Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I mix 10% Juicy Peach, 5% vanilla swirl, 5% vanilla custard and 5 drops of koolada pure VG for a 30ML bottle. Love it. Guava and Mango had an odd taste to it, and Im not a fan of watermelon candies, so I dot have a lot of experience with that. I did find that mixing a touch of dragonberry in, say 3% add just a little extra fruit to the taste. Might try something like that.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
All are stand alone flavours. Guava is at 8%, watermelon candy at 15%, mango at 10%. Only a few I felt were passable were juicy peach and apple.

Look at the TFA thread in the DIY section great tips and recipes. Most TFA flavors are not stand alones, they need to be mixed with something else to shine. It is frustrating but cool in some ways. Frustrating starting out when you just want to vae a cheap DIY batch of juice and it isn't working. But very cool when you get the hang of it, as you know you can add a tfa flavor as an accent and usually it won't take over the mix.

Good luck. I hope you keep at it until you hit on a recipe that is great. and share t with us of course.

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
That mega melons sounds good, I'll have to try that. I add 2 drops of TFA sour per 10 ml of finished juice to all my fruit mixes, at that level it doesn't come across as sour but makes the flavor brighter.

Most any fruit flavoring you have, mix it in a 2 to 1 ratio with TFA whipped cream, it's not custard creamy but it gives it a fuller taste/mouth feel.

Enjoy the journey!

I think this is good suggestion. I not try this yet but I will whenever the shipment arrive.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have flavours from tfa,
    The Key Lime flavor I use is from TFA. I've only used it at about 1% in a 30ml mix of 50/50 PG/VG 24ml Nic base, but I think in my next batch I'm going to try 2.5% or 3% of it. Even at 1% it tastes just fine to me, I just want to try a bit more. The bottle of PG/VG/Nic I ordered today is 75/25 PG VG, so 1% might be where I go back to when I use that base..

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    As mentioned, these as stand alone,some will be bleh....i can see juicy peach being best solo out of these....need some creams and sweetener to improve or blending with other complimentary flavors to round things out(think of some of these flavors as building blocks, put together to work better...some not all) Cool of you to test solo though, gives a good idea of individual flavor tastes, but many from tfa do need some supports...many other companies out there to try that may provide a better flavor for you too(ex...took many orders to find my raspberry I wanted, not tfa)...trial and error part of diy to Hone in on what you want specifically, good luck with your diy!

Pinapple

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Rockaway Beach
    Just wanna see a big THANK YOU to all that have helped me. I tried mixing some strawberry with mango and let it steep for a few days. The flavour was lacking so I added a few drops of EM, let it sit overnight and tasted it. WOW what a great difference! The inhale tastes of strawberry, with small notes of mango in it. I'll definitely be mixing a lot more! ;)

The strongest selling point for TFA flavors is that they work so well together when mixed. You can blend them together to make some very complex flavors. I like to create a "base" first (made up either creams or sweeteners) and then add flavorings on top. Check out the TFA mega thread, everybody is super helpful and always share new ideas.

Reactions: baseballmom
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread