Want2Vape Vapenstein Managua 15ml/0mg nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
The following ramblings are my initial impressions of Managua. Yeah, I know you’re supposed to let a juice steep before reviewing. What can I say, I’m a vaping rebel.:p I’ll be sure to update this review as time rolls along. I do want to record how this e-liquid evolves in flavor and performance.

Straight out of the mailbox you’ll notice some cosmetic differences between Want2Vape’s usual fare and the Vapenstein collection.

Want2Vape’s standard e-liquid packaging is a squat, mostly clear plastic bottle which is easy to squeeze and mimics the packaging of 90% of other vendors I have ordered from. IOW, the bottle is functional and fine. The Vapenstein collection is touted as a choice tobacco vape and the packaging is supposed to reflect that premium feel.

In this regard, the marketing effort succeeds, sorta.

Managua comes in an amber colored 15ml glass bottle, complete with pipette dropper. The bottle was carefully bubble wrapped for safe transport and safety sealed to boot. So far, so good.

And then I look at the label.

“Want2Vape
Vapenstein Blend
Premium Tobac
Managua
Danger!

0mg 70PG/30VG”

And that’s it. No lot numbers, no expiration or born on dates. I suppose since the whole idea of a Vapenstein juice is one of being painstakingly crafted in the lab by a mad scientist flavor mixologist, I wanted to see some science stuff on the label.

But the label isn’t the vape, now is it?

When I smoked, I occasionally enjoyed a cigar. My preference leaned towards maduros. My favorite was Ashton, a #10 please. On a pleasant evening, I would fix myself a drink, turn on some tunes, find a seat out on the porch and watch the sun go down. I decided to spend some time with Managua in exactly the same fashion. So, with drink in hand and Floyd on the stereo, I was off to acquaint myself with Managua.

Flavor was vaped on my trusty stock Riva510.

First, credit where credit is due: There is not a single ounce, hint, impression, or suggestion of any artificial flavorings or chemical nut flavor that seems so prevalent in just about every dang tobacco vape out there. Immediately I am appreciative of Want2Vape’s skill at producing a tobacco vape that actually tastes like tobacco. Performance and flavor is important for any vaper, but it’s my opinion those qualities are critical for us non nicotine vapers since our enjoyment isn’t based on nicotine hit, but solely on the vapor texture and the vapor flavor. I’ve read where people forgive poor flavor or vapor because the nicotine sizzle makes up for that in some way. To each their own, but flavor and performance is really all I get, so I want it to be solid. Lucky me, the flavor profile on Managua is solid.

On inhale, I taste suggestions of dark chocolate and bitter coffee. It’s that quality right there that made me such a fan of maduros in the first place. I’ll grant you, the flavor on inhale is subtle, and I hope with a bit of steep time this quality will deepen, but I like what I taste straight out of the gate. Exhale is a pleasantly mild earthy tobacco.

Managua is not as rich as the real deal, but then again, this juice is less than a week old. Even so, I greatly enjoyed the hour I spent with Managua, and I can’t say that about 99% of the vapes I’ve purchased. Managua took me back to a place in time when I could smoke a stogie and not worry about the health consequences. Managua satisfied my cigar longings with ease even though vapor production was slightly less than I would have liked. My SO gave the vapor aroma a thumbs up, saying it smelled good.

Would I purchase again? Yes, but of course Managua is on a limited run, so if you’re even slightly intrigued, you better grab some before it’s gone. Vapenstein has promised to develop a replacement juice for Managua that he says will blow our minds. I hope that’s the case as his first foray into maduro cigar vapes scores solidly. It’s good stuff.

Oh, and just in case you wondered, there is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it’s all dark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread