Tinnitus and vaping....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I have to say that I have it pretty bad... always have, but always had low blood pressure too.

I've had it way before vaping, and when I heard that vaping could cause it, I've tried a few days without vaping..no change.

And the "attacks" are completely random, I'll get it to ear shuttering levels at any time of the day, regardless if I haven't vaped in hours...

It's gotten seriously worse in the last couple of years, since my cancer surgery, but my health has been horrible regardless.. this has been just one more to the pile I live with everyday.

I long for the few moments that I hear silence now. Do I think vaping is causing it.. not really, it's been no different if I vape or not.

I vape 50/50 and very little nic (under 3) or none at all.

I'll have to try making a few 100% VG bottles and see if there's a difference.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Sorry man, wish I could help. I've had ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a little kid. I can't say vaping has effected it at all, or at least not that I've noticed. But I also have hearing loss, specifically I'm missing some of the higher frequencies. My doctor said that losing frequencies can jack with how your brain processes sound, and cause ringing in the ears. Couldn't tell me for sure though. Do you have any hearing loss?

You could try eliminating components of your juices one by one, to try and track down the problem. Though...I would caution you against deciding for sure that vaping is what's causing your flair ups, without any proof. It may be the case, it may not. Correlation does not equal causation. In any case, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it next time you see him/her.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Ok, since last night.. vaping just a little bit and 100% VG, no nic at all. (and dang it's like sucking on nothing much, my coils/winking are handling it but barely)

I'm thinking over 12 hours so far as I write this should be a fair amount of time to "clear" my system. My "standard" amount of nic is in the range of 1 to 2(if that) mg I would estimate... so I don't believe it would take long to clear up.

The ringing is the same (high and low points regardless of activity), the only time it was lesser so far today was while eating lunch.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
But I also have hearing loss, specifically I'm missing some of the higher frequencies. My doctor said that losing frequencies can jack with how your brain processes sound, and cause ringing in the ears. Couldn't tell me for sure though. Do you have any hearing loss?

For me, been trying to get a freaking audio test done for 2 years now, missing one (part of my health issues) and they've been giving me the runaround since.

I fully expect that I've lost some part of my hearing, even though aside ubber high frequencies, I've tried several online audio test and passed them for the most part.

What I believe it is for me, my ex (turned out to be mentally ill - no joke) would yell a lot at me, and since then, I have trouble making out what some people say, with appears linked to their voices' range (sometimes a LOT of trouble).

If that relates my this constant ringing, can't say, according to scans, nothing "looks" wrong, and I can still hear just about anything, and this is like a second set of ears that's getting this high pitched hissing being blasted in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread