What am I missing? Have you tried these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Any comments?
I have tried a few new vendors lately and been super impressed... Here are some I have heard some nice stuff about - liquids they specialize in? Things to avoid? Any one of these folks do Menthol well or have anything truly unique? Not fond of cinnamon, caramel, nutty tobaccos or flavourart...
Thanks, LT

Mountain Oak Vapors

Bee e-liquid

Vermillion River

The Standard

Vapor Chef

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey tango, long time no see!

Of your list I've only tried MOV and Vermillion. I have not tried any menthol from these guys, as I haven't been vaping menthol since my early BMV days, over a year ago.

However, if you want tobacco flavors these are the ones I would recommend from both of these, given your listed dislikes:

MOV: Sunday Morning is my favorite, a little coffee, medium cream and medium tobacco flavor to my palate. Also I thoroughly enjoy Southern Gentleman, which is kind of a funky, liquor infused pipe tobacco (to me it's a bourbon or sherry/port or something that is quite tasty). Another really good one is Pendragon, a cherry vanilla cigar or pipe flavor, they say anyway, the flavors other than tobacco are quite subtle to me, but I really dig it. Apache is a newer one, quite a bold heavy tobacco, not at all cigarette-like either. These are all NETs, so very authentic tobacco flavors, and are part of their Tennessee Gold Label line. Their Tennessee Silver label juices are not NETs, and I've only had two of these, their Smoky Mountain 555, which like you, was not my thing, nutty. Also their Applewood tobacco, which is decent but I like Vermillion's much, much more, and VRs is a NET, so more in line with my personal vaping philosophy and preference.

Vermillion River: like I said above, their Kentucky Premium Applewood is wonderful to my palate. Very sweet and striking natural apple flavor. They have KY Premium cherrywood, maplewood, and the KY Premium base itself as well, again all NETs. I've had all of these and the applewood. Is the one I will reorder, it stands out a little more to me, but since they all use the same base, which is Maple-y sweet, they are all quite similar. Another pretty decent NET of theirs I've had is the Poker Blend. They also have a Game Night NET, which I have NOT yet tried. Poker Blend is very dry and more of a cigarette flavor, to me. I think it would work very well with adding menthol, but sadly it doesn't appear to be an option. They do have several menthol tobaccos which I believe are not NETs.

I find VR to be pretty good, MOV to be even better. Some others you may want to check out, if you haven't already are Ahlusion, Good e-Juice, QuickNicJuice, Heathers Heavenly Vapes (I think you have tried them already if I recall), Want2Vape, and MyVapeJuice. These Re purveyors of NETs as well as non-NET tobaccos that I have tried and enjoy. Some or most do offer menthol additions to their juices if that is of interest. There are quite a few tobaccos, and particularly NET tobaccos from other vendors I have yet to try, so if you want a more exhaustive list, ask around in the natural tobacco thread, or the shortcut thread, NETty Awards.

Good luck and happy vaping!

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I second the vote for MOV. Everything I've had from them has been very solid (I've tried 10+ flavors).
That being said I think their tobacco flavors and fruit flavors are where they shine. The deserts are good too but I liked them a bit less (besides rootbeer).
The only thing I dislike is the inability to select pg/vg ratio, but I suppose they formulated them to taste best at that ratio. They do however allow custom menthol levels on everything.

I've been meaning to give vermilion a try as well. If you go that route let us know how you like it.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
MountainOakVapors is the only one I've tried from that list. I'm a huge fan of their NET line, and heard good things and am looking forward to their arti-baccos. Black Forest looks like a very unique arti-bacco with some interesting flavors including anise.

My favorite from their NET line is Pendragon. I included it in the NETty awards. Some find the flavor light, but I find it perfect. Notes of cherry and vanilla. Most of them have a smooth sweetness reminiscent of HHV, but different and unique to them. Sunday Morning is fantastic, but the coffee notes fade quickly for me so I only vape it for short sessions. Southern Gentelman has a little more tobacco punch and still carries that signature silky smooth sweetness. I'm undecided on the Virginia Flake RY4. The caramel sometimes works for me but more often has some popcorn notes I'm not big on.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread