Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I highly recommend Flavour Arts.

Check out this thread with many recipes and tips sprinkled throughout: Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings.

Another place to get FA recipes is from ECF member HeadInClouds. She has MANY recipes. And then you can also check out these places for DIY Recipes (many different flavor companies used).

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

Last edited:

Madmunky8me

Sep 4, 2014
London, UK
Well...after a week of steeping the flavours are still pants!! Taste semi ok(ish) when I vape at 6.0watts or lower - anything higher and it tastes awful and burnt - then seems to ruin the coil as when it's turned back down to 6W it's still a burnt taste!!!! I've now purchased some Capella concentrates so waiting for the order to arrive and will see how these go instead :)

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
once you find flavors that taste good you will find different fruits taste better at lower watts and some a little higher most of my settings for a 1.2ohm coil is between 8-10 watts for the best flavor , strawberry i vape on the low end where lemon or tangerine may be on the high end , but until you find flavors you can get right your settings may have to wait a bit

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Madmunky8me, when you order the flavor concentrate from venders they should have a percent ratio they recommend mixing @ TFA, HA, CAP are very good and you could try mixing 10 ml without nic, just to rule out you don't have some bad nic, for the fruity and candy ones you will have little to no steep time and you can always add more drops to taste.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Do you have store bought juices that work good? Once you burn your wick nothing will taste good any more :(

Well...after a week of steeping the flavours are still pants!! Taste semi ok(ish) when I vape at 6.0watts or lower - anything higher and it tastes awful and burnt - then seems to ruin the coil as when it's turned back down to 6W it's still a burnt taste!!!! I've now purchased some Capella concentrates so waiting for the order to arrive and will see how these go instead :)

Madmunky8me

Sep 4, 2014
London, UK
Store brought juices are good and work well at higher watts also. I'm using 2.1ohm coils on a innokin svd. As I'm new to this it seems to be more trial and error than results the mo lol. I will change the wick at some point as it's a new coil.
Zero Nic juices also taste bad so it's definitely something I've done. PG VG no flav and no Nic taste good - no burnt taste on its own at higher watts

FastRope71

Verified Member
There is no good shortcut to find YOUR sweet spot on flavor. The best advice I can give you is to obtain an inexpensive dripper that doesn't screw down, but only uses o-rings to seal (faster, because you just pull the top off), and do a single horizontal coil/wick. Make a fairly long piece of cotton wick of the appropriate diameter for your coil and cut small lengths off as needed to sample the flavor as you adjust. I usually test with 1.5-2.0 ohm coils, and around 3.5-4 volts at 5-7 watts

Once you have an easy, quick change setup for testing/flavor adjustment, make a small batch (3ml or so) of too strong flavor (say 20%). With a larger batch of unflavored nic mix, drip 10 drops of flavored and 10 drops of unflavored (or 5/5) into a soft drink bottle cap. Use a 1ml or 3ml syringe to mix it by repeatedly sucking it up and discharging it back into the bottle cap. Wet your wick and try it. Note the result (especially if you like it), pull the wick, dry burn, insert new wick, adjust recipe, repeat.

You'll find that it goes pretty fast this way.

If you PM me, I can send you an Excel spread sheet that will make it easy to adjust from different base strengths (I may not reply immediately as I often travel for work).

using small bits of your wick that only take a few (6 or less) drops to saturate, try each level. If you are starting from 20% then:
ratio of Base: 20% Flavored mix = Final %
1 :19 =19%
1 :9 =18%
3 :17 =17%
1 :4 =16%
1 :3 =15%
3 :7 =14%
7 :13 =13%
2 :3 =12%
9 :11 =11%
1 :1 =10%
11 :9 =9%