vivi nova keeps filling with smoke in tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatK

Apr 21, 2013
chino hills, ca, usa
Hi I just switch from dual coil carto single hole punched to a vivi nova ... the only problem I keep having is that the tank keeps filling up with smoke when I vape .. other than that the flavor is still good...no burnt taste or anything.. but every time I see the tank fill with smoke ...it bugs the heck out of me... does anyone know what's going on with my vivi? I'm also new to it but it just starting doing this after I've purchased it for about a week now

NatK

Apr 21, 2013
chino hills, ca, usa
:( this is driving me nuts!

Attachments

• IMG_20130420_165910_503.jpg
    IMG_20130420_165910_503.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 358

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If it really bugs you, try this:

Take off the top round part.
Take off the silicone sleeve.
Push the steel washer inside it down towards the battery slightly. 1 mm or 1/32".
Put the sleeve back but push it only so far as to make contact between the steel washer and the center post. The sleeve will be a bit high.
Put the top piece back on.
Vape.

Hope this helps!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
1) Make sure the FLAT side of the little metal washer inside the silicone sleeve is facing down towards the coil. Also inspect the silicone sleeve for nicks around the top edge where it meets the metal cap.
2) Follow Ryedan's post.
3) change out both the coil head and the sleeve. Make sure it's screwed on tight.
4) It's not smoke, so you don't have to worry about it :D

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
:( this is driving me nuts!

If the top grommet that sits under the drip tip has a snug fit the only other place I could imagine vapor sneaking in is if you didn't have the head screwed down tight, other than that a defective tank with a hole in the center air-shaft? If that were the case you'd also be leaking juice everywhere.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just tried it! But its still the same . But thank you! I'll keep trying ...maybe I'm doing it wrong

Nat, if it is giving you a good quality vape, it really doesn't matter. It's not like it's hurting anything. Look at it this way ... you have one of the special ones with the added feature of vapor appearing in the tank. I say enjoy it while it lasts :smokie: :thumb:

NatK

Apr 21, 2013
chino hills, ca, usa
Nat, if it is giving you a good quality vape, it really doesn't matter. It's not like it's hurting anything. Look at it this way ... you have one of the special ones with the added feature of vapor appearing in the tank. I say enjoy it while it lasts :smokie: :thumb:

I know I know I just got some ocd Lol. But that's a great way of putting it though! I just thought it would do something negative to it but if not then that's good :)

jerkker

Jul 9, 2013
Finland
If it really bugs you, try this:

Take off the top round part.
Take off the silicone sleeve.
Push the steel washer inside it down towards the battery slightly. 1 mm or 1/32".
Put the sleeve back but push it only so far as to make contact between the steel washer and the center post. The sleeve will be a bit high.
Put the top piece back on.
Vape.

Hope this helps!

just googled this problem and this helped me so thank you :D but i have a cheap knockoff but still worked :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Do you still hear a sizzle/pop for a second or two after releasing the battery? I have a top coil clearo that is still atomizing juice for about a second after I release the button, and the vapor goes into the tank. It's annoying at worst.

Releasing the battery button shuts down the power supply, but it doesn't immediately "cool" the coil. Juices that really don't need a lot of heat to create vapor are still doing their thing in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread