VaporMoon & The Saber Touch Official Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
I also like the fact that you put a instruction sheet in with this mod.....thanks !

One question Sir....should noalox be applied to the end cap at some time to avoid seizing it up ? I had to do that with the silver bullet and was wondering about this mod. The threads dont look like that would ever happen but was wondering what you thought ?
Glad you brought this up...

On the SB, you have aluminum touching aluminum. That is a situation that needs noalox so that is doesn't seize up.

On The Saber Touch, it's Brass touching Aluminum. You don't need to apply anything to the threads. It won't ever seize up. This is one reason I chose these metals.

And, I recommend using Mother's Aluminum Polish to keep it nice and shiny. That's what we use just before shipping.

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Speaking from experience with GG mods with brass end caps and aluminum bodies, noalox is not entirely necessary as two different metals in contact with one another are very unlikely to seize as easy as two of the same metals in contact with each other.

That being said, all of my brass/aluminum mods still get a very very light coating of noalox "just in case".

I personally use Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and Cape Cod Cleaning Cloths on my aluminum/brass mods. I bought Cape Cod Cloths off ebay and they can also be found at Lowe's. They are very clean, no thick polish to buff off, and have a nice scent. I use Mothers when my mods need a deep cleaning.

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Speaking from experience with GG mods with brass end caps and aluminum bodies, noalox is not entirely necessary as two different metals in contact with one another are very unlikely to seize as easy as two of the same metals in contact with each other.

That being said, all of my brass/aluminum mods still get a very very light coating of noalox "just in case".

I personally use Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and Cape Cod Cleaning Cloths on my aluminum/brass mods. I bought Cape Cod Cloths off ebay and they can also be found at Lowe's. They are very clean, no thick polish to buff off, and have a nice scent. I use Mothers when my mods need a deep cleaning.
You can if apply it if you want to, but I hate the greasy mess, and I hate getting that stuff on my batteries.

boomboom, has yours been delivered yet? I'm so anxious to find out because after your request to buy a Saber Touch, everyone up you way seems to be ordering them like crazy!
I just want to make sure I addressed it plain enough for customs.

Thanks

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
Ok thanks ! Was just wondering...just in case...

This contrast between the 2 colors is stunning...

I love the shiny....it doesnt seem to hold fingerprints so far...but i guess with age it will need to be polished.
That's why we use Mother's before shipping. It makes it almost like a mirror, and kinda hides finger prints for a while. And let me tell you, getting stock 6061 Aluminum to look shiny like that is a very time consuming process I do on my lathe. But I love to see the metal transform from very dull and ugly to something beautifully polished. I guess the time spent is worth it!

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
You can if apply it if you want to, but I hate the greasy mess, and I hate getting that stuff on my batteries.

boomboom, has yours been delivered yet? I'm so anxious to find out because after your request to buy a Saber Touch, everyone up you way seems to be ordering them like crazy!
I just want to make sure I addressed it plain enough for customs.

Thanks

Nothing received yet. I'll post here when I get it. Good to see the sales have really taken off!

Sir_Lawrence

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Maryland
vapormoon.com
You really need to keep this thread near the top...so i'll help post on it occasionally to keep it up there....the other thread takes over this one..and this should be the main one.
You are right. But we need to keep the other up to date as well so people know the contest moved there.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
yep....prolly need to post in here about the contest thread over there....link it to there like you did before...that will keep them both current i think.

Anyways...im going to prowl around for awhile. Natura is excited about getting her Saber this week...She really is a sweetheart...glad she got one. Hope smiley gets one this week too !

Whoever wins the free one is going to be so happy :) Talk to you soon Sir. And this is really an amazing thing you are doing, giving people the chance to get one at a discounted rate. You are a stand up guy.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Clumsy, I think I need you on my Public Relation staff!

hahaha..be glad to help out. Theres a few suppliers here that i dont mind helping at all. A very few mod's that i really truely love. I try to help with reviews n such....so its a pleasure to do it. Its exciting as well !

Take care of you..and see ya later this week .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread