What do you want from your juice supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
*** Disclaimer***

I am not going to talk about any specific supplier in this thread and I would appreciate it if nobody else does either...

I was reading the 12 page thread about PEG and its safety and I a few people commented on this stuff, so I thought I might make a thread dedicated to the subject.

I freely admit I am going to start manufacturing juice soon, I am not making this thread to advertise, but rather to find out what makes a good supplier.

*** End Disclaimer***

My personal "Want" list from a supplier

1. Ingredients: This is tough, because unlike someone that manufactures potato chips, most manufacturers aren't even going to know if thier base juices contain 1ppm of magnesium or whatever. What I DO want to know, is that the juice I am buying consists of PURE nicotine (not 10% nic cut with god knows what imported from china) USP grade PG, VG, & PGA, and flavorings from a reputable source.

What I definately DON'T want is someone to slap a lable that says those things on some juice they imported premade from china when they dont really KNOW whats in it.

2. Strength: I, and nobody in thier right mind, Is going to pay to have someones juice assayed for strength... so for now I guess its just a trust issue, and I have to take it on faith that when a supplier tells me that this bottle is 24 mg/mL ... thats what it really is.

3. Flavors: I bought a small bottle of "Sweet Orange" from a supplier (who I will not be buying from again) ... I swear they just put 20 drops of artificial orange flavoring into some PG / Nic base and sent it out the door... it was Dry, not "sweet" at ALL, and entirely not good. I have tried an RY4 from one supplier that was so sweet I had to cut it in half just to smoke it. A bottles of Chocolate and Coffee I have gotten were almost black in color, absolute atomizer killers regardless of flavor.

There are several AWESOME juice makers that know what they are doing... good BALANCED (and strong) flavors made with quality ingredients and no extra coloring or natural sugars (burn).

4. Bottles: My business partner and I had a discussion about this that really didn't go anywhere. Personally I would like to get my supplies in child proof plastic dropper bottles... He seems to like glass. I think this is personal preference. I prefer plastic because you cant drop it and make a mess, It won't break or crack in shipping, drip tops are easier (for me) to use than droppers, and the child proof cap still keeps it safe for little guys. You guys will have to let me know what you think about this one.

5. Consistency: I don't want to order a flavor, love it, order a larger bottle, and find out it has half the flavor or tastes completely different. If recipes are going to change, at least post it under the discription of the juice please.

6. Shipping: all my juice has come in poly USPS shipper envelopes (another advange imho to plastic bottles) except the glass bottle of 100 mg/mL that I bought... it was a glass bottle in a box filled with packing peanuts. I live in an apartment so they mailman can stuff those envelopes in my box, but anything in a box goes in the large mailbox and I get a key... or it goes to the office and I have to go get it from them during buisness hours.

I have never paid extra for shipping... I always order from the USA and everything gets to me in like 3-4 days... I'm pretty OK with that. I never let my supplies get low enough to not last 3-4 days hehe

7. Lables: I never even thought about this, but people on the PEG thread seemed to say they wanted poison lables and maybe some other stuff... personally I'm pretty ok with a flavor name and strength.

8. Freebies: what to say here... I've gotten lots of freebies from the different places I have ordered from, but honestly I haven't even used half of em. I think one place sent me some Egg Nog for free because they couldn't sell the damn stuff.... I'm OK with freebies but don't send me a free menthol sample when I ordered raspberry, ... duh?

9. Customer service: If I read you have bad customer service I am about 90% less likely to order from you, whether you are a big or small company. The one time I have had a problem it was from a company that people on this board spoke highly of... and my replacement Item was in the mail to me after 1 e-mail, before they even recieved my defective item... THATS customer service.

10. Price: saved this one for last. I have ordered Juices across a variety of price ranges.. I have gotten GREAT juices for cheap.. and OK juices for expensive... and the other way around too. since I use maybe 60-90 mL of juice a month I don't care so much if one bottle is a few $ more than another... but I am NOT going to pay $1 / mL. I also really don't want to pay extra for your Custom graphics on my bottle. I personally think a fair price is nothing more than $0.55 - $0.60 / mL (in 30 mL bottles... I understand paying more per mL in smaller bottles) for QUALITY juice. Sites that sell juice for $0.30 / mL almost scare me because I don't want a 30 mL bottle of something nasty... (i guess i could give it away to my friends LOL)

Thats all I can think of for now.

please stop in an leave some thoughts... Help me become the best supplier I can, and help the current suppliers understand the things you do and dont like and why they need to keep it up or change thier ways !!

Grim

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I would like a supplier that stocks not only a wide selection of great juices and DIY mixing supplies, but also offers fair prices on ALL popular PV's and accessories. Additionally, while I appreciate the convenience of flat rate shipping, I would definitely like an over-night option for those "emergency situations". Speaking of emergency situations, how about a supplier that maintains consistent stock 99% of the time? It really agitates me when I have to "step down" to a lesser juice for God knows how long because the supplier of the "good juice" can't keep there own product in stock! Now I'm hassled by trying to find another juice that fills the shoes of the one I am used to! I would also like to see discounts, freebies, and other incentives for loyal customers; arranged in tiers like after10, 20, 50, and 100 orders you get a,b,c,and d. or similarly but with total dollar amounts instead of the amount of orders (that could be abused). Another REALLY nice touch would be a maintenance plan where I could specify a quantity and type of juice(s) that would be delivered monthly and auto-charged to my credit card. That's it for now. Hope that helps you out!

GrandPoobah

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Samples! I know they are a pain, but I would be happy to pay for sample packs. Also what would really kick ... is to be able to get a free sample with a regular purchase. Nothing sucks more that having 30ml of a flavor you hate.

If I ordered my usual 30ml (or a certain dollar amount) juice, getting 3ml of something new to try would be fantastic. If it sucks, no biggie, its just 3ml. But if I like it, I could order more.

It might be easy to do this with overstocked juices. Have a quick list of samples that are available on checkout. This way you wouldn't have to fill 3ml bottles on request, and people who know what they hate wouldn't get stuck with samples they don't like.

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
there is no reason to be out of stock on something for any considerable period of time unless you are buying from someone that is just a reseller (who also has no Idea what is really in the product they are selling then)

Samples ... I have ordered sample packs in the past ... out of the 10 bottles I ordered I only used 3 and the rest are in a drawer (emergency stock I suppose) ... but it WAS helpful to me to be able to test out several flavors without ordering big bottles. my biggest problem is of course the amount of work required to hand mix tons of 3mL bottles..

Do you think it would be a fair trade to have the 3mL sample size available in only one strength (say 12 mg/mL) that would cut down the work considerably and still let people try flavors without commitment?

JoeD4: I understand your request... but that is a pretty tall order... maybe not impossible... but impossible for me hehe... Good advice for established suppliers though im sure.

I will however include some DIY stuff for sure

Grim

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
Grimtooth: My post was more of a wish list than a list of demands. Not sure which part was impossible but no worries. It sounds like you are doing the research necessary to do your best and that's all anyone can ask of anyone. I think it's smart to know ones limitations and acknowledge them instead making promises one could never keep. Who knows, maybe one day you can do it all and then some! Let me know when you're up and running. I wouldn't mind giving your juice a try! PEACE!!!

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Hello, Grimtooth. I sure enjoyed reading your initial post and felt that it was well thought-out and pretty comprehensive. The thing that comes immediately to mind for me - and to an extent, I guess it is covered under "Customer Service" - is communication. I want excellent communication from a supplier. If something is going to be hard to get back in stock, let me know so I can decide if I want to order more now. When my order ships, please let me know that too. If there is a delay in filling my order, I don't have an issue with that - it happens, but please advise me of such so I'm not scrambling to cover my needs at the last minute. If possible, keep the customers apprised of upcoming sales. I hate buying $100 worth of juice at midnight only to find that at noon the next day, the same order would have cost me $75. If I like your product, and I know a sale is coming, I will wait and order far more than I might have otherwise.

So, yeah, excellent communication is a major factor in my buying decisions.

Good luck to you. Please let us know when you're going to start taking orders.

Sherrick

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I don't think that one supplier is ever going to be able to do it all. It's fine to specialize and sometimes it makes much more sense to do one thing the best than to try and do everything but only do half of it well.

If I am looking for dirt cheep supplies and I know just what I want I am not going to be that concerned with customer service. However, if I am looking at spending more money I do expect good customer service. That would include aswering e-mails promptly (and politely) as well as sending out an order confirmation and shipping confirmation. The same goes for liquids if I know what I am looking for and it's fairly standard I will go with the lowest price and not really worry about customer service too much. However, if I am going to be paying a premium price I am going to expect premium service and if I don't get it I won't be back for more.

All I will say is that if I am paying big bucks for liquid it had better be the bomb. I have ordered liquid from many sources and for a few flavors I will be going back to super cheap suppliers from China.

As for bottles all I really care about is that it doesn't leak and that I can squeeze the damn thing. I hate it when I get a bottle that I have to fight with over every last drop. Make childproof bottles available but I wouldn't switch to them as many of your customers are going to be older and don't need the hassle of trying to break into their own bottle.

consistancy, yep important and especially so for the expensive liquids. I already have access to cheap liquid that is consitant and some of it is really good.

shipping, keep it cheap and ship the same or next day that the order is taken and let me know it's on it's way. That simple. If you do that you will have happy customers. Offer overnight for people who are on the edge of smoking.

Labels, well you might be smart to put a warning label on it like the skull and crossbones and some info. I don't have any little kids around mine have grown up but I still think it would be a good idea to have the skull and crossbones on it to scare kids off.

Freebees are OK but it should be something consistant. If you give a freebee you had better give the same to everyone because people talk and some will get bummed if they get stiffed. Things like stickers with cool pictures and your info are a good one fridge magnets. Carrying cases things like that can be a nice touch. I would also be giving out cards so that your customers can hand them out to friends.

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
Sampler Packs!

I'm happy with the supplier I chose to get my juice from but one thing that I don't like is that they don't offer sampler packs. I don't like having to buy a large bottle of juice when I'm not even sure I'll like it. What I want from my juice supplier is a large sample pack of all the flavors offered.

Now as Grimtooth has pointed out this could quickly turn into a lot of work, especially if you were to allow your customers to choose the nic level and/or VG/PG ratio for the samplers. So, to minimize the amount of work involved I think you should do what he suggested and only offer the sampler packs in one or two nicotine levels and one VG/PG ratio. I would buy them even if it was all 0mg because I would really just be looking to try out the flavors.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
My answers are in color below. I was not sure if this was a real post with the craziness that it contained. I tried to answer as best I could with the questions I was provided. :p

1. Ingredients: This is tough, because unlike someone that manufactures potato chips, most manufacturers aren't even going to know if thier base juices contain 1ppm of magnesium or whatever. If they are a MANUFACTURER and not a reseller they will have test. A manufacturer is liable. What I DO want to know, is that the juice I am buying consists of PURE nicotine (not 10% nic cut with god knows what imported from china) China has VERY strict laws on Nicotine production and very severe penalties for those not a biological company producing nicotine liquid. They are also the largest supplier of e-liquid. Most companies all buy their e-liquid from the same supplier worldwide. Chinese law is much more strict on chemical then American laws. In America you get fines and penalties as the FDA and other groups are big business. In China the penalty can be as severe as death. USP grade PG, VG, & PGA, and flavorings from a reputable source. I have never bought anything from a manufacture that does not contain a label, if you buy label less products that go in the body, do so at your own risk. I am also just as happy with food grade as I am consuming the item into my body through my mouth.

What I definately DON'T want is someone to slap a lable that says those things on some juice they imported premade from china when they dont really KNOW whats in it. Most don't do this because most importers will label the bottles for you before shipment and it even cost less then doing it yourself and also places the packager at fault for errors.

2. Strength: I, and nobody in thier right mind, Is going to pay to have someones juice assayed for strength... so for now I guess its just a trust issue, and I have to take it on faith that when a supplier tells me that this bottle is 24 mg/mL ... thats what it really is. You can follow simple directions on these forums to test nicotine levels with a $5 pool kit from Wal-Mart.

3. Flavors: I bought a small bottle of "Sweet Orange" from a supplier (who I will not be buying from again) ... I swear they just put 20 drops of artificial orange flavoring into some PG / Nic base and sent it out the door... it was Dry, not "sweet" at ALL, and entirely not good. I have tried an RY4 from one supplier that was so sweet I had to cut it in half just to smoke it. A bottles of Chocolate and Coffee I have gotten were almost black in color, absolute atomizer killers regardless of flavor. Ingredients make a huge difference as well as personal preferences. I have never had any flavor kill an atty. I have never had VG kill an atty nor alcohol nor sugar based experiments with flavors I make at home.

There are several AWESOME juice makers that know what they are doing... good BALANCED (and strong) flavors made with quality ingredients and no extra coloring or natural sugars (burn). Hello, we all use a different models of e-cig with different ohms and voltages, there is NO way to make a juice that will be the same in every type of model. Buy juice that you like and pass the ones you don't on in the pay it forward thread in classified.

4. Bottles: My business partner and I had a discussion about this that really didn't go anywhere. Personally I would like to get my supplies in child proof plastic dropper bottles... He seems to like glass. I think this is personal preference. I prefer plastic because you cant drop it and make a mess, You can sit on a plastic dropper and have the top POP right off, juice everywhere. It won't break or crack in shipping, drip tops are easier (for me) to use than droppers, and the child proof cap still keeps it safe for little guys. Most kids can open these tops easier then most adults and many parents have their kids open them for them You guys will have to let me know what you think about this one. Quality packaging shows the company is dedicated to their product and want to make sure the world knows they made it and they are not afraid to place their name and reputation on their products. Glass droppers can be made with child caps :shock:

5. Consistency: I don't want to order a flavor, love it, order a larger bottle, and find out it has half the flavor or tastes completely different. If recipes are going to change, at least post it under the discription of the juice please. Again did the product change or did your taste buds or your unit since the last order? Using the same juice for a long period will also dull your taste buds as they become accustom to the flavor. I still have juice from my first order that I LOVED and they do not taste the same now. Does that mean they suck and I should bad mouth the seller? Nope it means my taste buds have changed and I smile as not smoking is helping my body recover lost function.

6. Shipping: all my juice has come in poly USPS shipper envelopes (another advange imho to plastic bottles) except the glass bottle of 100 mg/mL that I bought... it was a glass bottle in a box filled with packing peanuts. I live in an apartment so they mailman can stuff those envelopes in my box, but anything in a box goes in the large mailbox and I get a key... or it goes to the office and I have to go get it from them during buisness hours. I think envelopes are a good option if the items contain no LIQUIDS. What are we going to have to deal with as e-cig buyers if your 24mg nicotine juice bottle pops or leaks and kills the postal worker delivering it or the neighbors cat that licked up the PG on the package? Everything has it's place and liquids no matter how packaged are best in a more safe method of packaging i.e. a box. Let's look at it like this, nicotine is deadly like a sharp knife can be, would you ship a knife in a paper envelope?

I have never paid extra for shipping... I always order from the USA and everything gets to me in like 3-4 days... I'm pretty OK with that. I never let my supplies get low enough to not last 3-4 days hehe I don't think anyone who doesn't need the item next day doesn't do regular mail either

7. Lables: I never even thought about this, but people on the PEG thread seemed to say they wanted poison lables and maybe some other stuff... personally I'm pretty ok with a flavor name and strength. If your product is going to contain a substance that contains poison like nicotine it should have a label or you are endangering any one who is unfamiliar with e-juice. Safety is top priority with e-juice.

8. Freebies: what to say here... I've gotten lots of freebies from the different places I have ordered from, but honestly I haven't even used half of em. I think one place sent me some Egg Nog for free because they couldn't sell the damn stuff.... I'm OK with freebies but don't send me a free menthol sample when I ordered raspberry, ... duh? I always thought free was free, a sample a sample, how useful would be explaining an e-cig to a menthol smoker be if they wanted to try it and you offered them raspberry? No one has to give you anything and saying free is bad is just silly. We have a section called pay it forward, you can let others have the treasures you find to be trash.

9. Customer service: If I read you have bad customer service I am about 90% less likely to order from you, whether you are a big or small company. The one time I have had a problem it was from a company that people on this board spoke highly of... and my replacement Item was in the mail to me after 1 e-mail, before they even recieved my defective item... THATS customer service. Customer service is that, service to the customer that purchased an item. Everyone's customer service is different. I know I have called my wireless biller madder then hell and had crappy customer service. I hung up the phone and began to tell my wife what the guy said and she simply said I would have said the same thing if you were being a jerk like that. I will NEVER take someone Else's word for my buying decisions as I never know how that person acted when calling or writing and/or what the problem was and what was the solution of the seller. It is very easy to post CS issues on the internet even if you have NEVER bought an item from a company and some people are even paid by companies to do good and bad blog reviews against competitors.

10. Price: saved this one for last. I have ordered Juices across a variety of price ranges.. I have gotten GREAT juices for cheap.. and OK juices for expensive... and the other way around too. since I use maybe 60-90 mL of juice a month I don't care so much if one bottle is a few $ more than another... but I am NOT going to pay $1 / mL. I also really don't want to pay extra for your Custom graphics on my bottle. I personally think a fair price is nothing more than $0.55 - $0.60 / mL (in 30 mL bottles... I understand paying more per mL in smaller bottles) for QUALITY juice. Sites that sell juice for $0.30 / mL almost scare me because I don't want a 30 mL bottle of something nasty...These companies may have gotten a very large order of supplies and pay 50% of what the next seller paid or the mix was made and bottled and is farther along in it's life cycle then the seller cares for and they are trying to move it out of inventory or they could want more people enjoying the e-cig experience (i guess i could give it away to my friends LOL) Do you what high quality ingredients that you can believe and not just trust as you stated above? There are cost in quality control. There are cost in top quality ingredients, there are cost in bottling and packaging, there are cost in shipping of all these materials and cost for workers and mixers at said company. And you're silly the smallest bottles should be the cheapest as they are the easiest to make, cost the least over all to produce, have the highest customer return rate if product is good. Why would someone sell you 30ml for $18 and ask you for $10 on a 10ml bottle? That bottle cost less, there is less in that bottle and your rate of return to buy more of that item is higher because you will use it and need more faster.

Thats all I can think of for now.

please stop in an leave some thoughts... Help me become the best supplier I can, and help the current suppliers understand the things you do and dont like and why they need to keep it up or change thier ways !!

Grim

[blue] Please spell check your website and your labels. Spell check is free and it will make you a more reputable seller if your bottle is labeled Tobacco and not Tabacco. Also the use of , : ' and other symbols in your sentences also help separate one idea to the next.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've got to add one to the voices that mention sampler packs. Maybe a pack of 5 or so like-themed juices in small bottles that you could try and not feel guilty about if you hate them all.

As far as the juice itself, I like dense fog, flavors that are "flavor-dense" (ie. I shouldn't have to strain to taste the flavor), and a smoother throat hit. I suppose this would be a pg-vg blend, heavy on the VG.

Customer service is key, of course - being able to contact the supplier, make requests, change orders if need be. Make yourself available to customers! They shouldn't have to chase after you or wait a week for a response!

A nice tidy turn-around time is also important. Nobody wants to wait weeks for a product.

Clear labels! I need to be able to see what flavor, what nic concentration, and when it was produced. Preferably on a label that will hold up to the occasional spill!

Other than that, just make your juice as tasty as possible!

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
there is no reason to be out of stock on something for any considerable period of time unless you are buying from someone that is just a reseller (who also has no Idea what is really in the product they are selling then) So every supplier should have 1000's of extras sitting around in hope that they sell and the products do not go bad? Sorry to burst your bubble but nicotine juice from day of manufacture has a two year shelf life, not two years from when it is mixed with PG, not two years from when flavor is added and not two years from when it is bottled. You also have to factor in the production of flavors, they don't just make themselves. Shipping of supplies is different on each item too. Some items are made to order depending on the packaging and labels. Also juice flavors are not mixed and ready to be vaped. They have to be mixed and sit or be shaken for a set amount of time. Some flavors such as menthol crystals and cinnamon take longer then others.

Samples ... I have ordered sample packs in the past ... out of the 10 bottles I ordered I only used 3 and the rest are in a drawer (emergency stock I suppose) ... but it WAS helpful to me to be able to test out several flavors without ordering big bottles. my biggest problem is of course the amount of work required to hand mix tons of 3mL bottles.. Well if they truly are SAMPLES then you should make a large BOTTLE like 500ml and then place the mix into smaller 3ml bottles, not much work there. These sample packs are also not 100% perfect as flavors sometimes take a few days to completely remove themselves from an atomizer. Now a sample pack of Cartomizers with a unit purchase is a great idea as the flavors are self contained in the cartomizers.

Do you think it would be a fair trade to have the 3mL sample size available in only one strength (say 12 mg/mL) that would cut down the work considerably and still let people try flavors without commitment? It would be awesome if flavor samples were 0mg nicotine as you are sampling a flavor. I don't taste the nicotine.

JoeD4: I understand your request... but that is a pretty tall order... maybe not impossible... but impossible for me hehe... Good advice for established suppliers though im sure.

I will however include some DIY stuff for sure

Grim

As a member who is getting ready to go into business are you not supposed to apply for registered seller and not post anymore until approved. This just seems like a crazy thread of what if's and things that just are not true. And as of a way to get people to PM you to purchase stuff.

karmatized

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
New York USA
www.happysmokes.com
Flavors i may be a little bias in this as a supplier but i think a bane of the industry are suppliers that get into the business to try to turn a profit and nothing more. Im not saying money should not be made for supplying a product.

Let me give a example. Someone who doesn't even vape or smoke starts a company selling products and juices. This person has no idea of what the community likes or wants.
This can lead to juices that are nothing more then just a best guess at what something should taste like. Which i like to call ...-Juice. A good suppier will go through a lot of juice trying to perfect his flavors.
Also A good supplier should send out lots of free samples to designated tasters to get good reviews on those flavors and to adjust them accordingly till there is a standard.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should, if i wanted too i could make a dog poo flavor. And i could say im the only one with it. But really that stuff should never have even been made.

also i think the supplier should have a community presence, be it ecf youtube or whatnot. Its nice to know in business who your dealing with.

GrandPoobah

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Samples ... I have ordered sample packs in the past ... out of the 10 bottles I ordered I only used 3 and the rest are in a drawer (emergency stock I suppose) ... but it WAS helpful to me to be able to test out several flavors without ordering big bottles. my biggest problem is of course the amount of work required to hand mix tons of 3mL bottles..

Do you think it would be a fair trade to have the 3mL sample size available in only one strength (say 12 mg/mL) that would cut down the work considerably and still let people try flavors without commitment?

Definitely. The 3ml ones should all be the same nic. People want them to try flavors, so the nic level should be something mainstream like 12mg. That way you can mix a bucket of it together and just fill up 3ml's from that. A as supplier you shouldn't have to handle a huge burden with preparing everything individually.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Yikes Hagbard. LOL! :) I thought the OP was just trying to get an idea of what other's perceive as a top-notch vendor. Seemed a thoughtful and caring approach to becoming a supplier. I'm confused....:confused:

The whole thing seemed silly to me.

One line he says he wants safety and then says he thinks the unsafer way is better.

One line he wants to know the ingredients are top notch and then he says he is fine with Flavor and nicotine only on the bottle.

One line he says he wants plastic because glass can break if cheap shipping is used and fails to think of how easy a plastic bottle can pop if a larger box is thrown on top of the bubble envelope.

He says flavors don't taste the same from one person to the next.............well if they aren't both buying the same liquid to resell.......it shouldn't taste the same.

He slams those who take the pride to label their products.

He slams those who don't mark up the juice to what he "thinks" is the right price and slams those who mark it up more.

Pricing is the sellers option, if the product is top notch and every flavor tasted exactly like the food it said on the label I'd pay $3 a ml. I paid $6.27 a pack and smoked a pack and a half per day and I hated the flavor of cigarettes, I just couldn't stop smoking. A 30ml bottle last me 20+ days. So I don't see the difference.

Quality cost money. Products that are quality will offer samples. Anyone who wants $30 a bottle and won't let you sample is just trying to get your $30 and run.

The whole post was all over the place and contradicting itself from line to line.

I do agree samples should be offered, at a discount or sent free.

The whole post just annoyed me because it just seemed to be lacking any sort of clear path from beginning to end. :oops:

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
As a member who is getting ready to go into business are you not supposed to apply for registered seller and not post anymore until approved. This just seems like a crazy thread of what if's and things that just are not true. And as of a way to get people to PM you to purchase stuff.

I enjoy my full member status, and have read these boards every day faithfully and learned everything I needed to know about vaping from the community here. They saved me from ordering a POS PV on my first order, which would have ended up in the trash and left me still smoking analogs and with a bad attitude towards vaping. At this time I do not have an application to be a registered vendor because I have no business to promote, and I have no timetable as to when I WILL have a business to promote other than "maybe sometime this year".

I am not advertising, but rather doing "Market Research"... furthermore the information in this thread is useful not just to myself, but anyone who sells PV's and Juice.. and by useful I mean that it will allow them to run a better business in the sense of having more satisfied customers... You = Customer ... Satisfied = Good ... ... = Good for You in the long run... Good for ME ... good for the other 40,000 members.

There is a 99% chance that going into this will result in a part time job that pays less than and may even cut into my current full time job, so don't think I am blinded by dollar signs and willing to do anything to make a buck. I have converted half a dozen of my friends to vaping from smoking in the past month because I believe in it whole-heartedly. If I fail at selling Juice I will still be happy to have a lifetime supply of juice that I know is hand made from quality ingredients. (And I don't really have a hobby anymore... so why not)

It is actually very great to know that China has extremely strict laws on nicotine production... And that even makes me feel a little better about "Resellers" who just sell premade juices from China... whom I previously had a very low opinion of.

As far as #10. on my list goes maybe I should clarify... I meant that I am MORE likely to pay $0.50-$0.60 /mL than $0.30 and its probably just my own weird attitude but usually when people sell product for half as much as the next guy... its half as good.

And yea as far as the samples go, mixing a bottle to put into 3mL sample bottles is easy... but mixing 5-8 bottles of each flavor in different nic strengths and PV/VG content would be a bit much I think...

I had planned on mixing the flavors (after locking down recipes) as concentrate, and then adding them to whatever base PG / VG / Nic% is required... This is why I thought it was pretty rediculous to be out of stock on something, because I can't imagine having 100 1gallon bottles of premixes so that every flavor and strength is ready to pour...

I had thought this would be a good way to have consistent flavor across all bases and strengths, but it would be MORE consistant at the 10-30 mL level than the 3mL level. But, Yes, I agree that samples probably are where repeat business is born.

Looks like the bottle debate is just that... a debate hehe... maybe It would be a good idea to just let customers choose?

Jack Daniels flavor huh? ... I guess that would just be Oak and Sugar hehe

Thank you all, even you Hagbard you made some good points

Keep it coming

Grim

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Hagbard ~ I understood the label issue differently. I thought what he was commenting on are those suppliers that all buy from the same source and then put their own label on it to make it appear different or privately made. I've run into this a few times myself. I have purchased a few bottles of 555 from different vendors over the past few weeks, trying to find the "one" that is right for me. What I found out is that more than half of the bottles I bought were identical because my supplier simply put their own label on a bottle of DeKang juice. I thought I was getting different individual recipes of 555, but I was actually buying the same thing, over and over and over again. Now, I like DeKang's version of 555, but I don't need to buy it half-a-dozen different times from different vendors to figure that out. I thought the OP in this case was saying that their should be a bit of transparency so people know more precisely what they're buying and where it really, really came from.

Of course, that's just my take on it.
Sherrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread