U.S.A: PACT Act 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Jules, just until New Years, I will be back to Gandalf in a few days. I haven't heard you in a while, I was hoping the nicotine experiment hadn't put you out of commission!! Glad to see you are still around. :)
Hi Jerry,

How goes it???

*LOL* New Years constitutes a new moniker.. I used to do that on forums, but gave up *LOL*

I had posted what occured and also sent you a pm about how the liquid worked.. If worse came to worse I'd use it, but would get a differant pipe tobacco... The flavor was fine but it had that sort of aftertaste to it..

I saved some money and got a 1.2 liter (tobacco flavor 36mg) plus 100mls (RY4 flavor 28mg)from
E-liquid Web Shop CN
It was really a great deal economically and the flavors are great.. Being that they use Western Union it took afew weeks to get it, but that was fine with me.. They had just decided prior to my order not to have a minimum order anymore so that was a plus.. Then for the holidays, they also sent me a wonderful "Vivo" e-ciggie kit (M401) for free.... Really enjoyed dealing with Royal Smokers and hopefully will be able to in the future..

You better be ready for the New Year.. :thumbs:

This may be a bumpy ride............ :rolleyes:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
The PACT act has passed the Senate by unanimous consent. Not one senator spoke out against it. This is a shoe in to be signed by President Obama.
S. 1147: PACT Act (GovTrack.us)

I'll let others with more knowledge of legal issues give opinions of what the impact of this bill will be, but it's certainly a big blow against tobacco reduced harm products. This would include Swedish snus, dissolvables and nasal snuff.

Hopefully we can actually get these products in the future. We will be paying higher prices, and it will be a bigger hassle to get it.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
mailing is a lot different than using a courier services so it would up the cost to get the shipment but they would still be able to get pass the no mailing that way.. just like I can not mail a contagious virus but a courier could deliver it legally.

to bypass online sales.. 1. phone in orders.. 2. a catalog with a order form.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
mailing is a lot different than using a courier services so it would up the cost to get the shipment but they would still be able to get pass the no mailing that way.. just like I can not mail a contagious virus but a courier could deliver it legally.

to bypass online sales.. 1. phone in orders.. 2. a catalog with a order form.

Forbidding USPS from delivering would only be a minor setback. The real problems are future availability and astronomical taxes imposed by Big Brother and his little sisters. As cigarette smokers we were repeatedly raped by lawmakers, so we found a healthier, cheaper, unintrusive and eco-friendly way to continue having our nicotine and live happily ever after. Now we're getting bullied and raped again :-x.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Maybe we can become runners , like the old bootleggers uses to have.

Oh don't worry. The smartest thing organized crime could do is start bootlegging cigarettes. I fully expect to see them in this market, just as they did with liquor in the 30s.

As for me, I am growing my own tobacco to make my own snus. The FEDS ain't get so much as one more dime from me in tobacco tax money.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Ok Stubby. I'm on the way to pick up Dredbull, then we'll head over to your place......we'll stop for some rock salt and nails for that shotgun on the way ;).

I meant shotgun in the vehicle. That's a term you don't hear much anymore, but it means riding in the front passenger seat. I can bring a shotgun though.

There is a bit of family history in this as my father ran moonshine. It was a deep family secret that only came out after he passed away at a very old age.

I'll try not to derail this important thread anymore.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I meant shotgun in the vehicle. That's a term you don't hear much anymore, but it means riding in the front passenger seat. I can bring a shotgun though.

There is a bit of family history in this as my father ran moonshine. It was a deep family secret that only came out after he passed away at a very old age.

I'll try not to derail this important thread anymore.

Aahh......ok, you ride shotgun with the shotgun :). Sounds like you got it the blood ;).

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
The PACT act has passed the Senate by unanimous consent. Not one senator spoke out against it. This is a shoe in to be signed by President Obama.
S. 1147: PACT Act (GovTrack.us)

I'll let others with more knowledge of legal issues give opinions of what the impact of this bill will be, but it's certainly a big blow against tobacco reduced harm products. This would include Swedish snus, dissolvables and nasal snuff.

Hopefully we can actually get these products in the future. We will be paying higher prices, and it will be a bigger hassle to get it.

I'd avise moving a synopsis of this thread to the CASAA forum...

Fred? You got a problem with that?

fred.jpg

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
This is what it says at the moment:

The bill may now proceed to a conference committee of senators and representatives to work out differences in the versions of the bill each chamber approved. The bill then goes to the President before becoming law. [Last Updated: Mar 18, 2010 12:32PM]

BTW, Stubby: I can't pay attention. I'm too broke.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
This is what it says at the moment:

The bill may now proceed to a conference committee of senators and representatives to work out differences in the versions of the bill each chamber approved. The bill then goes to the President before becoming law. [Last Updated: Mar 18, 2010 12:32PM]

BTW, Stubby: I can't pay attention. I'm too broke.

The difference in the Senate bill and the original House bill was that the Senate bill gutted any Federal enforcement. I believe they are sections 4 and 7. The House bill set up a bureaucracy and enforcement devision, gone in the Senate bill. Also gone was any Federal money for the bill and access to Federal courts. All enforcement was left up to the states with no Federal support.

For any criminals looking for a new enterprise the Senate version of the PACT act was a big fat welcome mate. Hello black market tobacco.

I don't know what the current House version is or what the committee members are up to. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread