now, and i am in canada, truly enjoy getting my stuff in 1-2 days so i mainly order from canvape or east coast, either way once i figure out which to try first i will for sure try to step into the carto/tank world, i am convinced that the big tanks would fit nicely on my vamo :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    hmm lots of reading before tomorrow, also 2 things, i use a vamo right now, and i am in canada, truly enjoy getting my stuff in 1-2 days so i mainly order from canvape or east coast, either way once i figure out which to try first i will for sure try to step into the carto/tank world, i am convinced that the big tanks would fit nicely on my vamo :D
    IBTanked will soon be offering a third diameter size tank in their selection, a 22mm, which will probably fit a Vamo perfectly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread