Want to quit ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kx361

May 2, 2013
Golden, Colorado
Hi all, I know this message is a little against the grain but here I go. I'm tired of being addicted to nicotine, regardless of the method of delivery. I'm keeping my vaping a secret from the girl I've been seeing. I suspect that it could be a deal breaker and I don't want another addiction to ruin an otherwise awesome relationship. I've known I needed to stop for some time but this seals the deal. Anybody out there gone through this? I've quit analogs cold turkey before, am I in for a similar ride quitting vaping? I currently smoke 18 mg from various clearomizer tanks, 5 hard hits per hour if not more. Any tips on quitting as soon as I can would be greatly appreciated, and for the record you all have been awesome helping me find the right combo in the past, and I will miss this community. Thanks in advance-Mike

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
One of the best things about vaping is that you don't need to go "cold turkey". If you want to decrease or eliminate your nicotine intake, you can can decrease the nicotine concentration in your liquids quite easily, and step down at whatever pace you chose.

You can purchase unflavored VG or PG, or 0 mg/ml flavored liquids and mix with the flavors you already have. Or you can just get refill liquids with lower nic concentrations. As you step down in nicotine, you may notice that you (temporarily?) use a little more liquid while you get used to the lower concentration.

Once you're at low or 0mg/ml concentrations you can work on the behavioral part, and expand the times where you don't use your PV

Good luck to you.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I was going to say something about deception and relationships, but I'll censor myself and not give unsolicited advice.

As CES pointed out, there is no reason to go cold-turkey and it is easy to adjust the mg/ml of nicotine yourself.

In addition, it is pretty easy to find 6mg/ml and 12mg/ml nicotine content. So if you don't want to adjust your nicotine strength yourself, you can just purchase it in a lower concentration. You should be able to tell if the lower nicotine content is working for you and it could be another great way to lower yourself down without some of the mental/personality effects of stopping an addiction cold turkey.

(Since the object of your affection does not know about your nicotine intake, it might be doubly confusing to them if you started acting like someone going through withdraws.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread