Vivi Nova v2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
Okay, so I'm feeling like Captain Dumbass over here...

Bought a Vivi Nova (VN) and two Vivi Nova minis (VNMs for this post) from GotVapes (along with additional heads, but those were the wrong ohm, so I get to send those back. Joy.). Filled a VNM and the VN with my favorite eliquid.....getting TONS of vapor, but next to nil in the department of flavor. Now, I generally sit at about 25% flavor with my eliquids, so I didn't think the typical flavor muting that I hear about with the VN would be an issue. I'm getting a faint hint of flavor at the back of my mouth, but that's it.

How long is the typical break-in period? Once I start getting plumes of vapor, shouldn't that be enough? The taste isn't bad....but it's not good either.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
So it's not just me that always gets the wrong items sent to me when I order from GotVapes! (I know that's off topic, I posted about that in the Supplier reviews forum)

So that aside, do you mind if I ask which ohm heads you are using, and on what device? One thing I have noticed with mine is that flavor varies quite a bit based on the setting on my eGo Twist, and some of the heads don't perform as well on the setting you would think they should. (which tells me the ohms listed on the head aren't totally accurate) For example, my 2.8ohm heads seem to do better on lower volts than the 2.4ohms do.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
So it's not just me that always gets the wrong items sent to me when I order from GotVapes! (I know that's off topic, I posted about that in the Supplier reviews forum)

So that aside, do you mind if I ask which ohm heads you are using, and on what device? One thing I have noticed with mine is that flavor varies quite a bit based on the setting on my eGo Twist, and some of the heads don't perform as well on the setting you would think they should. (which tells me the ohms listed on the head aren't totally accurate) For example, my 2.8ohm heads seem to do better on lower volts than the 2.4ohms do.

I'm a first-time GotVapes customer, so I'm rather annoyed. I don't really want to spend the shipping to send them back (especially since *I'm* not the one who got it wrong. This is why I usually only order from TW and GoodProphets). But I'm doing my best to be non-cranky.

Well, my DCTs were 1.5 ohms, so I naturally went for the 1.8ohm head with a regular eGo 1000mAh. The VNMs come with 2.4ohm heads (was going to swap these out with the extra 1.8ohm heads I ordered, but since they weren't right, I can't).

Is this one of those clearos where I really DO need a VV? Or is this a matter of spending the time breaking them in? I'd like to just keep my life simple if at all possible....

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I'm a first-time GotVapes customer, so I'm rather annoyed. I don't really want to spend the shipping to send them back (especially since *I'm* not the one who got it wrong. This is why I usually only order from TW and GoodProphets). But I'm doing my best to be non-cranky.

Well, my DCTs were 1.5 ohms, so I naturally went for the 1.8ohm head with a regular eGo 1000mAh. The VNMs come with 2.4ohm heads (was going to swap these out with the extra 1.8ohm heads I ordered, but since they weren't right, I can't).

Is this one of those clearos where I really DO need a VV? Or is this a matter of spending the time breaking them in? I'd like to just keep my life simple if at all possible....

I'd definitely be frustrated too! My last 4 orders in a row have all had either a wrong item, or item missing. Needless to say my last order was literally the last one. Shame on me for even going back that many times. I left a pretty detailed review about it in the negative reviews forum.

Anyway..I've been using the 1.8s, 2.4s, and 2.8s. I notice the 2.4s taste much better on my Twist, and I don't get a ton of flavor with them on my regular eGo. The 1.8s are great on my regular eGo. There is some break in time...but in my experience it wasn't that long. The first ml or so and things started to taste great. I don't think the ohms listed on the heads are totally accurate....as my 2.4ohm heads taste better at higher settings than the 2.8ohm heads do on the Twist. 4.2.-4.4v on my Twist for the 2.4ohm head has been my sweet spot, but haven't really been able to go over 4v with the 2.8ohm heads. Odd. I definitely notice a lot less flavor when the Twist is charging and I am using those 2.4s on my regular eGo. I think you'll do better with the 1.8ohms on your regular eGo....and if you do end up getting a Twist, or other vv device, you'll probably have a great experience with the other heads as well.

This is just based on my own experience, some others may feel differently, but I hope it helps at least.

I clean the clearos prior to use and this eliminates any 'break in' period.
Most of the break in time is because there is something on/in the wick or coil that vaping over time removes.
I've used clearos since 2/12 and this is the case with every type I've tried, even my DIY wick&wire.
Every top coil clearo mutes flavor to some degree, some worse than others.
I recently tried the Kanger T2's and the new heads wouldn't wick until they were cleaned.

I have always used a VVPV since I started. I adjust the juice to taste. A VVPV can only make the juice a little better or a little worse, but it can't do nothing for flavor if the device attached to it isn't delivering.

You may try adding another cotton or silica wick strand to the top of the coil as it does help. If I remove the loose flavor strand from the T2 it will have little to zero flavor. The T2's already has this strand built in. It's loose right under the seal cup.
Sorry for all the T2 talk, but vision ego clearos were not my fav and now I stay away from them even though they get good reviews.
The T2's also mute flavor to some degree and the only clearos I really must have are my BetterLifeTech CE3's.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
I'd definitely be frustrated too! My last 4 orders in a row have all had either a wrong item, or item missing. Needless to say my last order was literally the last one. Shame on me for even going back that many times. I left a pretty detailed review about it in the negative reviews forum.

Anyway..I've been using the 1.8s, 2.4s, and 2.8s. I notice the 2.4s taste much better on my Twist, and I don't get a ton of flavor with them on my regular eGo. The 1.8s are great on my regular eGo. There is some break in time...but in my experience it wasn't that long. The first ml or so and things started to taste great. I don't think the ohms listed on the heads are totally accurate....as my 2.4ohm heads taste better at higher settings than the 2.8ohm heads do on the Twist. 4.2.-4.4v on my Twist for the 2.4ohm head has been my sweet spot, but haven't really been able to go over 4v with the 2.8ohm heads. Odd. I definitely notice a lot less flavor when the Twist is charging and I am using those 2.4s on my regular eGo. I think you'll do better with the 1.8ohms on your regular eGo....and if you do end up getting a Twist, or other vv device, you'll probably have a great experience with the other heads as well.

This is just based on my own experience, some others may feel differently, but I hope it helps at least.

As terrible as it sounds, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'll have to give the 2.4ohm head that came with the VN and see if that fairs any better. The 2.4 on the VNMs seems to have a bit more flavor, but still kinda bleh. I'm only down about a quarter of a ml, so I guess I should give it a bit more time.

Worst case scenario, I have some Phoenixes coming here shortly, so *fingers crossed* hopefully SOMETHING will work out for me. If not...I'll just have to go back to my leaky DCTs.

And yes, it definitely did help.

I'm just being whiney.

whine-expert1.jpg

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
I clean the clearos prior to use and this eliminates any 'break in' period.
Most of the break in time is because there is something on/in the wick or coil that vaping over time removes.
I've used clearos since 2/12 and this is the case with every type I've tried, even my DIY wick&wire.
Every top coil clearo mutes flavor to some degree, some worse than others.
I recently tried the Kanger T2's and the new heads wouldn't wick until they were cleaned.

I have always used a VVPV since I started. I adjust the juice to taste. A VVPV can only make the juice a little better or a little worse, but it can't do nothing for flavor if the device attached to it isn't delivering.

You may try adding another cotton or silica wick strand to the top of the coil as it does help. If I remove the loose flavor strand from the T2 it will have little to zero flavor. The T2's already has this strand built in. It's loose right under the seal cup.
Sorry for all the T2 talk, but vision ego clearos were not my fav and now I stay away from them even though they get good reviews.
The T2's also mute flavor to some degree and the only clearos I really must have are my BetterLifeTech CE3's.

Clean the clearos....any particular method you'd recommend?

BetterLifeTech's CE3..... Phoenixes? I ordered these from another vendor and they should be here this week *fingers crossed*

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
As terrible as it sounds, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'll have to give the 2.4ohm head that came with the VN and see if that fairs any better. The 2.4 on the VNMs seems to have a bit more flavor, but still kinda bleh. I'm only down about a quarter of a ml, so I guess I should give it a bit more time.

Worst case scenario, I have some Phoenixes coming here shortly, so *fingers crossed* hopefully SOMETHING will work out for me. If not...I'll just have to go back to my leaky DCTs.

And yes, it definitely did help.

I'm just being whiney.

View attachment 132088

LOL...no hard feelings, i felt the same when I saw your post....glad to know I wasn't the only one. So guess we're even! :)

I've had much better luck with the vivi novas than I did with the Phoenix clearos....but that could just be me. I hope at least one or both end up working out for you!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
my 2.4 ohms was turning the liquid Dark brown it is no happening with the 1.8 Ohms

how long they last ? I dont know after 2 weeks I discarded the first one, I dont like to go on cleaning attys

I haven't experienced the juice turning dark in these like I did with the Stardusts, not even close. Maybe a little darker toward the bottom, but not very noticeable. I am on my second use of one of my 2.4ohm heads, and its working like new. I cleaned it after about 2 weeks, and I honestly can't tell the difference between this one and a brand new one that I have going with another flavor right now.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
I haven't experienced the juice turning dark in these like I did with the Stardusts, not even close. Maybe a little darker toward the bottom, but not very noticeable. I am on my second use of one of my 2.4ohm heads, and its working like new. I cleaned it after about 2 weeks, and I honestly can't tell the difference between this one and a brand new one that I have going with another flavor right now.

I am on my 3rd or 4th week using the VN and I like it, if they are not screwed in the future I will be a VN lover

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com

I have noticed the same thing... liquid gets noticeably darker and thicker in the Stardust, and over time it happens faster and faster (scorched liquid on the coil is bleeding into the tank). But the VNs (reg and mini) don't seem to have this problem (I had some very faint coloring, and only once).

And.. for the OP: If your juice is thick it might be wicking too slowly.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Are you guys able to vape the tank dry?
I have taken the T2 to where there is about a drop or two left in the tank and I haven't noticed any flavor change.
How do the VN perform in this regard?

if you do a few times in a row you might get a burning flavor, the coil for sure is going to burn the wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread